Thursday, December 12, 2013

DC Cancels Batman: The Dark Knight And Animal Man In March


DC Cancels Animal Man And Batman: The Dark Knight

DC has cancelled two titles today with their last issues scheduled to ship in March. The writers for both Batman: The Dark Knight and Animal Man have announced through their personal blogs that the titles are cancelled.  


Gregg Hurwutz announced the cancellation on his blog today thanking fans and expressing how much fun he had writing Batman: The Dark Knight:

Batman is forever, but sadly not all of his titles are. Batman: The Dark Knight will be ending with Issue 29. When I first signed on to do a single arc with David Finch, I never imagined I’d stay this long. Because of my work in novels and screenplays, I’m rarely sure what sorts of deadlines I’ll be juggling at any time, so I usually commit to a single six-issue story at a time and write way out ahead of schedule. DC has been great and gracious about accommodating this, and because of their flexibility, I wound up writing on the title for two (really damn fun) years.
– Gregg Hurwutz


 While Jeff Lemire also announced Animal Man’s Cancellation and gave hope to fans of the character on his blog:

“My run as the writer of Animal Man, and the series itself, will come to an end with March's Issue 29, an issue which I will both write and draw along with Travel Foreman.
As sad as I am to be finished writing the solo stories of Buddy, Maxine, Ellen and Cliff,  I am also excited to announce that I will continue to write the monthly adventures of Animal Man when he becomes regular member of the new JUSTICE LEAGUE book I am writing."

– Jeff Lemire

Let us know in the comments what you think of this news from DC and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!


All images images are courtesy of DC Entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment