Sunday, December 21, 2014

The 12 Days Of Media Mad-Mas: 8th Day - Every Time A Bell Rings An Angel Gets Its Wings


Every week Kat and I do the Media ((((Madness)))) Vidcast, and we are always asked about music, but music if very genre specific, except Christmas music! So I thought I would do an article a day, for 12 days on some of my favorite Christmas songs, but it didn't seem enough, so I thought I would go full Media  ((((Madness)))) on it and explore some of my favorite Christmas Songs, Movies, TV Episodes, and Animated Specials! Each day from now until Christmas I will be sharing some of my favorites, some will be fun, some will be classic, and some days will be sentimental. Also keep an eye out for Chibi Jay, and enjoy The 12 Days Of Media Mad-Mas: 8th Day - Every Time A Bell Rings An Angel Gets Its Wings!

For the past week I have said in the opening paragraph that some of these will be sentimental so for The 8th Day of Media Mad-Mas I decided to make this one fit that role. I am very tradition-driven, I love traditions and for Christmas a lot of my traditions are based around today, my birthday. This day is filled with traditions from putting up my tree, to music, movies TV, everything about today is driven by it and holds a very special meaning to me. I hope you enjoy my picks today!


The Most Wonderful Day Of The Year – Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer 

This song is a classic sure and hold plenty of childhood memories, but this started when I was 21. I had to work earlier that day and went to my parents house for my traditional birthday dinner, I sat on a rocking recliner with my headphones on eyes closed lip-syncing to the song and when it was over I opened my eyes to see that my dad was recording me as my mom laughed. After they had a big surprise birthday party for me, but ever since then I will make sure I listen to this song on my birthday, but didn't close my eyes so I wouldn't be recorded. But after my dad passed I started closing my eyes again just for him.



It's A Wonderful Life

Not only is this a timeless seasonal classic and the best Christmas movie ever, but it is also my favorite movie ever period. The first time I ever saw this movie was on my 13th birthday. A few months prior my grandmother passed away and I was a bit depressed thought with her all the joy of Christmas would go, all our traditions and how nothing mattered anymore that my birthday didn't. Then I saw this movie on TV and decided to watch it, and something clicked. I got the meaning of the movie and realized that she made a difference and would live on. So now every year I refuse to watch this movie until my birthday where I set aside time that no matter what happens, where I am, what I am doing I take the time and watch the movie and remember those I lost, those I have, and that no matter how bad things are or how small you feel everyone and everything matters.



Gilmore Girls – Season 1 – Episode 10 – Forgiveness And Stuff
Bonus Episode
Gilmore Girls – Season 5 – Episode 11 – Women Of Questionable Morals

I have said it before but my dad and I were like the gender sway of the Gilmore Girls, we were father and son and best friends, talked fast, had inside jokes and got each other without vocally communicating. I really like this episode because it shows what you go through when you think you may lose your parent. But it is also uplifting in a comforting way. This is also where Luke got his infamous blue hat. Now as for the bonus episode, no it's not a Christmas episode but it is a great fun winter episode. Lorelai loves the snow, but here her and snow have a fight that cracks me up every time I see it.








Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer

This is a classic for me. It started out as a silly song was turned into a silly animated movie that I watch every year while I decorate my tree. This was always one of my dad's favorite Christmas songs so when I saw they made a movie of it I bought it for him. We cracked up watching it and had a blast doing it every year after!



Let us know in the comments what you think of The 12 Days Of Media Mad-Mas: 8th Day - Every Time A Bell Rings An Angel Gets Its Wings! and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment