Saturday, January 4, 2014

Kat's Comic Haul for 1/8/14



Chris suggested me to do a new segment for Comic Frontline talking about my haul for the week. I have been planning a segment like this for months. So, please tell me if you like this new segment or if you would like a video version for Frontline on Wednesdays. Okay lets get started!



DC Comics



Detective Comics #27
This is a series I usually don’t pick up, but issue 27 will be starting the next big Batman event Gothtopia. So, I thought I would give this issue a try. I am also a big Batfamily fan. So, looking forward to see what all of these A-list creators will be doing with this anniversary issue.



Earth 2 #19
This series has improved tremendously since James Robinson left. Tom Taylor made this mediocre series exciting with twist and turns in every issue. Your beloved characters will be shown in a different light.  (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 30)



Green Arrow #27
Green Arrow is another series that has been a big improvement with a different creative team. Jeff Lemire has been giving Oliver Queen interesting story and dropping Arrow references with every issue. Looking forward to part 2 of the Outsider. Might I also mention that the cover looks pretty BAD ASS! (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 30)



Green Lantern #27
Green Lantern has been a disappoint ever since Lights Out. It is hard to let go of this series, but if it doesn’t pick up I just might have to. Crossing my fingers that this issue picks up a little. Even though the cover looks pretty weird. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 30)



Smallville Alien #2
Smallville is a digital first book, but I like picking this one up in print. I tried reading it in chapters, but it felt too short for me. Print is like a trade for digital comics. Looking forward to seeing the Alien story arc continue. Superman has revealed to the world that he is an alien. Will people still trust him? (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 30)



Vampire Diaries #1
You guys know I am a huge Vampire Diaries fan. So, I have been looking forward to this series for a while. It seems like this title will be tieing in with Season 1 (Not my favorite season). Hope they don’t stay in Season 1 for too long.

Image Comics



Morning Glories #36
My favorite indy comic book. I always look forward to this title. It always brings you an interesting mystery story. Even if some issues are little bit too mysterious. The cover has Cassie on it. So, hopefully this issue will be Cassie centric. I enjoy her centric issues. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 30)

Marvel Comics



All New Marvel Now Point One
Even though this is probably just going to be a glorified previews book I am still looking forward to this one shot book. I remember the original Marvel Now Point One actually got me interested in titles that I wasn’t initially going to pick up. Lets hope this book does the same thing.



All New X-Factor #1
I have never read an X-factor series in my life. So, I thought with the series getting rebooted why not give it a try. I am getting this totally at whim. So, hopefully it impresses me enough to continue buying the series.



Black Widow #1
I have never been a huge Black Widow fan. I remember I read her last solo series for a couple of issues and then dropped it, but I am going to give this a fair shot.



Cataclysm Ultimate Last Stand #3
Will the Ultimate Universe actually die? I guess we will find out soon. Looking forward to seeing how this event ends. Who will live and who will die? From the cover, it seems that issue 3 will be more focused on the X-men.



Cataclysm Ultimate Comics Spider-man #3
This is my favorite Cataclysm tie-in by far. It has the same feel that the original Ultimate Comics Spider-man series had. I love these characters and it is sad to see this series go.




Inhumanity Awakening #2
This tie-in mini is only two issues long. The first issue was good enough for me to finish the mini.  (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 30)



Revolutionary War Alpha #1
I have never read any of the British related Marvel titles, but this event looked interesting to me. So, I am going to try the first issue and see if I like these characters. If I do I will try to pick up more from the event. But the last time we had something called Alpha it sucked. Lets not bring back those memories. 



1 comment: