Sunday, December 14, 2014

The 12 Days Of Media Mad-Mas: 1st Day - We Need A Little Mad-Mas


Every week Kat and I do the Media ((((Madness)))) Vidcast, and we are always asked about music, but music if very genre specific, except Christmas music! So I thought I would do an article a day, for 12 days on some of my favorite Christmas songs, but it didn't seem enough, so I thought I would go full Media  ((((Madness)))) on it and explore some of my favorite Christmas Songs, Movies, TV Episodes, and Animated Specials! Each day from now until Christmas I will be sharing some of my favorites, some will be fun, some will be classic, and some days will be sentimental. Also keep an eye out for Chibi Jay, and enjoy The 12 Days Of Media Mad-Mas: 1st Day - We Need A Little Mad-Mas!

For the 1st Day of Media Mad-Mas I wanted to really kick it up with some of the most upbeat picks that spark that Christmas spirit in you! These selections are things that always have me smiling and signals the beginning of the Christmas season. I was lucky enough to be able to post the full TV Episode and the Animated Special for today so everyone can fully get my love for them. I hope everyone enjoys them as much as I do!


We Need A Little Christmas – Glee Cast 

I love this song to get me going into the Christmas spirit, I challenge anyone to hear this song and not feel the Christmas Spirit, smile and get into Christmas. Normally I go with the original, or a version I think surpasses it and I think the Glee Cast does surpass Angela Landsbury in this case, but my ultimate version, the one I think of most is featured in my TV Special pick today!



The Santa Clause 

This has become a modern classic for me. I watch the movie every year now and you can watch what both Kat and I think of the movie as we do the commentary for the movie on the Media ((((Madness)))) Vidcast 25!




Facts Of Life Season 6 – Christmas In The Big House

The girls are all preparing to head home for the holidays when Ms. Garrett reminds them not to forget the true meaning of the Season and Blaire says her and her friends are putting on a show for some young boy’s at the Nickleby House, which turns out to be a big boy’s house; jail. Her friends all back out and she plans to but Jo’s father spent years in jail which makes Jo think of him being in there for the Holidays and convinces everyone to go. They all put on a show for the inmates except Blaire until the end when she sings “I’ll Be Home For Christmas.” I spoke about this episode on the last few episodes of Media ((((Madness)))).




The Smurfs Christmas Special 

This was one of my favorite animated specials growing up, and it still is today. I would drive everyone absolutely nuts sings Goodness Makes The Badness Go Away. I actually still like singing it it takes me back to the innocence of the season.




Let us know in the comments what you think of The 12 Days Of Media Mad-Mas: 1st Day - We Need A Little Mad-Mas  and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Kat! I am really glad that you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice. I definitely felt the holiday spirit. I'll be checking it out again soon.

    ReplyDelete