Thursday, December 18, 2014

The 12 Days Of Media Mad-Mas: 5th Day - T'Was The Night Before Mad-Mas!


Every week Kat and I do the Media ((((Madness)))) Vidcast, and we are always asked about music, but music if very genre specific, except Christmas music! So I thought I would do an article a day, for 12 days on some of my favorite Christmas songs, but it didn't seem enough, so I thought I would go full Media  ((((Madness)))) on it and explore some of my favorite Christmas Songs, Movies, TV Episodes, and Animated Specials! Each day from now until Christmas I will be sharing some of my favorites, some will be fun, some will be classic, and some days will be sentimental. Also keep an eye out for Chibi Jay, and enjoy The 12 Days Of Media Mad-Mas: 5th Day - T'Was The Night Before Mad-Mas!

For the 5th Day of Media Mad-Mas I decided to tie it into our last Media Madness of the season and have show you both episodes we are going to watch on the show tonight. I hope you enjoy my picks today!



Deck The Halls – Disney Sing Along 

This song is really fun to sing. I love seeing people sing this song and how they play around with it. Also it ties into the Lois and Clark episode! I chose the Disney Sing-Along version because it shows the lyrics, has a fun scene from the movie, and it is more traditional.




Unlikely Angel

This may not be a modern classic but it is a good movie that I love watching every year. Dolly Parton plays a country singer who dies, and goes to heaven but is told that she is 50/50 she never did anything to bad or too good but everything was for her. To get into heaven she is sent to help a family reconnect for the holiday and she can't let anyone know why she is doing. During it she learns a few lessons herself and makes it big time! This movie is on  Hulu  and is pretty good.



Lois And Clark: The New Adventures Of Superman
Season 4 – Episode 11 
T'Was The Night Before Mxymas
And Bonus Episode
Smallville Season 7 – Episode 09
Gemini

I love the Lois and Clark Episode. It is nothing really big or fancy, but Howie Mandel Plays Mxyzptlk and in my opinion is the best live-action version of the character. He has just the right amount of sinister and silliness. Throw in a little Groundhog's Day fun and you start to get why I love it. But the real reason is magic again. In this episode Superman's hope for the world despite everyone else losing it is enough to give Lois hope and together they defeat Mxyzptlk. This episode show how inspiring Superman is as a symbol of hope and how strong the Lois and Clark bind truly is!








Justice League – Season 2 – Episode 10 – Comfort And Joy 

The Justice League save a planet as Christmas nears. Afterwards they all split and we see how they spend it. Green Lantern and Hawkgirl start by having fun in the snow on the planet, like John did as a kid, they Hawkgirl takes him to a planet where they get into a bar fight like she did on her planet after a victory. The Flash visits an orphanage where he always gives them the one present they really want and this year it is a rapping duck, but runs across the Ultra Humanite who discovers some Christmas Spirit himself. But the real reason I love this is that Clark brings J'onn home to Smallville for the holidays and we see the Martian Manhunter really seeing the magic of Christmas, and that deep down even Superman believes!




Let us know in the comments what you think of The 12 Days Of Media Mad-Mas: 5th Day - T'Was The Night Before Mad-Mas! and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

1 comment:

  1. Superman and Christmas do go well together. I remember I came on here earlier in the week, I was feeling a little blue. I heard the Glee "We need a little Christmas" and I did feel a lot better. You really do have your finger on the pulse of what Christmas is all about Jay. Thanks for sharing that message & Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete