Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Moon Knight #1 Review


By: Jay Reyes


Moon Knight is a very interesting individual, but is his character interesting enough to keep me entertained?



Marc Spector is Moon Knight!.... Or is he? Meet Mr. Knight, a concerned citizen who helps the police. There is a Slasher out there and the police have called Mr. Knight for help. But even with the mystical force of Khonshu fueling his crusade, how does the night’s greatest detective save a city that’s as twisted as he is? 


The Good: Warren Ellis and Declan Shalvey on the same book equals instant win. Warren's excellent writing and Declan's amazing artwork have made me a fan of a character that I have never read or even really cared about.


I believe that a first issue should pull the reader in and keep the reader enticed. The first issue has to be good enough for me to pick up the second issue and this issue was a prime example of a good first issue. Moon Knight’s new suit is super classy and a sight to see. The humor in this book is natural but is also mixed in with legitimate emotion coming from Marc Spector aka Moon Knight.


The Bad: There weren't very many bad points in this issue. up until the end. I didn’t like how they might take away the mythological side Moon Knight's character and replacing it with a problem with Marc Spector's brain.


Overall: I really liked this issue and it brought a lot to the table. This is by far my favorite  All-New Marvel NOW! books thus far dethroning last week's Fantastic Four. I hope the series continues to kick ass.


Let us know in the comments what you think of Moon Knight #1 and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

All images are courtesy of Marvel Entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment