Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Mimi's Rapid Fire Reviews For: X-Men #2, The Punisher #3, Kingpin #1 and more!

Hi world, my name's Mimi Schweid and here's my reviews for Captain America Sam Wilson #11, Green Arrow #2,  Civil War 2 Kingpin #1, Daredevil/The Punisher#3, The Punisher #3, Spider Woman #9 and Robyn Hood I Love NY #1

Captain America Sam Wilson #11

Ouch, Sam's got a lot on his plate and I feel really bad. The past two issues have done a really good job showing how the heroes are dealing with Rhodey's death.

Now, issue 10 gave us Rhodey's funeral in Sam's book. This one didn't exactly give us a time but we are seeing the immediate affects of Rage being around.  Sam's current problem at hand, next to the whole Tony VS Carol VS InHumans VS Mutant's situation is the Americops which are really fucking shit up. The Americops are being what cops have presently been. Profiling etc. I enjoy Sam's series, I enjoy that we see the weight of the world on his shoulders, all of the guilt etc. It always leads to really good speeches and monologues. I'm also really happy that Sam is still pissed at Tony for how he's being.


  • What I liked most: Sam's attempted video moment.
  • What I disliked most:  Rage.
  • Rating: 4.5  out of 5
  • Favorite quote:  
No body wants to hear from Uncle Iron Man, with great power, comes great parties.
Kingpin #1

I was pleasantly surprised by this issue! Wilson Fisk is a character that I've dealt with now since Daredevil season 1. I've read him in a few other Daredevil comics but this was the first solo comic of his that I've read and damn was it good. I loved the art (shout out to Ricardo Lopez Oritz WHO ALSO DOES WOLF!) and the sass and over all anger over everything was done so well.

I really enjoyed how they showed Wilson's side to everything that's going on with Civil War 2 with the InHumans/Mutants/-Men  etc. His side of the events is an interesting side. I thoroughly enjoyed this issue and I really wish I didn't only because of money. Nevertheless, I'm totally going to keep up with this series just to see how it plays out.


  • What I liked most: The art to be honest, it was so pretty.
  • What I disliked most: I'm going to go with Sam sadly. 
  • Rating:  5 out of 5
  • Favorite quote:  
There he is! I need a grande black coffee to go.Grande?It means large.
Daredevil/The Punisher #3
FRANK AND MATT, SITTING IN A TRUCK, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. Kidding, kidding, they shot at each other and things got violent like always but that's how it was in my head. ANYWAYS, Frank and Blindspot road the subway with Antov while this new guy in the Crimson Dynamo costume came swooping in to retrieve Antov.

This series is freaking 4.99 a pop and in the past three months I've read it, I've thoroughly enjoyed each issue.  Frank and Matt are both just written so well, the same for Blindspot. I'm really enjoying the team that's working on this series and I can't wait to see how it all plays out as the months go on. I'm very happy Matt has his Billy Club back, can't wait to see him kick some ass again with issue 4.
  • What I liked most: Matt running off to get Frank.
  • What I disliked most:  Antov, stupid asshole.
  • Rating: 4.5  out of 5
  • Favorite quote:  
Hanging around. I can't believe I just said that. That's terrible. 

The Punisher #3
Damn Frank, kill all the drug lords ASAP and save the adorable child all in a matter of pages. GOD I LOVE THIS.

Frank Castle is not an easy character to love but here I am, in love with Frank Castle thanks to Daredevil season 2 and just how beautifully done the team writes him in this Punisher series. I love all of the covers for this series, they are all so unique and so bloody.

I'm very excited to see the D.E.A. Agents and Frank come face to face as the drug smuggling horrible human beings plot lines intertwine. I think it will be yet another amazing fight scene and I already want to applaud the writers and artists for what's to come along with what has already been accomplished.


  • What I liked most: Frank VS The Dad
  • What I disliked most:  FACE NO, STOP
  • Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Favorite quote:  
I'm Juniper. Do you like dinosaurs?Sure.
Spider Woman #9 

Jessica Drew is a badass bitch that doesn't want to be apart of Civil War 2. Thank's Jess for thinking it's as stupid as I do.

This was an issue that was cute, fun and very enjoyable for me. I loved her lil snow Spider-Woman snow suit thing she had. Also thrilled at her over all attitude of the whole situation and can't wait to see how it plays out in issue 10!

All Jessica wanted to do this issue was deal with some Wendigo crap and Carol was not here for that shit either. SO our ladies fought for a bit while also saving some Canadian's and generally being awesome. End result? Me, being a very pleased reader with my purchase.


  • What I liked most: Jessica trying to stop everyone from eating the meat.
  • What I disliked most:  CAROL, GIRL CALM DOWN.
  • Rating:  5 out of 5
  • Favorite quote:  
Meat! Is! Murder! That sandwich had a face one day, lady!
Green Arrow #2

DIGGLE!!!!!!!! 

FEELS, FEELS EVERYWHERE. This was actually a really good issue and I'm 100% pumped for issue 3. I've really enjoyed how the team has written Oliver and his supporting character's. The art is just so freaking cool in this comic.

I'm all for Dinah going off to find and save Oliver's ass, it'll be super dramatic when Oliver and Dinah reunite. I'm all for this we've broken Oliver down and now we get to watch him get built back up. This should be really fun to see play out. I'm really always up to characters getting broken down and build themselves back up.

Henry has been a cool character and I hope he lasts in this series. I enjoy his dynamic with Oliver and just Oliver's douche bag CEO guy. I know I keep on saying it but I'm really excited for all of this. Oliver's going to totally shoot that guy in the face. 
  • What I liked most: Oliver's dream sequences!
  • What I disliked most: The weird kind of skip from Puget Sound to Seattle but that's just me.
  • Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Favorite quote:  
Damn it, Diggle!
X-Men #2

Alright, it's no secret at this point how I feel about the whole Civil War 2 plot line. I'm all for this InHumans VS Mutant's stuff, this stuff I can get behind. It makes sense for them to be fighting.  

This issue had Carol, Storm & the rest of Carol's gang wondering what exactly Magneto would be doing since he knows about Ulysses. Carol is convinced he is still a villain and should be treated as such, Storm isn't so convinced. I'm enjoying where this is going and am excited to see how the rest of X-Men Civil War 2 plays out. I bought the first issue on a limb but now I'm invested because I'm getting more of Psylocke, Nightcrawler and Storm. Which is really all I want in life in the X-Men verse so yeah.

If you are a fan of the X-Men movie verse, you could easily read these comics like I have. It's basically all of the major players from previous movies and Sabretooth so yeah. 
  • What I liked most: Magnetno being prepared AF.
  • What I disliked most: BETSY NO.
  • Rating:  4.5 out of 5
  • Favorite quote:  
Honestly, I never expected you to drop your gun after that little Love Tap. Your fingers must be more delicate than they look.
My Rankings for the Week

  1. Kingpin #1
  2. Daredevil/The Punisher #3
  3. Spider Woman #9
  4. Green Arrow #2
  5. The Punisher #3
  6. Captain America Sam Wilson #11 
  7. X-Men 2





Let us know in the comments what you think of this Comic Frontline article, and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment