Friday, December 20, 2013

Superior Spider-Man #24 Review

By: Jay Reyes

Superior Spider Man is still on fire after 24 issues and it doesn't look like its stopping anytime soon.  I'm happy to say I've supported this series since Amazing Spider-Man #700 and I'm still not disappointed.

Darkest Hours Part 3 of 4: The birth of a new Goblin! The return of Cardiac! MJ’s greatest fear! And the one question everyone will be asking: “Who is THE SUPERIOR VENOM?!” Good luck, Superior Spider-Man! You’re gonna need it!



The Good: Superior Venom is awesome. Humberto Ramos' art really fits Spider-Man, I love the way he draws Venom. I hate Ramos' art on anything but Spider-Man, in my opinion he just belongs on Spider-Man and that's it.




I really like Dan Slott's writing. He really has revamped Spider-Man, even though he's not the greatest Spider-Man writer of all time he deserves a top 5 spot for sure. "Spock" continues to destroy Peter's life and I LOVE IT! When Peter returns he's got a lot of explaining to do (poor Aunt May). I continue to like Anna Maria and "Spock's" relationship and look forward to seeing how Peter deals with Anna Marie when he gets his body back.



The Bad: The story was kind of slow in the beginning until it picked up towards the middle. Another thing I didn’t really is that this issue didn’t really accomplish anything. Hopefully we get somewhere by the end of the next issue.




Other than the beginning being slow and the story not really accomplishing anything I really liked the issue. But there is a nitpick with the series as a whole, The fact that it takes 24 issues for someone other than Carlie to find out that something is wrong with Peter is annoying. Hopefully the Avengers find out Peter isn’t Peter by the end of the next issue.



Overall: The seeds have been sowed for the end of "Spock's" run. "Spock" destroyed everything Peter has worked for and I can’t wait to see how Peter explains his behavior.  I hope he hasn’t destroyed his relationship with Aunt May because I would be pretty sad if Peter and May's relationship is damaged because of Octavius.



Let us know in the comments what you think of Superior Spider-Man #24 and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

All images images are courtesy of Marvel Entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment