Monday, July 2, 2018

Top 5 Panels of the Week - 6/27/18


Comic Frontline is starting a new segment where the crew picks their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week's post I will announce the winner from the poll.

Fan Panel Pick From Last Week - X-Men Gold #30 - A Phase



KAT

Honorable Mention: Hunt For Wolverine Mystery In Madripoor #2 - I Don’t Phase Like Kitty 



This was hysterical!

5. Ms. Marvel #31 - We Knew


I knew it, I think we all knew it - Kamala's friends knew she was Ms. Marvel and I love Mike's reason on why they didn't tell her.

4. Kill or Be Killed #20 - We Make The Story Structure of Life


Ed Brubaker's dialogue for this book was just poetry, I'm going to miss it. I love how this series questioned the narrative structure of comic books and storytelling.

3. Kill Or Be Killed #20 - I’m Back!


I want more!!

2. Ms. Marvel #31 - BOYS!


I love their different perspective on boys - not helping Kamala one bit.         

1. Ms. Marvel #31 - Group Hug!

  
This is why I love Ms. Marvel! This series isn't just about Kamala being a superhero, it's about community.  I love that this issue ends on Kamala's friends supporting her and finding out that she's Ms. Marvel, this is going to be a bold new chapter for the series. What a perfect way to celebrate her monumental issue!

JAY

Honorable Mention - Batgirl #24 - Guess They All Do It.


I had to do an honorable mention (especially with just two of us doing panels this week) and this had to be it. I always love the disappearing on Gordon scenes and this one is all the better because it is Batgirl who does it.

5. Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #47 - Like Peanut Butter & Chocolate!


I love Guy! Only Guy Gardner can say that corny line and still think he is the baddest Green Lantern and the coolest.Not to mention how much I love this pairing, I would buy a book with these two in it, and they can call it.... The Reese's Corps!

4.  Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers 25th Anniversary Special #1 - ....You Can't Take The Astronema Out Of The Girl! 


This was hands down the best story in this issue, and this scene was a big part of why. Power Rangers In Space one of the best seasons of Power Rangers for a large majority of fans and Karone/Astronema and Andros' story is part of the reason, but for all the complexity of the relationship we never got to see the impact of being Astronema did to Karone and here we see it. She struggles every day to be a better person, she still have Astronema in her and this scene shows that.

3. The Man of Steel #6 - Undapants & Stuff!


I love this scene! I know it isn't just one panel, but sometimes you need more to convey the reason. Jon is growing up, it isn't just that he is growing out of his costume, he is becoming his own person, and Lois & Clark want to protect him. I love though that even though he is saying he wants to go, he asks the responsible and practical questions like about changes of underwear and even being back before school starts. I can't wait to see how this ends next issue, and how the trip went, which I guess will be in an annual later on this year.

2. The Flash #49 - We WERE Alone.... 


You are not alone, I am here with you.... When I read this scene I heard Michael Jackson singing. I love how close Barry and Wally are, but they are real, they're not always good, they are like a real father and son, they butt heads, they work through it. The next panel where he says they are each other's lightning rods, was almost a panel pick as well, but this was more encompassing.

1. Batgirl #24 - Thanks....


Okay, I am a sucker for Father & Daughter stories too. This was such a great scene and the casual tone with the emotional undertones speak so much of Jim and Babs' relationship. I also love these scenes between them, because you know he HAS to know this is his daughter, but he denies himself that truth to protect her.



Top 5 Panels of the Week - 6/27/18

Hunt For Wolverine Mystery In Madripoor #2 - I Don’t Phase Like Kitty
Ms. Marvel #31 - We Knew
Kill or Be Killed #20 - We Make The Story Structure of Life
Kill Or Be Killed #20 - I’m Back!
Ms. Marvel #31 - BOYS!
Ms. Marvel #31 - Group Hug!
Batgirl #24 - Guess They All Do It.
Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #47 - Like Peanut Butter & Chocolate!
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers 25th Anniversary Special #1 - ....You Can't Take The Astronema Out Of The Girl!
The Man of Steel #6 - Undapants & Stuff!
The Flash #49 - We WERE Alone....
Batgirl #24 - Thanks....
Created with Make a Survey


To find a comic shop near you, visit Comic Shop Locator or call 1-888-comicbook.
For Interviews, News, Previews, Reviews, & more check out Comic Frontline 
Follow & Like Us On TwitterFacebookTumblrGoogle +, & YouTube
Let us know in the comments what you think of this Comic Frontline Article and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment