Monday, July 22, 2013

All New X-Men #14 review




OH MY GOD PROFESSOR X IS BACK!!!!!!! Well kind of…anyways I guess Jean Grey read more of the X-Men’s minds than we thought. Issue 14 starts with Jean projecting an image of the Phoenix in to every ones minds (by mistake only meaning to hit the “bad guys”), which leads Logan to attack her.

After that we see the Phoenix wasn’t really there. Professor X then shows up but it turns out to be a projection by Lady Mastermind at the end of the issue, Jean pretty much saves the day. Okay I was cool with her leading the team and I was even cool with her gaining more control over her powers (even though she had trouble controlling them in the comics but what ever). However, Jean saving the day by her self I am not okay with. Aside from one or two take downs by the rest of the X-Men Jean takes everyone else down by her self. As an X-Men fan this feels like a slap across the face from Marvel its called X-Men for a reason, as in more than one person, yet all I saw in this issue was Jean kicking @$$ and everyone else standing around saying “Jean sure is swell isn’t she.”

On the other hand, I am enjoying the relationship between Scott and his brother. However not even that will save issue 14. I have to give this a 2/5. The story has a lot and I mean A LOT of plot holes from the cover to the end. I can’t help but feel like someone showed me this awesome magic trick and then showed me how it was done and now it just seems dumb. I really do wish I could give this a higher rating but if I did that I would be lying to you the readers and myself, with that being said 2/5 is the final rating on Issue 14.

I am CJ and until next time happy reading

No comments:

Post a Comment