Monday, June 10, 2013

Guilty pleasures, ashamed or proud?

Guilty pleasures....we all have 'em and most of us don't talk about them because we fear....judgement. Yes the big 9 letter word we all hate yet we innately practice it every day whether we like to admit it or not. But in any case, the topic of judgement should be saved for it's own piece. Here, I'd like to talk about my guilty pleasures and why I'm NOT ashamed of them.

First of all, I disagree with the title of guilty pleasure. I mean who came up with the phrase guilty pleasures anyway? This man/woman was probably ridiculed everyday for liking something that no one else liked so he/she was like "f$%& it, it's my guilty pleasure!" Then everybody else probably realized hey I have one too and then the whole world lived happily ever after keeping what they loved hidden! This guy right here (me) doesn't play that game! I'm not afraid of what I like and I don't care what people think. The less you care about what people think, the more enjoyable life becomes.

As you can see by the picture, my major guilty pleasure is a reality show on Oxygen called Bad Girls Club. This may or may not be expected of a gay male to watch, yet I still don't care. If I was straight I'd 100% still watch it. Main stream critics view this show as debauchery and trash tv. Yes it is trash tv, but it's trash tv that I love and have loved since 2007! Hell, most of it's probably scripted but I don't care. Seeing 7 women interact and fight with each other over petty drama is just enjoyable to me. Why is it that "bad girls" fighting and cursing is considered crass, yet grown men pulverizing each other's faces till they bleed is considered sport? 

Here is a clip of my favorite fight from the show, season 7 New Orleans!
A few of my other guilty pleasures of mine are: watching the movie aquamarine, watching roseanne marathons, and listening to old Tila Tequila songs. If you learned anything from this blog, I hope it's to embrace who you are and live the life you want to live. Don't let someones opinion be your cross to bear. Just be you and enjoy your life.
-----Luke Widlund

No comments:

Post a Comment