Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The 12 Days Of Media Mad-Mas: 4th Day - There Must Have Been Some Magic....


Every week Kat and I do the Media ((((Madness)))) Vidcast, and we are always asked about music, but music if very genre specific, except Christmas music! So I thought I would do an article a day, for 12 days on some of my favorite Christmas songs, but it didn't seem enough, so I thought I would go full Media  ((((Madness)))) on it and explore some of my favorite Christmas Songs, Movies, TV Episodes, and Animated Specials! Each day from now until Christmas I will be sharing some of my favorites, some will be fun, some will be classic, and some days will be sentimental. Also keep an eye out for Chibi Jay, and enjoy The 12 Days Of Media Mad-Mas: 4th Day - There Must Have Been Some Magic....!

Today's selections at first may appear to be tied together by snowmen, but when you get to the TV Episode you see that I connect them more to the joy and magic of Christmas. I hope that while you watch them you get a little bit of that Christmas magic yourself.


Frosty The Snowman – Jimmy Durante

This song has been done by a lot of singers, but to me the true version has always been the one from the animated special as song by Jimmy Durante. Like Rudolph this really kicks off the Christmas season for me. I also have to watch it when it airs on TV something special about it commercials and all it transports you back to that time when you were a kid.



Jack Frost

I was never a huge fan of this movie, I always enjoyed it but never sought it out or made it a must watch until I lost my father. I always watch Christmas movies and TV episodes/specials but I haven't seen this one in about 3 years and then late one night I couldn't sleep so I decided to channel surf and watch a Christmas movie and this movie was on. I really saw this movie on a whole other level and felt my dad with me. This is now a must see movie for me ever since.



Reba – Season 2 – Episode 10 – Cookies For Santa

How can you not love Reba? Then add in Christmas and one of my favorite elements of a Christmas special, the notion that Santa is real. Not to mention I can not put tinsel on a tree now without having a tinsel fight LOL.



Frosty The Snowman

Like I said in the song portion this kicks off the Christmas season for me. I love the movie, I love the song, I love Frosty. Who as a kid didn't build a snowman and hoped he'd come to life? I think another reason why this movie is big to me is that the first time I ever remember seeing it was on my birthday and as a little kid I swore he was wishing me a Happy Birthday!


Let us know in the comments what you think of The 12 Days Of Media Mad-Mas: 4th Day - There Must Have Been Some Magic....! and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment