Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Bravo's Weekly Anime Lineup #18



This week's anime screenshot is Kemono Friends! 

Last week we had a lot of awesome episodes! Some not as good ones but mostly pretty enjoyable! I hope this week will be the same and so let's get right into it! So as always make sure you're caught up so you don't get any spoilers and enjoy what this week's article has to offer you guys!


January 24th, Tuesday:

Nobunaga No Shinobi:

This was funny. Hanbei did tell that guy to take things seriously. They defeated him pretty easily. I'm surprised by who appeared at the end, I completely forgot about Chidori's father figure. The episode with him may be depressing! Still, I liked this episode, it made me miss Hanbei though. 

ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka:

Good god. Why is this show so quiet and slow. Either way, the main characters pretty screwed. The new king wants to destroy ACCA but ACCA may be corrupt on the inside as well. What the heck do you do in a situation like that? The episode made me hungry though I'll give it that. Those sweets looked amazing! I sense a kidnapping plot with the girl the royal guy is interested in, though. Oh boy. 

Hand Shakers:

So the new pair fighting Koyori and...I honestly forgot the main characters name are an interesting pair. I hate when anime makes a short child like looking character and then do the thing where they are like "But she's actually 30!" or some crap like that. It makes the character so cringy and to a degree sleazy to me. Thankfully it wasn't really sleazy in this show but I enjoy these 2 characters together at least! 

They have a very interesting dynamic and I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of it goes. It was also kind of a bad move to make Koyori able to be separate from the main character for 15 minutes. That takes a lot of tension the show had away. Either way, I don't care that most people hate this show I kind of enjoy it, I have to admit this episode was not the best this show had, not even close. Still, it was kind of fun to watch despite two big pet peeves being the center of it. 

Kemono Friends:

This was really cute and funny! We basically went up to a mountain and high places. I love the bird character even though she's kind of noisy and has an annoying voice. I love the alpaca girl as well and she was cute as well! Those two other girls are looking for the main characters. It probably isn't even nefarious but I like how they tried to make it vaguely menacing. 

Nanbaka (2017):

Another setup episode! It was a very serious and sad one, though. The thing with Rock and him fighting the other inmates was sad. Especially with the main character so willing to blame himself. I'm honestly much more excited for the next episode. When I saw the preview it looked really epic and cool! This one was a lot more talking and building tension! Still, I enjoyed it, I'm just more excited for the drama coming to a peek next time! 

January 25th, Wednesday:

Akiba's Trip The Animation:

This episode centered around a new scientist girl that our old scientist girl knew back in the day. She screws with them using a radio tower the main character introduced everybody to. It was typical of this show and there was some fanservice. The one nice thing about it was the fact that the bad guy got redeemed later and everybody was buddies again after the fighting. It was OK! I wonder what the next episode will focus on. 

Piace: Watashi no Italian:

The boy that they showed at the end of the last episode appeared. He's flirty and makes desserts. That's his role in the show. I like the more simplicity in this show it makes it charming to me! I love how the two main characters are together and the onion conversation they had was so sweet and charming! This was a good episode I enjoyed it a lot! I can't wait to be introduced to the rest of the cast! 

One Room:

This episode focused on the girl we focused on the last few episodes. She came to cook for the main character as a thank you for helping her study. That's it. That's literally the whole episode thank god it was short. It would be have been so boring had it not been. The most interesting thing that happened was her finding an erotic magazine but then dismissing it with a blush and a "Well your a boy." Not the best from this show. It wasn't awful or anything but it was very eh story wise. 

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon:

This was cute! Two important things happened this time around. The two dragons and the main character move out to a bigger and nicer apartment complex! Seeing the move and the adjustments and such were cute. One of the funnier parts was them debating on who was causing all the noise, I laughed at that. The other thing that happened was a dragon boy and another dragon girl coming around! I love them both and I'm happy we have a boy dragon character! It was funny seeing him play video games! This was great I really liked this episode! 

ChäoS; Child:

This was cool! Thankfully that girl did not die she was just hospitalized! I think the thing that stole my attention was that one dude basically stuffed with those creepy stickers. That entire scene was gross as hell but to be honest that was most likely the intention. When they actually showed his stomach area though I gagged. If they have psychic powers I wonder what they are? I look forward to finding out this was definitely interesting and really cool even if it was gross! I think the main character should still pursue the truth even if it is dangerous! 

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2:

Ok, this was funny. I think this show got a lot funnier in its second season especially now. I laughed particularly hard at the beginning part with Megumin and Aqua rainbow puking. I'm a mature person clearly but the dungeon exploring was pretty cool! I liked the creative more serious twist it had! This was actually really enjoyable and I liked it a lot! I actually look forward to seeing more! 

January 26th, Thursday

Masamune-kun no Revenge:

Of course, Masamune is starting to fall in love with Aki. This time her behavior was somewhat justified but I still don't feel bad for her. She's acting like a victim but she was the one who hurt Masamune! She didn't mention it or say she had any regret for what she did to him! Until then I won't give her character a second chance and Masamune shouldn't either. They seemed to be back to normal by the end of the episode which is good but still, I'd rather see Masamune paired with someone else. 

Marginal#4: Kiss kara Tsukuru Big Bang:

OK, this was actually pretty cool. I cringed when the lucky underwear was brought up again. At least this lucky item was more plausible. This episode was actually more interesting with that prank they played and the devil/angel show thing. The cursed ring, all of it was really cool I got sucked into it! It makes me want to see an OVA that's the show they did. I would love that! This was one of this show's better episodes it was really enjoyable and the colors and animation were really good this time around! I hope the next ones are just as good as this! 

Super Lovers 2:

Ew still. This new guy they threw in that's lurking around the main character, presumably to steal Ren from Haru. Why isn't anyone watching Ren!? He's always getting himself into some crazy nonsense! We haven't seen the new guy without sunglasses but if I had to wager a guess, he's most likely a rival at the place Ren worked where he was making girls crush on him and such. I'm not sure but either way, I'm not looking forward to what's happening next at all. 

All Out!!:

This episode can best be described as adorable. I loved this so much! The coach is nicer now and yes, that is incredibly sudden but I don't care, this is MUCH better. I loved when they were all at the coaches house with his wife and such. I also loved seeing them grab the stuff for the trip and Iwashimizu is so adorable and it shows here! I wonder what his parents are like they must be really sweet! At least I hope so! Either way keeping with this theme will make the next few episodes awesome! I hope they keep this up! 

Kuzu no Honkai:

Honestly guys? I'd rather see Sanae and Hanabi together as a couple. They have much more chemistry then Hanabi and Mugi. Seeing how they became acquainted and such was really sweet and tender. I do wonder if that girl Sanae is jealous of is cheating on her older brother. She has the suspicious character trait, always looking nice and flawless but in reality, has a dark secret would suit her! I look forward to next time for sure! 

January 27th, Friday:

Seiren:

The pacing on this show improved a lot this time! This episode because of that had the best of both worlds. It had the romance scenes and character growth and good timing to keep everything interesting. I'm interested in seeing all these characters after high school. Not a lot of romances do it which puts this show in a unique awesome place! 

The beach scene was so emotional I loved it and the underwater kiss was really nice as well! I love the girl who was on a decency inspection she was adorable! Not so sure about the other girl, though. These next episodes will be cool for sure! I loved this episode! 

Urara Meirochou:

This episode was split up into two parts. The first part was all the girls trapped in a thunderstorm wondering if they have bad luck today because of some omens. That part was cute but was much more of them talking! I liked it anyway though it was very cute. The next more interesting part was moles and what they mean personality wise. It had character development for Nono and Nina. I loved seeing how they were when they were little and how they've grown and changed now! I liked this episode a lot it was very cute and funny! Especially when Saku walked in on them. I know it was supposed to be fanservice but I didn't see it that way. I saw it as a cute intimate moment between characters. 

Youjo Senki:

This episode was good! Instead of focusing on Tanya's past, this time around it seemed to focus on how she's treated by her superiors and other soldiers. How her opinion is held amongst them and such. It was interesting and so strange to see considering Tanya is just a kid! A manipulative evil little kid but a kid regardless! They've thrown a lot of responsibility on her and we shall see the fruits of that and how it works as time goes on. I enjoyed seeing this, it was a very interesting insight into Tanya's character and the world she's a part of! 

Fuuka:

Oh, this was really good! I enjoyed watching this! We got introduced to more of the cast. The drummer is a new character and I loved the gay love triangle joke. A new girl appeared and I liked her a lot even when she was acting more reserved and cold! It was so cute when she realized who she was and changed her mannerisms as well! I love all the characters in this show so much! I'm surprised they got so good in such a short amount of time but I'm happy they bonded and are good together! I'm not too fond of the girl that ran out on the main boy awhile back, though. I think he would be way better with Fuuka or even the new girl than her. Either way, I really enjoyed this a lot! 

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu:

Remember a little while ago when I was wondering how they would drag this out? They managed to by creating some tension that one of the girls may stay in the swimming club instead of the bike club. They had a bike race to determine the winner and even though the main character lost it turned out it was for nothing and she would have stayed with them regardless. The episode was average for this show. Not really particularly special or cute. I was OK with it but you know...eh. 

Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel:

This was kind of cool! We got to see another team and some character development surrounding the girl with the blue hair in the one we've been focusing on. I'm calling the other team angel goths for simplicity and I like their design but not much to say for their personalities. Angel Goths defeated them in battle but the blue haired girl outwitted them using her deductive Sherlock Holmes skills in the end. I liked this well enough, it was fine but still a bit dull. 

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen:

Now, this was really cool! We got to see Rin almost snap again when the white haired girl inevitably betrays but for what she thinks is a good cause. That part was really cool and her powers are really cool. The more interesting part was when Rin almost went demon because he was mad at the way Suguro was treating his Dad. Rin upset is particularly upsetting to me and I'm not 100% sure why but I love seeing how much he's progressed he's such a well-done character! 

I'm excited to see the tension this causes even more! The tension in this is really great! This was awesome and I can't wait until the next episode! 

January 28th, Saturday:

Classicaloid:

This episode was really cute and pretty funny as well! This one had Mozart and Beethoven getting a job so they can get lots of money for Kanae. Now THAT is funny and well done set up right there and it was really funny seeing them cycle through different jobs. I like when they revealed Chopin's extrovert phase and when he saw them in the mountains in that getup! 

In the end, they got the money like they wanted and I'm happy to see it all worked out instead of winding up badly for them! This was just a sweet and cute episode but one that was definitely funny at the same time. It's a small detail but I like that Schubert found a friend in the girl that was bossing Mozart and Beethoven around at the store when they worked there! Definitely one of the best from this show! 

Time Bokan 24:

OK, I'm starting to see a pattern even in this show. That's not good because the unpredictability of this show was part of the small list of things that made it interesting. The only thing I liked about this episode was that it reminded me that Saiyuki is coming back again soon since this was about Sanzo. It was the typical Time Bokan stuff, there isn't even really anything notable to mention. It was almost identical to a bunch of the other ones! Sanzo is actually a performer, the bad guys get on stage and try to ruin everything, pair defeats them and gets true history. That's it. Not a good episode from this at all this week, I honestly just want this to end ASAP! 

BanG Dream!

I'm surprised this show is going to run for so long. Now that I'm looking better it isn't exactly a k-on rip-off. It is different but still kind of bland. Yet at the same time, I still kind of like it. It's really hard to explain. I like the main girl following the blonde around trying to get her to join the club. 

The shyer girl seems like she'll be joining as well but I expected that! I have a feeling the blonde has a tragic backstory or something that would really suit her! I do want to see where this goes and think it will be pretty good! Not at the same intensity of other shows but still this is OK! If you liked K-on I'd recommend this but I think K-on is better even if the two are similar. 

Spiritpact:

Somehow this winded up being boring to me. Even with the intense character developing fight scene towards the end. The villain was introduced or at least what I assume to be the main villain. She's a rich looking stylish lady with big breasts, who would have guessed? In a yaoi that's kind of common, female villains I mean. This thing is oh so very stereotypically yaoi and it gets on my nerves. The sword powers are so cool, though! It pisses me off he got scolded and banned from using them! Hopefully he rebels and casts that aside cause if not I'm in for a long boring ride when it comes to Spiritpact. 

Rewrite: Moon and Terra:

This one had everyone together trying to protect the white haired girl! I love these characters ever since I got to know them from season 1! It was intense seeing them all fight together and the end part where they were all dying tugged at the heart! I look forward to seeing what happens since that ending seemed to be almost a season finale. I take it we're rebooting to another world but I'm not 100% sure. Either way, I'm excited to see what happens next! 

3-gatsu no Lion:

Oh wow, this was pretty intense as well! We see Rei's past with his sister it looks like and more intense shogi playing. I want to see Rei play shogi again. Preferably against the abusive husband. Even if I'm not particularly fond of her she doesn't deserve that no woman does, no person does honestly. It was an interesting episode, quieter but really interesting! I enjoyed it! 

Demi-chan wa Kataritai:

My god, I love this show. This show is just so cute and warm and I can't take it. It was great when they stood up for the Yuki Onna that was getting bullied and how nice they are to her! I also love the demi support group. I was wondering about the vampire girl's sister and she's cute as well an overprotective big sister! All the characters in this show are so adorable! I look forward to more for sure this was a great episode as always! I think it's one of my favorite Winter shows! 

Sengoku Choujuu Giga:

This was weird. The meat man thing was kind of gross and I have no idea how that would be good luck or how fighting it would go wrong. I don't have much to say about this other than "Huh?" It was just very strange and out of the blue even for this show which is known for being kind of random and strange. Definitely not this shows best that's for sure. 

Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari:

This was interesting. The girl's reaction to her close companion being a demon was kind of quiet and subdued but to be honest, I should have seen it coming. This episode was cool, though, I noticed even more how much I love the character designs. Even the bad guys look so cool and that fight scene was really awesome as well! I look forward to seeing more from this and really enjoyed this episode it was a fun watch! 

RWBY:

This episode was shorter this time around! It was packed full of stuff! We had a scene for everyone this time so let's get into it!

First, there were the bad guys. Tyrian has a very intense reaction to Salem being disappointed I have to say. It's weird I feel somewhat bad since he's clearly mentally unstable and obsessed with her but also I'm terrified. You know it's bad when even Cinder is a little creeped out! I look forward to seeing what they do next.

Then we had Yang. She feels ready to leave now and she is either going for Ruby or for her Mom. They didn't show us where exactly she decided but I have a feeling she'll go after Ruby and postpone her mother's search until later.

Weiss's escape was quite possibly one of the most stressful things I watched this week. It's good to see Weiss's father getting it, especially from Ironwood. I was scared Weiss would get caught. I hope we get to see Klein again. He is such an amazing character even though he didn't do a lot. I want to know him better!

With Blake, we finally get to hear why she left. That's exactly what I thought so I'm not surprised. The whole speech was so anime I liked it. The thing that took me by surprise was the taking back the white fang. It's a great allegory for what we deal with today. If people with common sense took back the movements that were hijacked by the crazy extremists I see everywhere these days, we would be in a much better world. I hope Blake can do it and then become queen of the group while she's at it.

That last part is the most interesting. When they came to tell Ruby and Juane about that creature. It seems like only Ren can see this thing somehow. He zoned out and isn't responding. If Ren dies at the end of this volume I will be PISSED. He is one of my favorite characters on this damn show!
Either way, this was an amazing episode! I can't wait until the finale but I'm also terrified of what the finale will show us. 

January 29th, Sunday:

Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season:

This episode was really awesome. I know it's the most heroic thing to say but I honestly think Rose should have gone forward and killed that guy! He would have just kept doing bad things and killing people like he did to Rose! That whole flashback was so heartbreaking she shouldn't have had to go through that. Of course, we all know Sorey will let this guy off and be the peaceful lawful hero type...bleh. Rose is better. Either way though this episode was cool and the animation and art on the last scene were the best! 

Idol Jihen:

I have a confession to make you guys. I did not think I would like this show at first but I've really grown fond of it! This episode they were screwing with a more spirited group and the girls I liked for the other episodes returned! It was very fanservice heavy but it was still fun. I liked when the one girl did the Tarzan sound when she swung on the vine. The song was fun and I really enjoyed this! 

Nyanko Days:

This episode was kind of cute! It's a shame we didn't get to see them do friends stuff. The reaction of the rich girl's driver was hysterical. It was so overdramatic and funny. I hope next episode we get to see her cat and see them hang out! They seem like they will be great friends! 

ēlDLIVE:

I think that the childhood friend the main character is seeing again is one of those shapeshifting aliens. I think he's the more advanced version of the other aliens attacking the others in the group. That or he as brought back to life by the enemy group. Either way, this was an interesting episode and I liked it, it was cool! I'm really curious as to what will go down next. I just hope nobody dies. Also, the fake Mom robot was funny. For a second I wondered if she really was her Mom. Anyway, though, good episode! 

January 30th, Monday:

Little Witch Academia:

I've come to the conclusion I love this show. If it stays as good as it is I'm keeping it at 10/10. In this one, the group sneaks off so that Lotte can go to a book signing for her favorite book series! This episode was absolutely so cute! I'm surprised she didn't accept the pen though I would have. It was cute how she bonded with the author and just...this episode from beginning to end was perfect! 

Gabriel DropOut:

This episode was fun! It had all the girls enjoying Summer vacation and going to the beach. It also showed how two of the main characters met and became friends! Them actually doing stuff after it stopped raining and the actual inviting thing was funny as well! I hope we get to see more backstory stuff that last part was really sweet! I liked this episode a lot as well it was funny! 

Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori:

I was bored mostly. Even with that last part where everyone reunited and it turns out the kid CAN actually be injured. I saw it coming a mile away it was so predictable! I have nothing to really say because this show is such a snore to me. I can't wait until it ends but I can say there was more action which was kind of nice, the tension and all. 

Chiruran: Nibun no Ichi:

This episode's focus was love letters for the Shinsengumi. The butt of the joke in this show wants love letters but doesn't get any until the end. This one felt a bit more mean spirited but it was still funny! I'm surprised by the challenge letter, though. I wonder how that will go down! It's a shame he never did get a love letter though haha! 

Overall:

This was a week I enjoyed! I don't think I've ever not enjoyed a week of anime, though now that I think about it. My favorites this week were Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon, Demi-chan wa Kataritai and RWBY! My least favorites were, of course, Trickster and Super Lovers 2. 

I hope you had a good week like I did! Let me know what you think in the comments and I bid adieu until my next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment