Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Dark Avenger's Top Picks For November 18, 2015

Top Picks for November 18, 2015
By Chris Ventura

Another pretty packed week for books, but my Top Picks are finally back to below 10 books. Not saying at all that the Other Books to Consider aren’t books I’m interested and reading as well. As a matter of fact that list is still pretty long. Marvel is still piling out those numbers one’s and continuing forward with the series that are already in swing, best advice I can give here is look through the books your interested in and say to yourself is this worth 4 or 6 dollars and will I come away enjoying it. DC this is a pretty life as usual week, not much out of the ordinary. With the independents for me every week has something special. So why waste anymore time chatting let’s get to the tops.


Top Picks:



BATMAN AND ROBIN ETERNAL #7
-This series is still amazing almost two months later. The art and story are being done really well, this story proves DC should only do ONE weekly at a time so they can put their full focus into it. Mother definitely has the potential to be a very powerful villain for the Bat family and Dick in this series.



TITANS HUNT #2
-A series I wasn’t planning on reading but now I doubt I will be able to put down. So some of the original Titans may have memories from the previous DCU, or some time and place. The mystery is what brings you in and then the story is what keeps you, the art DEFINITELY helps as well.



INVINCIBLE #125
-The reboot arc continues as Mark faces off against his father. Knowing what is about to happen will Mark choose to change history…or let thing play out as they did before. I’m loving this story arc and can’t wait to get my hands on this issue. DEFINITELY NOT JUMP ON FRIENDLY, I’d recommend going back and starting from a few story arcs back.



VOLTRON FROM THE ASHES #3
-I’m really loving this series, 100’s of years after the original Voltron Force has left a new team emerges. With the robobeasts back it’s up to Voltron to once again rise. I’ve really been enjoying this series the art is really nice and the story is gripping. Definitely something for Voltron fans to check out.




STAR WARS: VADER DOWN #1
-The big Star Wars comic even of the year begins here. I’m really excited to see where this crossover event goes. Star Wars has been a solid read for me, I haven’t read much of Darth Vader but for the next few months I guess I will be. This even crosses over into Darth Vader and the main Star Wars books.



SPIDER-WOMAN #1
-A pregnant Jessica Drew, a whole new chapter of her life is about to unfold. This definitely has potential but I don't really know until I see where issue one goes. I’m hopeful it will be good but as I learned with one of the books from last weeks Top Picks  sometimes I gotta read the book before I can recommend it so, if you’re a Spider-Woman fan give it a check out.



EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #2
-I really enjoyed issue one! Old Man Logan was found at the end of the last issue, I’m really excited to see where the series goes from here. Ramos’s art work is amazing with this book and it definitely has potential to be a really great X-title. Definitely worth a check out.



BLACK KNIGHT #1
-I’ve never read Black Knight before so this is my intro to the series. Since its announcement I’ve been intrigued by this book. Story looks promising,  now let’s see if the wait was worth it.


Other books to consider:
  • ACTION COMICS #46
  • BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHT GENESIS #4
  • BATMAN EUROPA #1
  • SECRET SIX #8
  • TITANS HUNT #2
  • ASTONISHING ANT-MAN #2
  • DEADPOOL #2
  • MIGHTY THOR #1
  • MS MARVEL #1
  • NEW AVENGERS #3
  • STAR WARS #12
  • UNCANNY INHUMANS #2
  • ROBYN HOOD HOLIDAY SPECIAL 2015
  • HACKTIVIST VOL 2 #5
  • WRATH OF THE ETERNAL WARRIOR #1


Kiddie Corner:
  • MY LITTLE PONY FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC #36
  • MARVEL UNIVERSE AVENGERS ASSEMBLE SEASON TWO #13
  • FUTURAMA COMICS #77
  • SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #278


Related Links:



Let us know in the comments here and check out Dark Avenger C86 what you think of The Dark Avenger's Top Picks and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment