Monday, September 10, 2018

Top 5 Panels of the Week - 9/5/18


Welcome Comic Frontline's Top 5 Panels! This is where the Frontline Six unite to pick their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week's post we will announce the winner from the poll.

Fan Panel Pick From Last Week - Runaways #12 - Star Crossed Lovers 


KAT

Honorable Mention - Vampironica #3 - Like My New Look 



Veronica decides to save Betty, and looks like she will be joining the vampire hunting crew. 

5. Astonishing X-Men #15 - Where Is Our Private Jet?


I just love that they are all losers, and can't even use the word X-Men for their team.

4. Injustice 2 #33 - I Don’t Want To Die Alone


I'm not even a big Booster Gold and Blue Beetle fan, but this scene got to me.

3. Snotgirl #11 - The Dream Girl


Lottie is finally admitting her true feelings for Coolgirl here.

2. Snotgirl #11 - What about me!


Lottie is jealous that Charlene came out before her. Classic Lottie, she makes someone else's coming out story about her.

1. Paper Girls #24 - You Die When You Die


It takes a life or death experience with KJ for Mac to realize that even if you’re a time traveler you can’t change your fate. So you have to live the life you are given.

BRANT

Honorable Mention - Astonishing X-Men #15 - Not as Bad as You Think I Am


I've always loved Havok (though I prefer the X-Factor costume to the more classic goofy head thing one), and I like that he was given some respect here.

5. Vampironica #3 - Archie, Vampire Slayer!




That's all I see here. Archie is Buffy. And I kind of love it...

4.  Asgardians of the Galaxy #1 - And... And... Thunderstrike


Nice little dig at Thunderstrike in a book that was much better than I expected.

3. Vampironica #3 - Full Moon Madness


A nice little nod to Jughead: The Hunger?

2. Batman #54 - Linebacker Bane


This was just a funny line amidst a lot of funny lines in this issue.

1.  Adventures of Super Sons #2 - Electric Super-Boy Boogaloo!/ Superboy Red And Blue


Split in two?! Red and Blue?! No, Damian, we have no idea what Red Kryptonite does... haha

CHRIS

5. Justice League #7 - Three Of You Must Die!



4. Batman #54 - Don't Give Up On Them!



3. Batman #54 - I've Got You....


2.  Justice League #7 - Jaws Of Defeat & Utter Humiliation!


1.  Adventures Of The Super Sons #2 - Superboy Red & Blue?!/Electric Super-Boy Boogaloo!



JAY

Honorable Mention - Batman #54 - The Big One....


Not the big penny, the big cry, the big breakdown. This is the beginning of the Batman's breakdown and his first son is there for him.

5. Astonishing X-Men #15 - Not as Bad As You Think....


Havok is such an overlooked character it is so great to see him show that he deserves more respect and credit.

4. Adventures Of The Super Sons #2 - Superboy Red & Blue?!/
Electric Super-Boy Boogaloo!


Man I love this series. Jon is divided in two and is about to take on The Gang and Damien has no idea what is going on behind him. We need more Super Sons in our lives.

3. Astonishing X-Men #15 - Cyclops....


I am ALL about this scene! Come on FINALLY someone remembers that Scott wasn't a giant fizzy douche that he inspired people. It is almost like a little wake that Havok never got to have for his brother. But also look at James, he actually looks like a Native American, not just a white guy with long hair. 

2. Batman #54 - I've Got You....


Bruce isn't known for being an emotional rock, but here we see that fatherly side of him with his first son, Dick. Somewhere I would imagine Alfred was watching and being proud.

1. Batman #54 - I'm Here....


I love that Bruce is breaking down and Dick is there for him.I hope the rumors about what is going to happen to Dick is just that rumors because I don't want him forgetting this.


Top 5 Panels of the Week - 9/5/18

Astonishing X-Men #15 - Where Is Our Private Jet?
Injustice 2 #33 - I Don’t Want To Die Alone
Snotgirl #11 - The Dream Girl
Snotgirl #11 - What about me!
Paper Girls #24 - You Die When You Die
Vampironica #3 - Archie, Vampire Slayer!
Asgardians of the Galaxy #1 - And... And... Thunderstrike
Vampironica #3 - Full Moon Madness
Batman #54 - Linebacker Bane
Adventures of Super Sons #2 - Electric Super-Boy Boogaloo!/ Superboy Red And Blue
Justice League #7 - Three Of You Must Die!
Batman #54 - Don't Give Up On Them!
Batman #54 - I've Got You....
Justice League #7 - Jaws Of Defeat & Utter Humiliation!
Astonishing X-Men #15 - Not s Bad As You Think....
Astonishing X-Men #15 - Cyclops....
Batman #54 - I'm Here....
Created with PollMaker


To find a comic shop near you, visit Comic Shop Locator or call 1-888-comicbook.
For Interviews, News, Previews, Reviews, & more check out Comic Frontline 
Follow & Like Us On TwitterFacebookTumblrGoogle +, & YouTube
Let us know in the comments what you think of this Comic Frontline Article and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment