Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Bravo's Weekly Anime Lineup #35

This week's anime screenshot is Boruto: Naruto Next Generations!

Here we go with this week's stuff! Not sure what we have in store but I hope it's good! Make sure you're caught up as always, and we'll get right into it! 

May 23rd, Tuesday:

Fukumenkei Noise:

This was a good one. I didn't expect Yuzu's mother to be so strict with him. That first scene took me aback a bit for sure. The fact that Momo and Yuzu get along so well is interesting. The last scene is going to be a turning point. Momo is now in a rival band that looks pretty cool. The old singer is with them. I'm not surprised she ditched to be honest. Anyway, now all 3 of them have seen each other at once. The love triangle heat has been turned way up. This could be really good, depending on how it's executed. That or it'll just be annoying. I wonder if Yuzu will still take him up on his offer to do music at Momo's place. This was a good one definitely. I liked it, and it created a lot of suspense! 

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka?:

Oh boy. The main girl is growing red hair like the girl in her coma vision. It made her loose her weapon wielding ability. She looks cute with the red hair, but I feel bad stuff on the horizon. She just accepted it and living a normal life way to easily. She's going to die or she'll have to sacrifice herself against the main villain. That and I'm not sure she can even be with the main guy. Isn't she only a teenager when he's in 30's or something? I have no idea. 

I guess maybe it could work? There was more of him being parental which was nice, you know how much I wanted to see that. The new characters seem to have stumbled upon something important to the plot. A legend about how humans are god's fist mistake. That sounds pretty creepy and makes me worry. Still, the new characters are nice and have a cool design. This was a great episode, and really interesting. I do look forward to what this has in store, since it introduced so many cool possibilities! 

Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine:

Yes finally! A Kai centered episode I was waiting for this! It also featured more of their younger sister which was cute. Kai really is such a sweetheart. Honestly he may be the sweetest character in an anime I've seen thus far. He was so sweet with his family, and really tried hard when it came to other people. I'm so impressed and happy to see his efforts paid off or started to. He has the sweetest smile when he isn't trying too hard as well. This was great, I'm proud of Kai and the other brothers were funny. They were more comic relief but still! The dog subplot and the tutors bad drawing skills were funny as well. A great episode overall! 

Natsume Yuujinchou Roku:

Oh this one was a good one! It was mostly a flashback of Natsume's Grandma. She came just to thank her. She also told a story of her settling an argument between 2 yokai that was causing trouble. It was really good. I love Natsume's grandmother when she is shown. She is so amazing and tough and clever. She may be a sue to some but I don't care, to me she's amazing. This episode highlighted a cool part of her and a thing she did. I liked that a lot! This was a great episode, peaceful and nice. I sense the next one may be more intense, though. 

May 24th, Wednesday:

Room Mate: One Room Side M:

This one featured the blond boy. He's upset about the no dating rules and it interfered with his ability to act. He did seem less enthused. I really don't get why these boys are so destroyed by this? They barely know the character we are we just moved in like 6 episodes ago! I also knew the getting married thing they threw out in the first episode was going to be an acting thing, and not actual marriage. Predictable roomate, very predictable. Definitely pretty average and dull this week. 

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations:

This was interesting. I never thought of the clone ability being used to bounce ideas off yourself. Now I kind of wish I could do that. Boruto dressing as pretty much the main guy from Gurren Lagann made me laugh pretty hard. I'm surprised by Naruto. What happened to the Naruto I always heard of!? Why does adult Naruto have to be so boring and stale what gives!? I can't wait to see him prove his dad wrong. We've seen him use his eye power we know he's capable. I do like the whole family thing this show has. Boruto has interesting grandparents that's for sure. The fight should be cool, I look forward to it! This was a good episode for sure! 

Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism:

The last girl he has to fight surprised me. She seems very weak and small. I know she'll have some super secret power in the end, but still. Why did they save her for last? There must be something about her and I'm very curious. The green haired girl is so interesting I like her, even though she's psychotic. She seems to have kind of fallen for the main guy. The two main girls fighting over the main guy is kind of funny, yet also cliche and annoying. The one with the black hair has a sad backstory I didn't expect. I kind of liked that! My favorite one needing to pee, though. Poor thing, is it bad all I really get walking away from this is: "I hope she got to pee."? Either way, this episode was fine. I'm happy they apologized for the whole punishment room thing, I really didn't like that very much. 

May 25th, Thursday:

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭:

This was interesting! Since this project the group worked on together is almost done, the main is getting ideas to do more with them. Eriri may not be up to participating, and a few flaws of the main show here. The sweetest and most important part, was the end. I love when they put the title of the show in a series. In here the title of the show is now the title of the game. I hope that makes the one girl forgive him. He really is sorry I can tell. I can't wait to see how she takes the change! I look forward to it for sure and this was good! 

Clockwork Planet:

I don't have much to say about this. To be honest it was boring and slow. A few different things happened, but nothing very important if you ask me. A few people don't trust the new robot, to be expected and all that jazz. More tactics to get to saving the world...I'm sorry I really don't have much to say. It was the weakest episode thus far. The most exciting part was him fixing the robots and giving the girl a possible jealously streak over his skills. I don't know if that's the case or not, but it was interesting. It's a shame you can't skip it because there are a few important elements in this as well. 

Renai Boukun:

This was good as well. We got to see the two mothers of this dysfunctional family fight. In the end the redhead got unbrainwashed and fell in love with the main character again. It was cool.  I actually enjoyed all the characters and what they did this time around. I like when they pointed out the illogical reasons behind the Mom in particular. It was still a bit chaotic, but I did like this. It was cliche but, still it was enjoyable to me. The fight bits especially. I'm glad the main boy will be left alone at least for now. 

May 26th, Friday:

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa:

This was cool! I was so happy to see this episode I love Hermes in this show, and the girl he's with! Seeing my favorite duo appear was great. Loki was amusing as well!A confrontation with that redhead is coming again soon, I can feel it! The new elf girl is cool, though. I like her. I'm sure she isn't really cursed, she just thinks she is. That's why she's scared to let people touch her! That seems like what the show is going for. Aiz negotiating with the shopkeeper was funny as well and this party Aiz is with is fun to watch. This was a great episode even for a setup, I can't wait for more! 

Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai:

Here we are back to the sins and the sexy fanservice. 

Did I say sexy? I meant absolutely ridiculous and eye rolls all around. In this one everyone fights Lucifer in an online game Sloth sets up. Maria was wearing regular armor but then they put her in pretty much bikini warriors attire. Lucifer looks really good with red hair I will say that. The online game was pretty cliche, the only notable thing was the stupid song that was played during Maria's fanservice filled training montage, complete with a poisonous plant bikini. Nice. This was fine, I guess. I rolled my eyes a lot at it though. 

Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul:

This was amazing! I'm glad we got this episode! It helps explain a lot of things. The angels are definitely making the same mistake they did last time. As someone who watched it I can confirm this. The main girl can't transform, I feel like it's connected to the boy she was with. I hope not, though they were a cute couple. I think my favorite parts were the 3 person sword fight, the main girl standing up against the king. I feel bad for the Rag demon right now, I really love him I don't want to see him be hurt! On the other hand, a favorite of mine for the first season finally decided to show up! I'm so glad he's here, he better whip sense into all these idiots and stage a proper prison escape. This episode was great I loved it! I can't wait for next week! 

Nobunaga no Shinobi: Ise Kanegasaki-hen:

This was a little funnier then last time. The hives joke persisted. The one that made me laugh was the whole, writes his name on his things joke. This fight between him and Chidori should be good. What  I think will happen is that she will earn his respect as a warrior. Poor Oda though, this must be so embarrassing for him. This was good, though I liked it! 

May 27th, Saturday:

Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season:

I loved this, but I'm so mad-.

Fuck Bakugo! My little gravity girl deserved to win! Her powers are way better then his! We don't need a superhero that can blow shit up, we have actual bombs for that. She wanted to make her parents proud and now she has to feel like a failure because of him! Yes her Dad made her feel better but still, screw Bakugo. I hope the show kills him off somehow, he's nothing but a joy taker for the characters I like. Midoriya and the fire and ice guy will be interesting. I think Midoriya will win. I'm glad Midoriya stood up against the Dad. He sucks as well. I did love this episode, though. It had some funny parents and the action parts were top notch! I can't wait to see more, especially the new villain watching the computer screen. Who is he,  I wonder. 

Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2:

This was amazing. Attack on Titan has always been amazing at creating great atmosphere's. The whole confrontation between the titan shifters building and when it finally broke was the best. The whole thing. Even though Ymir kind of threw Eren under a bus, I love her anyway. I feel like she may be faking them out, and she'll turn on them eventually. I know Historia wouldn't approve of her taking Reiner's side if they knew. It's creepy how human the titans are starting to seem. How intelligent they actually are. 

Re:Creators:

This was interesting. I knew that one new chick was going to use him for blackmail. Knew it, knew it, knew it! I haven't figured out if he created it or not still. Either way this is an interesting plot point, The show hasn't made it entirely clear since it showed this mostly through Japanese text. The new creators are pretty cool as well, I love the girl better of the two. She's just "Oh, oops. My character is hurting people-" it's hilarious. It's like she only kind of cares. Most importantly I'm worried about the magical girl. I loved seeing the bad guy get emotional like that. It makes everything surrounding her 10x more interesting! I wonder if the magical girl will be the first death! I can't wait to see what happens next! 

Granblue Fantasy The Animation:

This was interesting. The main character is having dreams of killing all her friends. I wonder why? I mean what would even make her go evil? I wonder if it's the Science experiment thing she obviously got kidnapped for. That would be too obvious, though wouldn't it? Either way this was a cool setup. No idea how she got kidnapped so quickly and easily, but still good! I think the new character they met here is cool as well! He'll definitely become a party member I'm almost sure of it. This was a pretty good episode for sure! 

Eromanga-sensei:

This episode focused on the character's dream for the most part. It makes me happy to know their adopted for sure. The anime is now much more easy to watch. I mean it isn't technically incest anymore so this becomes much cuter! I still don't really like the boy romantically with the characters, though. I keep bouncing between liking them and not liking them as much. I think so far believe it or not I like Elf and the purple haired girl the most. Though with the purple haired girl I'm more iffy I'll admit. I do want to see the dreams fulfilled. Who knows maybe Eromanga and the main guy ship will grow on me! There's still time! It was nice to see them watch the fireworks together. Reminded me of Animal Crossing for some reason. This was a good one, I liked it! 

May 28th, Sunday:

Alice No Zouroku:

This was interesting. The show is back to getting serious and introduced a new girl that can basically make everyone lifeless zombies. I feel so bad for the main girl! She had to see all her friends freeze like that and her not be affected. The new characters are cool, though. The backstory is very sad so I don't hate them. Yes, they did cause it but they're still about the same age as her. They're suffering as well. I know another fight will happen whenever she sees them again. I don't know if the Grandfather will stop it if he knows. The fight they had towards the end was really cool, though. I would like another one, the battle scenes in this show are pretty cool! This was a very good one, I loved it! 

May 29th, Monday:

Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho:

This show just got 10x more interested. Remember that little boy? Well turns out he's actually a girl and the granddaughter of a very powerful witch. It's why 13 was so determined to use him and execute him if he couldn't. The wolf beast fallen is awesome as well now that we've gotten to know him. I like him a lot! I can't wait to see him join this party, and he looked cool as human. Having to see his witch friend die was so sad, though. We're also prepping to see Zero kick some serious ass. This I look forward to very much. This show picked up a bit and is becoming one of my favorites quick honestly. This was the best one thus far no contest! 

Little Witch Academia:

Now this was awesome as always. Akko unlocked more of the words. I love how determined she is. I hope they don't get rid of that aspect of her. Yes it is a bit stupid of her, but I like it. I think it makes Akko herself you know! It's the cool side to her! I do wonder if she got down in time to keep her flight ability. I'm glad she did climb that, though. Had she not done that she wouldn't have gotten the word. The fight between Chariot and that tech teacher was really emotionally charged. Probably because of the history they have which was shown to us. I can't wait to see how Akko reacts when she does realize it is actually Chariot. Though this tech teacher is up to no good I'm starting to get why they went with certain plot points. Akko is a mix of the best of tradition and the modern world. This teacher is all tech without heart. Either way this was freaking great and I loved it! 

Overall:

This was a great week! I enjoyed it a lot! My favorites this week were Little Witch Academia, RE: Creators and Attack On Titan! There were a lot of others that came close, though. Like Zero and Natsume Yuujinchou! My least favorites were Nobunaga No Shinobi (Sad about that honestly) and Clockwork Planet. 

I hope you enjoyed this post! Feel free to comment and I bid you adieu until my next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment