Monday, January 7, 2013

Interview: Ken Haeser








Hey Ken How are you?
-I’m good, man! Keeping busy and staying out of trouble.

For people who don’t know who you are and what you do can you give use so background information?
-Sure--- my name is Ken Haeser and I’m an alch… oops--- wrong background. My name is Ken Haeser and I’m a comic book writer and artist living in the deep south of New Jersey. I am the co-creator of The Living Corpse from Dynamite Entertainment and I also do a metric ton of sketch covers for Dynamic Forces.

How is it working for Dynamic Forces, do you find it better working on sketch covers or on the interior art for books like the Living Corpse that you created?
-It’s actually easier to knock out a stack of sketch covers because they are pretty quick, but I definitely have more fun working on Living Corpse pages. With Living Corpse pages we can take our time and make it just how we want it.

Talking of the Living Corpse that you created with Buz Hasson what’s it like having your own creation in comic book form and working on it with Buz?
It doesn’t get much better than that! We get to do whatever we want in there and just have fun with it and come up with some cool stuff. And if other people buy it and like it--- even better!

How excited and you that the Living Corpse is being made into a Movie and why should people check it out?
I was crazy exited. Especially with the guys who made it kept me and Buz in the loop during the whole production and had us design most of the characters in the movie. And people should check it out because it’s a zombie movie that’s not a zombie movie. It’s a lot of fun and very different than anything you’ve seen.
Right now the movie is being rated for a theatrical release and then look for it on DVD and Blu Ray sometime in the Spring/Summer time.

You really like Horror why is this and what influences from the genre do you draw above when drawing?
Not sure why I like it, but I’ve always been drawn to the darker side of things. I’m most happy when I’m drawing scary things and monsters. That’s why Living Corpse is so much fun cause we get to play with any kind of monster we can think of.
As for influences--- Bernie Wrightson, Mike Ploog, Mike Mignola, Al Feldstein, and Saturday morning cartoons. There is always a ton more--- but this would be long as hell!

You do commissions for people how long does it normally take for you to produce a piece of art for someone?
I usually knock them out pretty quick with only some of the really detailed taking no more than a couple days. Most pieces are done the day they are started and jumping on to the next one!


What character or Characters would you really love to work on in a book and why?
Well, I’d love to do Living Corpse as a monthly--- hopefully that’s coming soon. As for other characters, I could die happy doing some Spider-man and Batman.

What plans do you have for the New Year?
My New Year resolution is more comic interiors and fewer sketches covers. We’ll see how that works out!

Thanks for taking the time out to answer some questions for use Ken hope to here from you again in the future.
You too, man! Thanks!

Interview By Stephen Walker (ComicsSGW) Follow on Twitter @ComicsSGW or on Youtube at DarkAvengerINC and ComicsSGW. Check out Ken on his Facebook page Ken Haeser and on Dynamic Forces.

No comments:

Post a Comment