Sunday, June 15, 2014

Kat's Pull List for 6/18/14 "Small Week"


Kat talks about all the comics she is getting this week. Check out what Kat is excited for in this week's pull list.


DC Comics




Batman Eternal #11

Lately Batman Eternal has had some weak issues, but the premise of the series is still promising. I hope with the trial of Jim Gordon we will see things pick up. Hope we also get to see more Batgirl in this issue. 



Harley Quinn #7

When Harley Quinn is good it is great and when Harley Quinn is bad it is pretty bad. This is not a consistently good series. Hope that can change! This looks like it can be a fun Poison Ivy and Harley issue.



Futures End #7

Just like Batman Eternal there have been some weak issues lately with this series. I hope this series can discover itself and find out the story it is telling soon.

IDW




The Powerpuff Girls #10

Powerpuff girls is such a fun series. It reminds me a lot of the TV show and it is one of IDW's most consistent series. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 53)       

Marvel





Daredevil #4

This is an All New Marvel Now series that actually deserved a reboot. This volume of Mark Waid's Daredevil seems like a new chapter, and I am enjoying every moment of the new scenery.



Elektra #3

I never expected to like this series because the art and story are so abstract, but something keeps drawing me in. I like the new character Elektra has become and the story is very original.  

 

Nova #18

I am pretty excited for this Original Sin tie-in. Nova is very connected to the Watcher. So, how will he react to the news of his death? 



Original Sin #4

I didn't really like the first two issues of Original Sin. It just didn't seem like my taste for a comic event. It felt very dark to me. So, I actually dropped the series with issue 3 but Jay told me I couldn't miss this issue. I listened to his judgement and picked up issue 3 and I wasn't disappointed. Can't wait to see where this event goes. Maybe this is the end of the Marvel event curse?     

 

Silver Surfer #3

Silver Surfer is a middle ground series. Nothing that makes me want to drop it, but it also ends up being toward the bottom of my pile to read. I hope the series ends up picking up a little more and become more unique. 


Let us know in the comments what you think of Kat's Pull List and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment