Sunday, March 24, 2013

Nova #2 Review








I have never really followed the original Nova character or read much about him but I must say I have fallen in love with this new Marvel Now! Series. The story couldn't be any better and the artwork and coloring is just amazing. I found myself quickly putting myself in the world of Sam Alexander Whose Dad Jesse used to tell him stories about outer space adventures with the Black Nova's & Super Nova's. In issue #1 Sam get's into a skateboarding accident and wakes up from a coma in the hospital.



Upon waking up he finds himself face to face with Gamora and Rocket Raccoon, Yes you heard me correctly a space raccoon that reminds me a lot of Fox McCloud from Star Fox. Don't let the foolish and unoriginal name fool you because the character is actually pretty cool! Anyways, Sam wakes up and freaks out and ends up escaping the hospital after finding his father's Nova mask next to him. This is when it get's interesting and is the moment I have been waiting for and that is Sam putting on the mask and feeling the power of Nova! This page is simply awesome!



After Sam takes a little tour of life as Nova he ends up back at the hospital and comes to find out that he is now in better condition health wise than when he checked in. How this happens I'm not really sure? I'm guessing it's from the Nova powers. After suffering some frustration with his Mom and father's outer space stories he eventually put's the mask back on and we are off into the world of Nova again! This time around Sam actually starts to feel comfortable with the powers and is able to control it more.

This issue is not very long but cover's a lot of ground in one single issue and leaves you wanting more. After reading issue #1 I wanted issue #2 to come out now! And now im ready for issue #3 to see what happens in the world of Sam “Nova” Alexander next! I think it would be really awesome to see this turn into either a Marvel animated movie or an animated series. As I had mentioned in the beginning of this review I don’t know a lot about the back story or past of Nova but What I have read recently in this series has been awesome and I recommend it to any comic books fan's out there!

Score: 9/10 – Great story, artwork and detail just wish it was a little bit longer but still 100% satisfied and can't wait to see what's next.

Review by Mike Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment