Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Bravo's Weekly Anime Lineup #43

This week's anime screenshot is Netsuzou Trap 

Next week in! Still the next installment of Monogatari hasn't appeared! I hope it does soon, but either way make sure you're caught up! There will be spoilers in this article! Then, let's jump right in!

July 18th, Tuesday:

New Game!!:

Where were you last week!? 

Anyway it was worth the wait. This one was interesting. They are doing character designs for a new game! The person that inspired the main character was actually rejected this episode. I liked her designs, but I see what they mean by it being too similar to the previous game. The main girl has a good concept I like it! I'm glad in the end, they got along and she wasn't upset or jealous anymore. Poor her, though! She really felt like she was loosing her touch it was sad! Still a great episode. I loved seeing them get along and work out their troubles! It was worth the wait after that one week skip! Still not sure why they did that. 

July 19th, Wednesday:

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations:

This was a great episode! It featured the dude in the glasses from the first episode and the older kid with the bo staff that fought Boruto awhile back. I never expected these two to team up! Now that I've seen it, they are a great duo! I hope we see them still together when they are older. It was so nice seeing them help each other in areas they have trouble in. Then when they saved everyone and the teacher said he would consider that a pass? Awesome! I'm so proud of them and the last scene made me very happy. An awesome episode! I'm happy to see these characters grow and get better! It's so nice! This was awesome and I loved it for sure! 

Netsuzou Trap:

The plot thickens...surprisingly fast. 

We are in our third person and already the main couple is hoping to have sex for the first time. They went skiing and are staying in a cabin. I wonder why the main guy doesn't find it strange that A: They're always double dating and B: The two girls are always together alone. If it were me I would have suspected something already. Long ago. The bigger surprise is that the other guy already knows what's going on. Now he's using it as blackmail I assume. Like if they don't have sex, he'll say what he saw. That sucks he's so awful. The tension is up and I guess I look forward to seeing where this goes. 

Saiyuuki Reload Blast:

This episode had a darker more serious tone. It talked about death and such. I knew from the beginning, he was the one who did. Even though he seemed nice it was a mystery that was easy to crack. Goku in this episode was sad to see. It's weird when he's being serious. Them climbing the mountain in the beginning was funny as well. The short afterwards with the toilet was funny as hell. I honestly felt really bad for the demon. I don't have a lot to say about this episode, though. A lot of it's best parts were more atmosphere and what wa shown rather than what was said. It was still really enjoyable. I think it was a character development for Goku and that on it's own is really great! This whole episode was good, but not my favorite thus far! 

Hajimete No Gal:

The first date! My opinion is honestly switching. The girl is nice and she's honestly really awesome. It's the dude who's a moron. He only wants to lose his virginity to this girl. It sucks because she seems to genuinely like and care about him. She's even shy about just kissing him! She honestly deserves better. If the main guy is going to be good to her, he has to step up and stop listening to his dumbass friends. The last scene after karaoke was cute. Another girl that looks similar is watching, though. I think she's going to try and sabotage everything. It may be her older sister but I'm not sure yet. Either way this was good, I guess. I really like the main girl, so it's not a loss or anything. 

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV):

The second episode elaborated on what was going on a bit more. Basically how good you do in life depends on the class system in this world. Class S is highest, D is lowest. If you get expelled you're fucked, and if you make it to Class S you will have a happy successful life. Honestly that's really fucked up and just seems like it's molding everyone to be work obsessed obedient machines but what do I know. The tsundere girl feels inferior to her brother but main guy protected her. I like the idea of them together, he is nice though he doesn't show it very well. I love this little group of 3 honestly. I also am pissed the teacher won't even tell them how to make it up to Class S, yet holds their life in their hands if they fail. Sorry this show makes my inner Persona 5 rebel come out. It's so unfair! Still it makes me root for the characters and hope they succeed and beat the system! I enjoyed this! 

July 20th, Thursday:

Gamers:

This was a bit funnier than last time! Still, the main character peeves me very much. The other guy they showed playing games with him, I liked. He was cool. I freaked out when I saw them playing Persona. A lot of the budget must have went towards them getting the rights to show them in the anime. I lost my shit when the main character retaliated like that. I've never seen that happen ever and would have never saw it coming. I thought he was going to die for a second there. Either way I hope he just bucks up and joins the gaming club soon. They seem so nice and cool! This was funny, I liked it enough! 

July 21st,Friday:

Vatican Kiseki Chousakan:

The conclusion to the mystery. Is it wrong I've only been half following this. They just talk and talk and talk! Finding interesting things happen is a task man! The characters barely change tone of voice at all, but they explained a long complicated story on how that miracle could be logically explained I guess. Yay. That was actually boring. The anime would have been way more interesting if the statue actually cried like that. Mysteries are supposed to be way more exciting or in the very least suspenseful. I got nothing from this though, or barely anything. I didn't really like this at all. Sorry. 

Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi:

This episode of was good yet at the same time infuriating. It featured two girls in a comedy duo and it was all kinds of fucked up. This actually reminded of a similar episode. This one was just slightly less infuriating then that. The girl wanted to protect her partner from her previous abusive boyfriend. Yet she sent her to hell where she would be tormented forever just because they were having a rough patch! Folks hot Ren in a suit can only fix so much, OK? These two were both terrible people. I can't believe how angry this made me! That new girl doesn't remember anything. We don't know much about her yet. It was good, yet so infuriating! God! 

Nobunaga no Shinobi: Ise Kanegasaki-hen:

This episode had a lot of Hanbei. That I appreciate since I love him in this show. I love him so much! He tricked the dude with the afro really well. The joke about his hairstyle was hilarious. I can't wait to see how the actual fight goes. Hanbei is like Chidori's older brother. I love the relationship they have. It was awesome. I loved this episode a lot. It was funny and nice to watch! 

Shoukoku no Altair:

Lots of episodes to make me mad this week, huh? The main character got his position taken away because he focused on saving someones life, rather then the good of the entire country. That and the main character agrees with this, and just rolled over and gave in to what the elders said. Maybe he could have found a way to save both of them but no, just got demoted instead even though everything seemed to go OK. I like this show, but god that made me so mad when he got demoted. Hopefully when he comes back he still has a heart and cares about people instead of just countries and ruler ship and shit. UGHhH! Still a well done episode, I loved the characters, new ones were presented and that battle was so cutthroat and awesome! The pasha has a great weapon! 

Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul:

This was interesting. Nina seems to have kind of separated from the rest of the group? The part where she tried to signal to the two idiots was the best. Stole the entire episode, it was great. El is going to be interesting. He seems to have joined Nina now, and now the angels are going to fuck shit up. It's going to be awful and chaotic. Still I liked this, seeing everyone's antics. The end of the battle was nice as well no one died! Good because I like both the characters and Favaro's party is starting shit again! Yes! Loved this! 

July 22nd, Saturday:

Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season:

This was awesome. Midoriya and Todoroki fought to protect Iida. Todoroki in this episode was so amazing. That was my favorite part pretty much. He made up with his mother and is OK with using both sides of his power. I'm happy that he grew so much. I like it when he shows more emotion, a lot believe it or not! Seeing Midoriya throw a successful punch actually made me clap. Iida is going to help these two avenge his brother. Already he was still brave, just standing up to the guy. The Hero Killer has an amazing quirk and the thing hand guy set up is my personal nightmare. Those things are even creepier when they make more sounds! Seeing them all fight is awesome. I loved this so much. I can't wait to see what they do next! I think this is one of my favorite episodes of this show! 

Ballroom e Youkoso:

The main dude went to see an actual dance competition more closely. I think the main teacher knows he will learn how to dance better this way. I think my favorite part was when they were making fun of the redhead. The main guy cares for him in spite of everything or at least he seems to. He's my favorite so I guess that's why I loved that scene. I still think they're both going to eventually fight over the girl, though. I don't know who I hope will get her in all honesty. They're both good characters. The dancing is going to be good to see. I can't wait to see the main character do well in this area. He has been practicing and trying so hard thus far. I want to see his effort pay off! A good episode for sure. 

Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu:

In the end I did get a boat fight exactly like I wanted! One thing I don't understand is how they would know whether a soldier is from a time period or not. They didn't have photography skill back then. It would have to be based on names and even then, that wouldn't be definite conversation. I also don't get why they don't just leave aren't they essentially super humans? They could easily get around those trying to stop them no? Still when the other sword appeared in the end at that moment I totally freaked out. That was an amazing entrance honestly. This episode was good, though it brought out questions for me, and how they work.

THE REFLECTION:

I chose this show because Stan Lee had involvement in it! It works for the anime fans and comic fans. Perfect for a Comic Frontline post!  Basically humans have powers after an event called The Reflection. There are villains and heroes. It's X men but it isn't. For being a show created by Stan Lee, it has a very slow start, though. A few characters were introduced but no one is really jumping out at me, except the girl that seems to have a speed burst/teleporting power?

She seems pretty cool. The art style is interesting as well, more reminiscent of comic books. I want to know more about The Reflection and the world this takes place in. Honestly, the first episode was really weak but I'll give it a chance. It did present a few things that were interesting to me. I enjoyed it enough, but will admit it was still a weak start. Hopefully we see better things from this next week! 

Kakegurui:

The stakes have been raised in an gambling anime! What a shocker. Now you can bet more than money. Basically you risk becoming cattle if you loose your wager now! The bat shit student council decided on this! This makes me want to see Yumeko kick their asses even more. The fact that they think they can get away with running lives like this is incredibly arrogant and evil at the same time. For the first time, I liked a new character. 

Make no mistake she's batshit, and the scene in the bathroom was awkward as hell, but I like her she looks really cool and will be an interesting character for sure. The student council is really fucked up, though. The blonde is also winning again now that she's playing with Yumeko. I don't mind her winning now that the stakes are a bit higher and she'll probably be needed to help. A good episode for sure! 

July 23rd, Sunday:

Centaur no Nayami:

This episode was so cute I couldn't take it. It involved a few of the main characters babysitting kids. The centaur girl babysat her younger cousin. The cat triplets are so cut and the spirit watching over the sick one was so cute! All the little supernatural kids are the cutest things! I loved every moment of this, honestly. It's something you have to watch. Me explaining it won't get the whole thing across but basically, it was a cute episode with the characters watching over younger supernatural beings. I loved it and you should watch it! 

Princess Principal:

The thing these spy girls is looking to resolve is rather simple all things considered. The princess and her servant were filled in on everything. I felt really proud of the servant honestly. What she did to keep everyone protected was amazing. When she changed the voice like that to trick everyone and they landed with the parachute like that? Awesome! I loved this scene so much and the episode was good. I loved it, it was awesome. 

Hitorijime My Hero:

I made a slight mistake. Turns out there are 2 different guys are blonde. I completely lost track. Still the other blond is a douche. Still I will give credit where credit is due. The crying part was really sad. It broke my heart. I'm glad the other dude became less of a dick but I still don't appreciate the manipulative way they got into relationship. Why the other dudes just kind of sat there and watched everything is beyond me. Can we just skip to the teacher getting with him, I know they're just stalling for it. I'm going to hate it so get it over with quickly. This one was slightly better then than the last one, had cute moments but still, meh. 

July 24th, Monday:

Fate/Apocrypha:

This was good! For once it was much more organized and the focus stayed in the place it was supposed to stay. I loved all of Frankenstein's parts but you guys knew that. You guys  know my love for her is strong, haha. The best part was what happened to the homonculus. That one girl who tried to rescue him is honestly so great. I love her so much! Then there was how the homonculus turned into an adult and is now teamed up with Joanne of Arc. That is an awesome team I can already tell. It's a shame that the other guy had to die for it, though. He really was a sweet character. 

Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ:

This was interesting. It featured something I was actually waiting to see the bad guys versions of a magical girl outfit. Needless to say I wasn't left dissapointed by it at all. In fact I absolutely adored the outfits. The fight in the tomato garden was really cool as well. That old lady was so sweet. I laughed when the 3 mains were called primary colors and Chris was so cool when she came riding in like that. More character development is on the way for her, I'm sure of it. The new guy being completely naked when he did that surprised me. His powers are insane my jaw dropped in those last few minutes. I wonder how they lived through that, because that was fucking insane. Still I loved this! It's as crazy as I want it! Awesome and great! 

Isekai Shokudou:

This was interesting. Still a kind of boring show, though. The lizard people caught my interest, though. Boy oh boy did they catch it. I stared at the screen the whole time with one eyebrow up. That was the last thing I expected to see even for a fantasy realm. The other girl was interesting. She was essentially a vegan. That meal he made was impressive! I liked her the most in this episode. She was really cute and also pretty much female Link. This one was pretty good, better then the other 2 for sure. 

Koi To Uso:

My heart jumped into my throat for half this episode. They had the government officials uncomfortably talking about how they decide on people. Somehow I feel like their statistics are complete bullshit. This would never work if it were real life. Then there was the possibility the other girl may have gotten her assigned partner. She didn't but it was still nerve wracking. All the characters were cute. The last scene was funny as well I loved it. Them all going out is going to be tense that's for sure. I loved the new white haired girl the Student Council president was talking to, she was so cute! This was a good episode I enjoyed it a lot! 

Overall:

A really good week! Probably better than the last one. My favorite ones were Boku No Hero Academia, Symphogear AXZ and Fate Apocrypha! My least favorites this week were THE REFLECTION and Vatican Kiseki Chousakan! 

I bid you adieu until my next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment