Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Top 5 Panels Of The Week - 5/8/19


Welcome Comic Frontline's Top 5 Panels! This is where the Frontline Six unite to pick their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week's post, we will announce the winner from the poll.

Fan Panel Pick From Last Week- Champions #5 - An Old Friend



KAT

5. Red Sonja  and Vampirella Meet Betty and Veronica #1 - I Will Remedy This


Red Sonja is a superstar!

4. Betty & Veronica #5 - You Rubbed Off On Me


They make each other better, and that's what I love about their friendship.

3. Unstoppable Wasp #7 - Cassie Lang


Nadia spreading the love about the awesomeness that is Cassie Lang!

2. Unstoppable Wasp #7 - My Team


I liked how Whitley was able to embrace both the new and old Young Avengers in this panel. And Viv's "error" moment was priceless!

1. Unstoppable Wasp #7 - I Got You A Team-Up



Cassie is a pretty great gift giver, best birthday ever!

BRANT

Honorable Mention - Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6: Awww


I was torn between this and my #1 panel, as this was the reveal of Spider-Bite being a sick kid playing make believe with Spider-Man. Very touching page that lead to my favorite panel of the week.

5. Shazam! #5 - Breathtaking!



I love this page of Mary Marvel in full transformation and the sassy self-awareness she exhibits here. I also like the previous page's last panel where she belittles King Kid before transforming. Great sequence.

4. Batman and the Outsiders #1 - I'm Challenging You


Katana is stepping up and doing exactly what Black Lightning wanted her to do right from the jump and I love it!

3. Wonder Twins #4 - SEVENTEEN FREAKING YEARS OLD!/ Perspective!


Man, I wish I had Zan's outlook when I was that age! It's so true and if more people had that kind of attitude it would be a much happier time in our lives!

2. Supergirl #30 - Krypto?


Man, this is the first issue I've read in a long time, and I loved parts of it, this one in particular. Krypto being the "voice" of reason, and the thing that pulls Kara back from the edge was brilliantly done!

1. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6 - Your Day's Not Over  

Man, I just loved this issue, and this page/panel was a perfect way to end it with Spidey taking the kid out for a real swing. It was revealed earlier that he wasn't sure he'd wake up again and didn't want their play date to end, and this is how Spidey caps it off. Beautiful, touching, and befitting a hero like Spidey!

CHRIS

5. Batman and the Outsiders #1 - I Need A Partner



4. Detective Comics #1003 - We Need a Robin Signal




3. Symbiote Spider-Man #2 - So Much Spidey Hate


2.  Shazam! #5 - Breathtaking!


Breathtaking for sure.

1. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6 - Your Day's Not Over!

Best page in an amazing book.

JAY

5. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6 - Stop Hitting Yourself!


This had me cracking up as the younger brother I been in Doc Ock shoes and I been in Spider-Bites so this was so much fun for me, had me cracking up.

4. Oberon #4 - Puck You Loki!


YES! Puck is here! Screw Loki Puck is the original trickster!

3. Wonder Twins #4 - Perspective!/SEVENTEEN FREAKING YEARS OLD!


Goals! I love how positive Zan is, most people would be crushed if this happened to them but Zan takes that and turns it into a positive knowing he now has a life-long friend.

2. Oberon #4 - ...You Probably Think This Panel Is About You...


One of my all-time favorite panels and one of my new all-time favorite lines! Ryan Parrott is a freaking genius, I am totally stealing this line to say to certain people LOL!

1. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6 - Your Day's Not Over!


This is why I love this series! This series is all about the heart of who Spider-Man/Peter Parker is. For years (since the '90s) I counted Ben Reilly as my favorite Spider-Man because he was like the Spider-Man I loved as a kid and now Tom Taylor (Not Tom King people!) is making me re-evaluate the standings.

MIKE SPIDER-SLAYER 

5. Symbiote Spider-Man #2 - Rey Mysterio?


Love how this c Lister called Mysterio, Rey Mysterio the wrestler and never heard of him before.

4. Shazam! #5 - Breathtaking!


You have to appreciate the amazing art work for this page, and I also enjoyed Mary where she was just a little conceited here and says I know I'm breathtaking LOL

3. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6 - The Sinister Sixty


If this were actually real I would love to see the Sinister Sixty do battle against Spider-Man.

2. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6 - He May Never Wake Up


Sad moment realizing that if the boy goes to sleep that he's afraid that he won't wake up again and then Spider-Man realizes today is not complete yet.

1. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6 - Your Day's Not Over!
    


This issue just pulled at the heartstrings as I was literally crying in the last two pages of this book. I so enjoyed Spider-Man making this young boys wish come true.


Top 5 Panels Of The Week - 5/8/19

Red Sonja and Vampirella Meet Betty and Veronica #1 - I Will Remedy This
Betty & Veronica #5 - You Rubbed Off On Me
Unstoppable Wasp #7 - Cassie Lang
Unstoppable Wasp #7 - My Team
Unstoppable Wasp #7 - I Got You A Team-Up
Shazam! #5 - Breathtaking!
Batman and the Outsiders #1 - I'm Challenging You
Wonder Twins #4 - SEVENTEEN FREAKING YEARS OLD!/ Perspective!
Supergirl #30 - Krypto?
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6 - Your Day's Not Over
Batman and the Outsiders #1 - I Need A Partner
Detective Comics #1003 - We Need a Robin Signal
Symbiote Spider-Man #2 - So Much Spidey Hate
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6 - Stop Hitting Yourself!
Oberon #4 - Puck You Loki!
Oberon #4 - ...You Probably Think This Panel Is About You...
Symbiote Spider-Man #2 - Rey Mysterio?
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6 - The Sinister Sixty
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #6 - He May Never Wake Up


To find a comic shop near you, visit Comic Shop Locator or call 1-888-Comic-Book.
For Interviews, News, Previews, Reviews, & more check out Comic Frontline 
Follow & Like Us On TwitterFacebookTumblrGoogle +, & YouTube
Let us know in the comments what you think of this Comic Frontline Article and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment