Sunday, January 10, 2016

Kat's Pull List for 1/13/16 "Go Go Power Rangers!"






Kat talks about all the comics she is getting this week. Check out what Kat is excited for in this week's pull list.



Boom Studios

 
The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #0
This is one of my most anticipated books going into 2016! It's no secret that I love Power Rangers and all the cheese wiz that comes along with the franchise, but for years I have been longing for a more mature Power Rangers. I think this book, written by Kyle Higgins, may be the modern style Power Rangers I have been looking for.  

 
Rowan's Ruins #4
The last part to a very under the radar mini series. Rowan's Ruins really hit all the right notes for me as a fan of the horror genre. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129)   

Dark Horse

 
Mirrors Edge Exordium #5
As I have stated in my reviews and previous entries of my pull list articles, I like the action for this series, but the story could use some work. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129) 

DC Comics

 
Batman and Robin Etneral #15
This weekly series has lost some momentum for me. Hopefully it picks up. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129) 

 
Batman/Superman #28
I am really excited for this arc of Batman/Superman because Tom Taylor is writing it. I love Taylor's work and I especially love how he writes scenes with Batman and Superman. We have seen him write them as enemies in Injustice Gods Among Us. It will be interesting to see him now write them as friends. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129)

 
Earth 2 Society #8
Supposedly Earth 2 is going in a new direction, let's hope it can improve this suffering series. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129)

 
Green Lantern Edge of Oblivion #1
I really haven't liked the direction for the Green Lantern comics, but I am excited to pick up this new mini series because like I stated before I am a big fan of Tom Taylor's writing. If anyone can make a series improve it's him. He did the same with Earth 2.   

 
Legend of Wonder Woman #1
I am a sucker for a good origin stories! Even origin stories that have been told a million times like Batman and Superman. Now with Wonder Woman I don't think her origin story has been told enough. She is a character with multiple origin stories. I am interested to see what take they will have on her origins in this series.   

 
Robin War #2
I haven't been loving this story arc, but interested enough to see how it ends.   

 
Starfire #8
Starfire was my favorite DC title in 2015, hope to see that continue in 2016. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129)  

 
Superman American Alien #3
Issue 1 and 2 were both my pick of the week. Let's see if the streak continues.    

Image

 
Birthright #13
As I say every week this title comes out, Birthright is a bit of a slow burn but still an interesting title to read. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129)  

 
Huck #3
This has quickly become one of my favorite new titles! Can't wait to see how Huck helps someone next. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129)  

 
The Violent #2
Issue 1 was my pick of the week because of it's grounded and realistic storytelling. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129)

Marvel

 
Agents of Shield #1
Interested to see the new direction for this series with All New All Different Marvel. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129) 

 
All New All Different Avengers #3
I want to like this series more than I do. Let's hope the series improves. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129)  

 
All New Hawkeye #3 
This series has been pretty bland for me. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129) 

 
All New X-Men #3
This is the X-men team title I am enjoying the most so far, but still not blowing me away. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129) 

 
All New Wolverine #3
This is the week of Tom Taylor! I am really enjoying this book and excited to see where it goes. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129) 

 
Extraordinary X-men #5
Another lackluster X-men book, but I am interested to see what is happening with Cyclops. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129) 

 
Guardians of the Galaxy #4
This is a book that I wish came out bi-weekly. I want more! (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129) 

 
The Mighty Thor #3
This is a book I get excited about every week it comes out. I love Jane Foster as Thor!   

 
Secret Wars #9
FINALLY IT'S ENDING! 

 
Silk #3
Last issue left us with a bit of a cliffhanger, Peter confronts Cindy about her villainous doings. Should be interesting to see how they pick this story up. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129) 

 
Web Warriors #3
This is a book not enough people are talking about. Web Warriors has a fun team with an interesting plot. I can't say this about all of the All New All Different Marvel team books. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129) 

Titan

 
The Troop #2
I liked the first issue of Troop. It had an interesting group of characters. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129) 

Vertigo

 
New Romancer #2
I didn't love the first issue, but I still think the series has an interesting premise. I am going to give the series an honest shot. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129) 

Zenescope

 
Inferno Ressurection #1
Inferno was technically my first Zenescope comic book. I read the series way back before I even knew who Zenescope was. It was a no brainer for me to pick up the first issue of this mini series. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129) 

 
Grimm Fairy Tales #118
Zenescope's flag ship series is the book I look forward to reading every month. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 129)  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment