Sunday, April 26, 2015

At The Movies With Jay And Kat: May 2015 "Ultron Is Pulling Our Strings"


Kat and Jay are both TV/Movie junkies, and wanted to team up on a feature every month to share their thoughts on upcoming movies. Check out Kat and Jay's thoughts on the key movies coming out in May. May has some big movies coming out like Avengers Age of UltronTomorrowland, and Pitch Perfect 2.

May 1st

Avengers: Age of Ultron



Kat's Thoughts: This is not just one of my most anticipated movies of the month, but it's my most anticipated movie for the year. It was great to see all of our favorite Marvel heroes together in the first Avengers movie, but this sequel seems darker and more story driven, which I think the first film was lacking. I can't wait to see what surprises Whedon has in store for us. This includes seeing Ultron as a villain and the introduction of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch into the MCU


Jay's Thoughts: This movie looks like it will be much better than Avengers because it seems more story and character driven where the first one. I am actually going to see this today as an advance viewing, so you can expect a review of it from me.



May 8th

Hot Pursuit

  
Kat's Thoughts: I saw the trailer for the film when it was first released and I think this can be a potentially funny movie. It looks like Sofia Vergara and Reese Witherspoon have good comedic chemistry with each other. But I can also see this movie being a failure with Vergara playing the same character she always plays and it being too similar to The Heat. But I am going to try and see this in the theater.   



Before I Wake




Jay's Thoughts: This looks like a good thriller. I think this is one I will go to see because the premise looks so interesting. Plus who doesn't enjoy creepy kids in horrors?



May 15th


Mad Max: Fury Road


Jay's Thoughts: I seen the original 3 Mad Max movies with Mel Gibson and they never really thrilled me. I enjoyed them but not on the level I know a lot of people do, and this is the first movie in a few decades. But I know plenty of people who love these movies. I will most likely wait until it is on DVD or something.



Pitch Perfect 2



Kat's Thoughts: I really liked the music from the first Pitch Perfect, but overall didn't really like the movie itself. When I sat down to watch it I actually didn't finish. So I might listen to soundtrack of Pitch Perfect 2, but skip the movie.  



May 22nd


Tomorrowland



Kat's Thoughts: This is another movie I have been really anticipating to watch this year. As you guys know I a huge Disney nerd and this year at New York Comic Con I had the opportunity to attend the Disney Big Hero 6 and Tomorrowland panel, where we saw some clips that still haven't been released. Also George Clooney made a surprise appearance at the panel! From what I have seen and from what the cast has been keeping underwraps this movie looks like it's going to be a fun ride. I trust Brad Bird to give us an amazing film! 



Spy




Jay's Thoughts: This looks like one of those movies that are just stupid funny. I don't know if I will go see this in the theaters right away or not. Melissa McCarthy looks hilarious here, but nothing has really compared to her in Bridesmaids or Gilmore Girls for me yet. I also think Jason Statham in a comedic role seems fun.


May 29th

San Andreas 3D


Jay's Thoughts: I think this is something that I have heard about my whole life, but not to this degree. California will have a huge earthquake and be destroyed by the quake and the tides. I don't see anything though that makes me say wow I need to see this movie. I will most likely wait for a DVD release of it.


Aloha



Kat's Thoughts: I just recently heard of this movie, but I have to say I am pretty excited to watch it. Love the casting with Bradley Cooper and Emma Stone and I am all for a good war drama. I am going to try and see this in theaters. 

Jay's Thoughts: I like the trailer it has me interested in seeing this movie. I think the chemistry with the characters all look great. The scenes all seem to pop in the trailer. Plus it has Bradley Cooper the hometown boy as a Philly guy I have to support him.



Barely Lethal


 
Kat's Thoughts: I have a feeling that this is going to be my guilty pleasure movie for May. It looks like a lot of fun with a trained teenage assassin who just wants a normal life. Yes this has been done so many times in the past, but I still can't get enough of it.   

Jay's Thoughts: I like this premise and will be checking it out. Looks like a new spin on the "New Girl" movies.




Let us know in the comments what you think of this At the Movies with Jay and KatMay 2015 "Ultron Is Pulling Our Strings"  and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment