Saturday, December 14, 2013

Justice League 3000 #1 Review


By: Jay Reyes


 After the cancellation of New 52s version of the Legion of Superheroes at issue 17 DC has finally given us another book that takes place in the deep future of the New 52.  

WONDER TWIN POWERS ACTIVATE!


The new series starring the heroes of today—tomorrow is resolicited, now with legendary artist Howard Porter (JLA) on board! But what are these heroes doing in the year 3000? And who (or what) brought them there? Get ready for a dose of wonder from the writing team of Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis!


The Good: The Wonder Twins are back and they are better then ever. I've always been interested in the twins but they were barley ever used before the New 52. I'm happy to say that their first appearance has made me very happy. 


The plot of this first issue has me very intrigued and hopeful that with future issues the twins can be fleshed out a bit and we can be shown there history. The new League is touch and go at this point for me because I feel with the exception of Superman and Wonder Woman, the other characters (Batman, Flash, and Green Lantern) feel the same. I really like the art in this book also, there were some odd facial expressions here and there with Wonder Woman but other then that I really liked it.


The Bad:  For me personally there isn't really any bad moments in this issue that wouldn't involve me nit picking. But I'll nitpick, Hal Jordan's powers are confusing and the explanation is even more confusing. 


Towards the middle of the issue the pacing becomes a little slow but it picks up quickly. Also normally I love all of Superman's many attires but his new redesign takes some getting used too, plus he's a super jerk and that also takes some getting used to.


Overall: This was a really good set up issue for future issues to come. The story with Cadmus and the twins is very intriguing and the new League seems like their future with Cadmus is unsure and the solicitations of the future issues look like there's some real trouble brewing for the new team.


Let us know in the comments what you think of this review of DC Comics Justice League 3000 #1 and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!


All images images are courtesy of DC Entertainment

1 comment:

  1. Glass you liked it Jay. I did like the humor. Facail expressions made the characters look crazy at times.

    ReplyDelete