Saturday, August 23, 2014

At The Movies With Jay And Kat: September 2014 Movies "The End Of Summer Blockbusters"


Kat and Jay are both TV/Movie junkies, and wanted to team up on a feature every month to share their thoughts on upcoming movies. Check out Kat and Jay's thoughts on the key movies coming out in September. September has some big movies coming out like The Maze Runner, Dolphin Tale 2 , and Laggies.

September 12th




No Good Deed


Jay's Thoughts: This is one of those suspense thrillers that really hit home because they can happen. Someone knocks on your door says they broke down and wants to call for help can they use your phone? Then before you know it they are in your house terrorizing you and your family. I think it is a great time too, September is a good month for this type of movie and with Idris Elba, who played Heimdall in the Thor Movies and has this great voice and a way to deliver that will make his terrifying in this role. I'm going to see this in theaters.





Dolphin Tale 2

Kat's Thoughts:  I have never seen the first Dolphin Tale, but saw positive reviews and it did pretty well in the box office. I am sure the sequel will do as well as the first. September is a good time for an inspiring movie like Dolphin Tale. People want to be inspired after the Summer is over. I am probably going to skip this one, but I still think this will be a success. 




September 19th



The Maze Runner

Kat's Thoughts: This will probably be the only movie I see in September, but I am really anticipating The Maze Runner. I am a big fan of Teen Wolf and Dylan O'Brien is one of my favorite actors. This is one of his biggest movie roles yet and can't wait to support the movie. Even though this is another post apocalyptic movie based on a Young Adult novel, there is a great young cast that I think can shine with this franchise. I hope this is a successful adaptation. 

Jay's Thoughts: Like Kat, I am a huge Teen Wolf fan and think Dylan O'Brien is a great actor in it and has a great presence on screen. I will be seeing this to support him as an actor, I hope this turns out to be really great, with adaptations of Young Adult Novels like Hunger Games and Divergent that did so well in the box office I hope The Maze Runner continues that success. Who knows maybe, just maybe if this trend continues we could see a movie based on the Roswell High books? I doubt it but here is to hoping LOL.





A Walk Among The Tombstones


Jay's Thoughts: Another suspense movie. Liam Neeson is a great actor and to see him as this cop turned sort of vigilante who gets brought into a case involving a serial killer(s) is something I would go see. I can see this doing a decent job in the box office.







Reclaim

Kat's Thoughts: This looks like an interesting thriller. Parents get scammed as they try to adopt their child. This will be a Netflix film for me. 







This is Where I Leave You

Kat's Thoughts:  This is a bit of a gamble for a comedy movie. The family comes together after a list of depressing events. This can either be brilliant or a big flop. Might I also add that Jason Bateman doesn't always do that well in the box office, but I think Tina Fey will grab some people's interest. This movie will be a toss up, but from watching the trailer I think I am going to skip this one. 




September 26th



The Equalizer

Kat's Thoughts: This looks kind of interesting. I like the chemistry between Moretz and Washington, even though the movie will mostly be about Washington's characters. The main character has a hero complex. Why does he play hero is an important question which I hope they answer throughout the movie. 




The Boxtrolls

Jay's Thoughts: This movie is sort of a fusion of Monsters INC and The Jungle Book.You have a human being raised by a group of Boxtrolls that are creatures parents tell their kids about. The movie explores the boy re-entering the human world and the humans coming after the Boxtrolls. This would be a  Netflix  thing for me if at all while it mixes elements of those movies that I enjoy it doesn't look like it has their charm.



  
Laggies

Kat's Thoughts: This was a Sundance film back in the beginning of the year. Now it's releasing nationwide. I think Chloe Moretz can do well on the indy scene. Looking forward to seeing how this movie is received. It seems like a good film about being in your 20's and having to grow up. I might give this one a try. Always love coming of age movies. 



  

Let us know in the comments what you think of this At the Movies with Jay and Kat: September 2014 Movies "The End of Summer Blockbusters" and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment