Thursday, December 4, 2014

At the Movies with Jay & Kat: December 2014 Movies "Broadway Takes Center Stage"


Kat and Jay are both TV/Movie junkies, and wanted to team up on a feature every month to share their thoughts on upcoming movies. Check out Kat and Jay's thoughts on the key movies coming out in December. December has some big movies coming out like Into The Woods, Exodus: Gods and Kings, and The Hobbit The Battle of the Five Armies. 

 December 5th

The Pyramid




Jay's Thoughts: I love myths and legends, love ancient Egypt so this is a movie that appeals to me, but not sure if it is a must see in theaters opening weekend type of movie. 




Top Five



Jay's Thoughts: This movie doesn't appeal to me at all. I am not a Chris Rock fan at all. I never got his comedy. Then you add in the Rom/Com aspect and I am even more detached from it. So I will probably never see this movie.



 Dying Of The Light



Jay's Thoughts: I saw the movie and who was in it and at first was like not going to watch it, it isn't my thing. Then while watching the trailer seeing that it is different and uses Dementia really has me interested in this movie it added that extra level of depth.




December 12th

Exodus: Gods And Kings



Jay's Thoughts: I watched the Ten Commandments every year for as long as I can remember, and it is finally being remade. I am really looking forward to the modern re-telling of the story, to see the plagues on Egypt, and the epic fell that I felt in this trailer, I can see this movie getting some buzz. I have watched the Ten Commandments every year and it is funny it is usually on around Easter, yet this movie is released near Christmas I wonder if they did that so it wouldn't be compared or seen as being connected to that movie.





Inherent Vice



Kat's Thoughts: Before writing this article I hadn't heard of Inherent Vice. After watching the trailer I am honestly not impressed. I have no idea what this film is going to be about, but the trailer does establish tone. It seems like that this film will be a dark comedy. Inherent Vice has a good cast and with Joaquin Phoenix as the lead I am sure this will get some Oscar buzz. I don't think I will be seeing this one in theaters. 





December 17th

The Hobbit The Battle of the Five Armies


Jay's Thoughts: This is a no-brainer. I love the J.R.R. Tolkien books and the Lord Of the Rings and Hobbit movies to date so I will be seeing this.




December 19th


Night At The Museum: Secret Of The Tomb


Kat's Thoughts: How many Night of the Museum movies have their been now? I've never seen Night at the Museum and with this trailer the film still doesn't attract me. But I do think that this movie will get some buzz with this being one of Robin Williams' last performances.



Annie



Kat's Thoughts: I don't mind seeing an Annie remake. This is a story that is suppose to be retold and revamped. It has had dozens of theater productions, and I think it's time for Annie's story to be retold on the big screen. I don't know if this will do well in the box office, but this can be a feel good movie people are looking for in December. 




December 25th

Into The Woods




Kat's Thoughts: This is my most anticipated movie for December! I have never seen the Broadway show, but I've heard the story is wonderful. This film has an all star cast, which includes Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, and Anna Kendrick. The costumes and visuals look amazing! What more can you ask for? This will be a fun film for the holidays!  



Unbroken



Jay's Thoughts: This is one of those true stories of inspiration. I am not sire if I will see it. I like these inspirational true stories, but this seems like an overkill one. If I see it it will be DVD/Netflix/Cable.



The Interview



Kat's Thoughts: This looks like a really fun and totally controversial movie. James Franco and Seth Rogan play off each other well. I will be seeing this in theaters. Its been a while since I have seen a good comedy in theaters. 



Big Eyes



Kat's Thoughts: Amy Adams plays a painter who wants to sell her paintings to the public. Her husband puts his name on her paintings and she never gets the credit for her work. The film has an interesting premise and I am going to try and see this in theaters. I have a feeling that this may get some Oscar buzz! The only negative is Amy Adams. She wouldn't be my first choice for this role, but I can't judge her performance until I see the film.





Let us know in the comments what you think of this At the Movies with Jay and Kat December 2014 Movies "Broadway Takes Center Stage"  and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!


No comments:

Post a Comment