Monday, July 30, 2018

Top 5 Panels of the Week - 7/25/18


Welcome Comic Frontline's Top 5 Panels! This is where the Frontline Six unite to pick their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week's post we will announce the winner from the poll.

Fan Panel Pick From Last Week - The Life Of Captain Marvel #1 - Did I Ever Tell You're My Earth's Mightiest Hero?



KAT

5. Justice League Dark #1 - Need Assistance?


A great way to enter the battle. I'm looking forward to more of Wonder Woman and Zatana's dynamic together.

4. Action Comics #1001 - The Secret Life of Lois Lane


What is Lois up to? Why is she back on Earth, and hasn't told her husband?

3. The Amazing Spider-Man #2 - I Never Stopped Loving You


I can't get enough of these two!

2. We Are The Danger #2 - I Ship Them
        


There are some good romances blossoming with this issue.

1. Saga #54 - Not Everybody Gets To Grow Old

 
What an ending! This literally changes everything, and we have to wait a year for the aftermath. This is going to be a LONG hiatus.

BRANT
Honorable Mention: The Amazing Spider-Man #2 - It's a Joke, Pete.


I had to include this one because I think it's hilarious. MJ is throwing shade on Pete's typical in-battle joking and it's just an awesome line. Love to see these two together!

5. Action Comics #1001 - I Can't Stop Myself!


I wanted to include this entire page it was so good. This criminal keeps shooting Superman as his partner tells him he's embarrassing himself, but he can't stop. Then he's going to throw his gun at Superman. It's just funny and it pokes fun at so many villains that constantly do this. Classic.

4. X-23 #2 - That's Bananas!


Gabby joking that regular people without a healing factor and thus a fast metabolism can't have pancakes and just eat bananas. That's a stab at a section of our culture and it's kind of hilarious. Funny enough, I personally hate pancakes (I'm a French toast kind of guy), but I can certainly appreciate this!

3. Mr. & Mrs. X #1 - Right on the Tip of My Tongue...


Beast is just witty, sarcastic, clever and hilarious here with the joke about why mutants don't improve tech that dampens their abilities. Just too funny.

2. The Flash #51 - The Birth of the Flash Museum!


There are two great things about this panel. First is the mention of Wally West being the greatest hero, and that resonates with me as Wally is my Flash. And second, it's the birth or construction of the Flash Museum! For any long-time or even recent Flash fans, you know this is a key part of Barry and the gang's future, and to see its beginnings here is just pretty cool.

1. The Amazing Spider-Man #2 - Face it, Tiger, You Just Hit the Jackpot!  


Pete and MJ back together again is just music to my ears as a Spidey fan. This panel echoes what Spidey fans have been feeling too with the line "All my dreams just came true." Seeing these two back together is something fans have been clamoring for for years and now we have it and it's every bit as good as we hoped, at least so far.

JAY
Honorable Mention: Detective Comics #9 - Cass With The Sass!


I am pulling another Kobayashi Maru, I had a hard time narrowing it down so I have some honorable mentions including Kat's #4, #3, & #1, all of Brant's even his Honorable Mention, and Mike Spider-Slayer's top 5! I also loved the Barry being such a dork panel in The Flash #51 also. But I selected this as my Honorable Mention because I just love that it was Cassandra that gave the sass here LOL.

5. Teen Titans #20 - Goes The Dynamite!


Loved this scene. Who doesn't love a good walk away explosion scene? This also reminds me of the epic Smallville Justice League scene.

4. The Flash #51 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generation....



I loved how meta this scene is. Williamson is speaking right to the readers where there is that divide on which Flash Generation are you? Loved it!

3. DC's Beach Blanket Bad Guys Summer #1 - That's What Friends Are For....


How beautiful is this scene? Not only is it visually beautiful, but tonally as well. This is why Diana is the best, she loves so much, even one of her biggest enemies she is there for to be there and no matter what she is there. 

2. The Amazing Spider-Man #2 - For Better Or Worse....


I seen this and thought another Wedding nod. This is the visual representative of wedding vows through their relationship, "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till Mephisto and Joe Quesada us do part." Great visual there.

1. DC's Beach Blanket Bad Guys Summer #1 - W.W.S.D.


LOVED THIS SCENE! This whole story was great and very relevant to the world today, but this panel is just awesome. Everyone should do what Superman would do! I always try to. But I also love Lex's face in the mirror LOL.

MIKE SPIDER-SLAYER 

5. The Amazing Spider-Man #2 - Is This A Dream?


Hard to believe that Mary Jane is back, and like Peter in this issue, I had to keep checking that she is still there as well LOL

4. Infinity Wars Prime #1 - K.O.


Death blow to Thanos!! Who is this Mystery character that took out The Mighty Titan!

3. Mr. & Mrs X #1 - Spiders Are Icky



This is a great scene between Magik and Rouge. Who would of thought that Magik would think spiders are icky? She has seen a lot worse! I wonder what she thinks of Spider-Man?

2. X-23 #2 - Not A Morning Person



Don't mess with Laura when she is sleeping she might stab you in the head!! A funny panel between these two. Gabby really wants pancakes and Laura wants to sleep. The interaction between the two characters is what makes this book so good.

1. Saga #54 - A Father And His Daughter




Sad to see this series not return for an entire year. However, this book leaves its mark with Hazel having a final moment with her dad. This moment is so powerful when Hazel explains to her dad, Marko, that she is different and if that is okay and he simply states as long as you treat people right. Such a wonderful moment between father and daughter.


Top 5 Panels of the Week - 7/25/18

Justice League Dark #1 - Need Assistance?
Action Comics #1001 - The Secret Life of Lois Lane
The Amazing Spider-Man #2 - I Never Stopped Loving You
We Are The Danger #2 - I Ship Them
Saga #54 - Not Everybody Gets To Grow Old
Action Comics #1001 - I Can't Stop Myself!
X-23 #2 - That's Bananas!
Mr. & Mrs. X #1 - Right on the Tip of My Tongue...
The Flash #51 - The Birth of the Flash Museum!
The Amazing Spider-Man #2 - Face it, Tiger, You Just Hit the Jackpot!
Teen Titans #20 - Goes The Dynamite!
The Flash #51 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generation....
DC's Beach Blanket Bad Guys Summer #1 - That's What Friends Are For....
The Amazing Spider-Man #2 - For Better Or Worse....
DC's Beach Blanket Bad Guys Summer #1 - W.W.S.D.
The Amazing Spider-Man #2 - Is This A Dream?
Infinity Wars Prime #1 - K.O.
Mr. & Mrs X #1 - Spiders Are Icky
X-23 #2 - Not A Morning Person
Saga #54 - A Father And His Daughter
Created with PollMaker

To find a comic shop near you, visit Comic Shop Locator or call 1-888-comicbook.
For Interviews, News, Previews, Reviews, & more check out Comic Frontline 
Follow & Like Us On TwitterFacebookTumblrGoogle +, & YouTube
Let us know in the comments what you think of this Comic Frontline Article and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment