Monday, November 17, 2014

Kat's Pull List for 11/19/14 "Spider-Verse Continues"






Kat talks about all the comics she is getting this week. Check out what Kat is excited for in this week's pull list.



DC Comics



Batman and Robin #36

I usually don't get this series, but I was tempted to buy this issue with the cover. We see three robins grappling across the sky with Batman. How will this connect with the return of Damian Wayne?  



Batman Eternal #33

Batman Eternal has been a bit better over the last couple of weeks let's hope that this series can continue to be consistent. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 73) 



Earth 2 World's End #7

Earth 2 has so far been the most consistent weekly series. Last issue had some interesting cliffhangers with the core team and Green Lantern. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 73) 



Harley Quinn #12

Harley Quinn has had a few good issues in it's run so far, but a lot of ridiculous issues also. Saying that I am looking forward to this Harley Quinn and Power Girl story arc. Amanda Conner is a co-writer for Harley Quinn and before the New 52 she was the writer for the critically acclaimed Power Girl series. Excited to see what will happen when these two characters come together. 



Injustice Gods Among Us Year 3 #4

I just started reading Injustice Gods Among Us and I am glad that I did. This series is a great character driven book, just like all of Tom Taylor's works. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 73)    



Justice League #36 

I have been loving Justice League issue 36. The Amazo Virus Part 1 had a pretty good cliffhanger that made me interested in the rest of the story arc.   



Futures End #29 

Overall Futures End has been a pretty weak series, but I am kind of excited to read this issue. It seems that the series will finally be concentrating on one story. I think this is the answer to improve the series. In a normal issue there are too many stories being told in one issue. This issue will concentrate on Firestorm, and I think Tim Drake's ex-girlfriend will become one of the new Firestorms. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 73) 



Supergirl #36

I am a big Supergirl fan, but I hate her New 52 version. Issue 36 brings a new creative team a new direction for the character, which is something I think Supergirl desperately needs. I will see where this goes. 



Teen Titans #4

The new Teen Titans series has been a bit of an improvement from Lobdell's run on the team. This series is more readable, but I still don't find the pull that will draw more readers to the New 52 version of the Teen Titans. Let's hope this series gets more momentum in the next couple of issues. 



Wonder Woman #36

I am really excited for the Finch's to take over this title. It seems that they will go a new direction with the series, which I think Wonder Woman desperately needs in the New 52. 

IDW 



Cartoon Network Super Secret Crisis War #6

This is the last part of the big Cartoon Network comic book crossover. Overall, I have not been impressed with Super Secret Crisis War. I think they really lost the opportunity of something that truly could have been epic. I am looking forward to reading the regular Power Puff Girls series again. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 73)  

Image



Invincible #115

It feels like forever since the last issue of Invincible. This has become one of my favorite comic book series. With every issues there is great artwork, great character interactions, and major cliffhangers. 



Revival #25

Revival is another series that I look forward to reading every month. I hope with this landmark issue we will get even more developments with the revivals. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 73)   



Sinergy #1

I usually don't gravitate to these type of series, but this had an interesting concept. It looks like it has the possibility of an interesting cast. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 73)

Marvel



The Amazing Spider-man #10

Spider-Verse continues with the Amazing Spider-man #10. The first part was mostly set up, but I think with this issue we are going to get into the meat of the event. 

  

Axis #6

I really dislike Axis and honestly just finishing up the event because supposedly this is going to lead into bigger things for the Marvel universe. But doesn't Marvel say this about every event?   



Daredevil #10

Mark Waid's new run on Daredevil has been pretty solid and I look forward to seeing what Daredevil continues to do in San Francisco. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 73)  

   

Weapon X Program #2

The first issue of Weapon X Program had an interesting enough premise to make me pick up issue 2. I hope we get to learn even more about these new characters in this issue. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 73)  



Elektra #8

I think that Elektra is such an under the radar series. The series has some of the best internal monologue and the writer describes Elektra's fighting style in a new creative way. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 73)   



Fantastic Four #13 

 This is one of the best Fantastic Four series in recent years. I am curious to see what brings the team together since most of the series we have seen the Fantastic Four separated. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 73)   



Guardians of the Galaxy #21

I have been on and off with Guardians of the Galaxy because after 21 issues I still don't think Brian Michael Bendis has a true direction for the series. I started to pick up the series again because of this new Venom story arc. I am glad to see a focus on the new characters on the team like Venom and Captain Marvel. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 73) 

   

Spider Woman #1

I am glad to see more girl power with these new Spider books. Spider Woman will be launching this new crusade. Jessica Drew deserves her own book and I am intrigued to see how Silk will fit in. Only thing I am not looking forward to is Greg Land's artwork. He is not the greatest with facial expressions and I think this could be a big negative towards this book.   



Uncanny X-men #28 

Over the past couple of issues Uncanny X-men has found a new direction and has improved tremendously. Hope the series can keep up this momentum. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 73)   

Zenescope



Dark Shaman #2

Last month Dark Shaman really impressed me and landed a spot on my Top 5. I don't think Native American culture is explored enough and glad that Zenescope is finally exploring this culture in their universe. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 73)    



Grimm Fairy Tales #104

I have been really impressed with the new direction Grimm Fairy Tales has been going. We are slowly learning about these new characters and so far they all have a pretty interesting back story. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 73)   

2 comments:

  1. Didn't you get Superman/Wonder Woman before? Aren't you getting it any more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much on my pull list had to drop some titles for now

      Delete