Monday, May 14, 2018

Top 5 Panels of the Week - 5/9/18


Comic Frontline is starting a new segment where the crew picks their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week's post I will announce the winner from the poll.

Fan Panel Pick From Last Week - X-Men Gold #27 - Tell the Universe to Shut Up!


  
KAT

5. Batman: White Knight #8 - The Unmasking


I want to read more from a world where Commissioner Gordon knows Bruce Wayne is Batman, give me a sequel for Batman: White Knight.

4. Detective Comics #980 - I Believe You


I've always loved Cassandra and Stephanie's friendship. They have such different personalities that the contrast just works. I liked seeing a glimmer of their friendship here. Even calling Batman, Mr. Broods-A-Lot was a very Stephanie thing to say.

3. Detective Comics #980 - Spoiler to Batgirl


THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING! This hasn't been Steph's best self, and I love that we got a glimmer of the Stephanie I love.

2. Detective Comics #980 - I’m Freaking Awesome!


This is the first time in a long time that I've heard Stephanie's voice! This is why I love her character so much. She's the underdog, everyone overlooks her, but time-and-time again she proves everyone wrong. SHE'S FREAKING AWESOME!

1. Runaways #9 - Power Pack, The Youngest Heroes of Marvel


This was such a poetic ending for Julie. She was a member of the Power Pack, once known as the youngest heroes of the Marvel universe. Rainbow Rowell gives us a great cliffhanger, while Kris Anka pours so much emotion onto this page as Julie processes what has happened to her and the current state of her relationship with Karolina.  

BRANT

5. Domino #2 - We Are NOT the Avengers!



Domino just got tossed out the window, and this collective of heroes are NOT the ones to cross. Love how they all just basically said your life is worthless to these villains. haha

4.  Backways #5 - Mission Accomplished


Is Coyote evil after all? Has Anna been trusting the wrong person this whole time? I guess we'll see in volume 2!

3. Betrothed #3 -Why? WHY?!


Man, this guy just can't catch a break. They're all teleported naked, but when they reappear everyone gets clothes but him. I have a feeling I'd have that same luck. Priceless.

2. Detective Comics #980 - I'm Freaking Awesome!


I read this entire arc to catch up, and I have to say the payoff of the reemergence of Stephanie here was worth it!

1. Despicable Deadpool #300 - Oh, No. You're Right!


Gerry Dugan himself after Deadpool tells him he just stole the end of Morrison's Animal Man run. He's making fun of himself, Deadpool, and Marvel with the $25 issue gag. This is just a hilarious scene that doesn't end so well for Mr. Duggan on his final issue! :)

JAY

5. Sideways #4 - Go, Go Sideways Rangers....


I know even when there isn't a Power Ranger book out I manage to find a Power Rangers panel! Come on, that is a Power Rangers cosplay suit there! She made up her own Ranger! It has the diamonds, the buckle Morpher, and the gloves are tuckef in there too. Now I MUST see the Helmet! BRING ME THE HELMET!!!!

4. Runaways #9 - My New Wheels!


Move aside ladies, Victor Mancha is gone, make room for Victor Roomba! I want one of these!!!! I can see these making their way to Comic Cons, grab your Roomba, a manikin head, some cool shades and you have yourself Victor Roomba, the perfect companion to any Runaways cosplay!

3. The Flash #46 - The Flash Age!


The Flash has always been the guidepost by which the ages of comics were measured. I know modern "collectors" (and by "collectors" I mean the people who need those "key issues" so they can jack up the price and sell them online when a movie comes out) recreated the eras, but to me this will always be the eras. They are measured by The Flash!

2. Detective Comics #980 - They Let Me....


When I saw Cassandra's history being revealed, I had the biggest smile ear-to-ear! Then this panel comes, five simple words and GUT PUNCH! Come on DC give Cassandra back this costume and the name Black Bat!

1. Batman: White Knight #8 - Dear Bruce....


Everyone should know by now that I am a sucker for a father/son scene, and this is a great one. Anyone Ssn who lost their father would understand and relate to Bruce with this letter from Alfred. I read this scene over 50 times and every time was a gut punch. This letter proves that Alfred is more than just Bruce's father, he is or should I say was his Dad! I want a sequel to this pronto!

MIKE SPIDER-SLAYER 

5.  Sideways #4 - You Really Suck At This


Setting a Villian on fire and then blowing him up.Yeah I say you do suck. However that is what makes Sideways such a great comic.

4. Domino #2 - The Western Grip


The Western Grip a particular grip you use while playing tennis to create heavy topspin on the ball. Never knew you could use it with a sword.

3. Batman: White Knight #8 - World's Greatest Detective?


Thanks Captain Obvious!!

2. Hunt For Wolverine Adamantium Agenda #1 - Do They Have To Be Alive?


Having the group come up with a solution to defuse the bomb was great thought it was hilarious for Luke Cage to take it as far as to find a dead body to flip the switch. Spider-Man's reaction was hilarious.

1. Domino #2 - Out of Shape Hulk



Who would have thought Amadeus would be so out of shape for crying out loud he is the Hulk? He only ran 2 blocks and he was going to die or barf or barf then die, or both LOL.



Top 5 Panels of the Week - 5/9/18

Batman: White Knight #8 - The Unmasking
Detective Comics #980 - I Believe You
Detective Comics #980 - Spoiler to Batgirl
Detective Comics #980 - I’m Freaking Awesome!
Runaways #9 - Power Pack, The Youngest Heroes of Marvel
Domino #2 - We Are NOT the Avengers!
Backways #5 - Mission Accomplished
Betrothed #3 -Why? WHY?!
Despicable Deadpool #300 - Oh, No. You're Right!
Sideways #4 - Go, Go Sideways Rangers....
Runaways #9 - My New Wheels!
The Flash #46 - The Flash Age!
Detective Comics #980 - They Let Me....
Batman: White Knight #8 - Dear Bruce....
Sideways #4 - You Really Suck At This
Domino #2 - The Western Grip
Batman: White Knight #8 - World's Greatest Detective?
Hunt For Wolverine Adamantium Agenda #1 - Do They Have To Be Alive?
Domino #2 - Out of Shape Hulk

To find a comic shop near you, visit Comic Shop Locator or call 1-888-comicbook.
For Interviews, News, Previews, Reviews, & more check out Comic Frontline 
Follow & Like Us On TwitterFacebookTumblrGoogle +, & YouTube
Let us know in the comments what you think of this Comic Frontline Article and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment