Thursday, December 25, 2014

The 12 Days Of Media Mad-Mas: 12th Day - If Only In My Dreams!


Every week Kat and I do the Media ((((Madness)))) Vidcast, and we are always asked about music, but music if very genre specific, except Christmas music! So I thought I would do an article a day, for 12 days on some of my favorite Christmas songs, but it didn't seem enough, so I thought I would go full Media  ((((Madness)))) on it and explore some of my favorite Christmas Songs, Movies, TV Episodes, and Animated Specials! Each day from now until Christmas I will be sharing some of my favorites, some will be fun, some will be classic, and some days will be sentimental. Also keep an eye out for Chibi Jay, and enjoy The 12 Days Of Media Mad-Mas: 12th Day - If Only In My Dreams!

For the The 12th Day of Media Mad-Mas I went with the big man himself! I am also sharing the most heart-hitting Christmas Song for me. I hope you enjoy my picks today and have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!


I'll Be Home For Christmas

This song may be my favorite song because it really hits home. I don't get emotional with songs, movies, shows, but this one does touch on the heart. I love this song so much that I don't even have a prefer artist for it. I chose this video because my one nephew is away this year serving overseas, his first time not being with us, and I always loved those news stories where families get surprised by their loved one coming home. I hope everyone enjoys this and take a moment for those who can't make it home this year.




Miracle On 34th Street

This is a true classic. I love Miracle on 34th Street, and movies like it, the ones where no one believes in Santa, but one person despite everything, and in the end we find out that there is a Santa. I am including the original version and the 1994 remake. I always watch both, both are equally good, but if I had to choose I'd have to go with the original.





Beverly Hills 90210 – Season 2 –  Episode 18 –  A Walsh Family Christmas
Bonus
Beverly Hills 90210 – Season 2 – Episode 17 –  Chuckie's Back

Here is where the themes converge. I am giving the bonus episode because it sets up the actual Christmas Episode. Steve finds out he is adopted and during Christmas break decides to go find his real mom. On Christmas Cindy longs for the White Christmas and big family gatherings she had back home, and thanks to the kindness of the Walsh's, some Christmas Spirit, goodwill towards men, and good old Saint Nick himself Cindy and the rest of the 90210 family have the perfect Christmas.






The Town Santa Forgot

This is a great animated special. The story is told in verse by a Grandfather to his Grandchildren who couldn't be worse. They waited Santa to get there in his sleigh because of the toys they want for Christmas Day. He tells them the story of a boy named Jeremy Creek, who had tons of toys, but wanted more out of greed. He wrote a list with every toy imagined written down. The list was son long Santa thought it was for a whole town. A town he had forgot, because Jeremy Creek was not on his route. Jeremy learned a great lesson that year, that it is better to share. Santa rewarded Jeremy in a very profound way that at the end we find out still lasts today.










Let us know in the comments what you think of The 12 Days Of Media Mad-Mas: 12th Day - If Only In My Dreams! and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment