Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Top 5 Panels Of The Week - 4/10/19


Welcome Comic Frontline's Top 5 Panels! This is where the Frontline Six unite to pick their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week's post, we will announce the winner from the poll.

Fan Panel Pick From Last Week - Young Justice #4 - Group Hug


KAT

Honorable Mention - Bettie Page #3 - The Betties Kick Ass 



There were some great action sequences in this issue, and I loved the spunk that we got with this epic team up between Bettie Page and Queen Elizabeth.

5. The Unstoppable Wasp #6 - “I’m Gay and I’m Dating An Assassin”


I love Janet just being a mom. haha

4. Incredibles 2: Secret Identities #1 - I’m Like You


The secret identity reveal is one of my favorite comic book tropes. I like that Violet has found someone else with powers that's her age, even if this may bring some trouble to her doorstep. 

3. The Unstoppable Wasp #6 - Mama Wasp


I love that Janet uses her second super power of fashion to help Ying out. Once again, I'm really enjoying Janet being the surrogate mom to these kids.

2. Batman #68 - We Are Friends, Aren’t We?


Lois learning a thing or two from Catwoman. I'm really enjoying this budding friendship. I hope we get to see more of them in the future.

1. The Unstoppable Wasp #6 - Be Yourself


I loved how Ying stood up for her girlfriend, and how they like each other just for being themselves.


CHRIS

5. Detective Comics #1001 - The Arkham Knight


4. Ghostbusters 35th Anniversary - The Real Ghostbusters #1 - Petey Doesn't Like Cuddles




3. Wonder Twins #3 - The Greatest Power



2.  Symbiote Spider-Man #1 - Never Forget




1.  Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #5 - No More One More Day



No we wouldn't want to do that Pete.

JAY

Honorable Mention - Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #5 - Blair @#$% Rimington!


This is why I love Tom Taylor's Spider-Man, even though this is one of the most profound moments in his life Peter still makes a dad joke that makes you laugh.

5. Avengers: No Road Home #9 - ...He Only Helps


I NEED this Hercules more in comics right now! Please, Marvel, bring this team together more than once a year.

4. Batman #68 - Batman's Worst Nightmare!


Tom King is a KING! I loved this issue, but this part right here has me wanting him to write a Superman/Batman ongoing! I love how he gets the biggest difference between these two.

3. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #5 - In Danger...


Unless you had that moment you have no idea how powerful this panel is.

2. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #5 - Your Son


Tom Taylor had me worried that Peter wasn't going to be there for Aunt May, but having him show up and not just showing up but being called her son made it right. Now, where are her other sons, Ben and Kaine? I hope Taylor doesn't forget about them in this story.

1. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #5 - Where Else Would I Be?


I said it in my Review Of This Issue Tom Taylor has a real honesty when it comes to Aunt May having cancer and if you been there you know he hits all those emotional beats, maybe a little too close to reality.

MIKE SPIDER-SLAYER 

5. Symbiote Spider-Man #1 - Your Fly is Open


This one scene had me laughing for about 5 minutes. I mean I was crying. Peter David wrote Peter Parker very well in this issue.

4. X-23 #11 - Gabby Vs. Laura

The fight between Laura and Gabby was so heart breaking. This Issue really pulled at the heart strings.

3. X-23 #11 - You're Gone


Didn’t I say this issue was heartbreaking! Now that Gabby has left how does Laura even begin to deal with life without her?

2. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #5 - No More One More Day


I really liked how Dr. Strange shot the idea down right from the start that there are forces that should be left undone when it came to Aunt May’s Cancer. THANK YOU TOM TAYLOR FOR NO MEPHISTO!
 
1. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #5 - Where Else Would I Be?


    
This was a wonderful scene as Peter shows up for Aunt May’s first round of chemotherapy, after he was too scared to face that he could loose the closest person to him. Very touching moment, good luck Aunt May the fans love you!!


Top 5 Panels Of The Week - 4/10/19

The Unstoppable Wasp #6 - “I’m Gay and I’m Dating An Assassin”
Incredibles 2: Secret Identities #1 - I’m Like You
The Unstoppable Wasp #6 - Mama Wasp
Batman #68 - We Are Friends, Aren’t We?
The Unstoppable Wasp #6 - Be Yourself
Detective Comics #1001 - The Arkham Knight
Ghostbusters 35th Anniversary - The Real Ghostbusters #1 - Petey Doesn't Like Cuddles
Wonder Twins #3 - The Greatest Power
Symbiote Spider-Man #1 - Never Forget
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #5 - No More One More Day
Avengers: No Road Home #9 - ...He Only Helps
Batman #68 - Batman's Worst Nightmare!
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #5 - In Danger...
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #5 - Your Son
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #5 - Where Else Would I Be?
Symbiote Spider-Man #1 - Your Fly is Open
X-23 #11 - Gabby Vs. Laura
X-23 #11 - You're Gone
Created with PollMaker


To find a comic shop near you, visit Comic Shop Locator or call 1-888-Comic-Book.
For Interviews, News, Previews, Reviews, & more check out Comic Frontline 
Follow & Like Us On TwitterFacebookTumblrGoogle +, & YouTube
Let us know in the comments what you think of this Comic Frontline Article and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment