Sunday, April 20, 2014

Kat's Pull List for 4/23/14


Kat talks about all the comics she is getting this week. Check out what Kat is excited for in this week's pull list.



Dark Horse



Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #2

I thought the first issue of this series was okay, but since it is Buffy I want to give this series a fair shot. This may be the make it or break it issue for me. (Exclusive to Comic Frontline)

DC Comics



Batman Eternal #3

This may be one of my most anticipated issues of the year. I am a big Stephanie Brown fan, and this is the long awaited first appearance of her character in the New 52. I hope they stay true to her character.



The Flash #30

The new creative team starts for The Flash this week. I am excited, but a little hesitant. Robert Vendetti is the new writer for the series, and I don’t really like the direction he has taken Green Lantern. I hope he has a better direction with the Flash, but I am excited to see what he does with Wally West in the Annual.



Justice League United #0

I am pretty excited to read this issue this week. I really like the rooster for the team and I want to see Jeff Lemire’s take on the Justice League. I am still curious how they are going to tip toe around Supergirl being a Red Lantern and on the Justice League.



Red Lanterns #30

Red Lanterns has been a middle ground series for me. Still don’t know where the Supergirl story arc is going, but I guess we will see. (Exclusive to Comic Frontline)



Secret Origins #1

I am a sucker for origins. Even though this has a higher price tag I can still see myself getting this series every month.

Image



Lazarus #8

I like the premise of this series, but the story is moving at a snail’s pace. I don’t know how long this series will stay on my pull list.  (Exclusive to Comic Frontline)



Shotgun Wedding #4

I really had a lot of fun with this mini series. So, I am excited to see how it ends. I recommend this mini series if you haven’t read it. It was very under the radar. (Exclusive to Comic Frontline)

Marvel



Avengers Undercover #3

I am still on the fence with this series. I like it, but I don’t know if I love it enough for it to stay on my pull list. (Exclusive to Comic Frontline)



Daredevil #2

I love Mark Waid on Daredevil. Can’t wait to see how his adventure in San Francisco continues. (Exclusive to Comic Frontline)



Elektra #1

I always wanted to get into Elektra’s character. I hope this will be a good solo series for her. It is perfect to release it when Daredevil is also coming out the same week.



Fantastic Four #3

This is the best Fantastic Four series in awhile. I am excited to see how the series continues. It feels like it has been awhile since issue 2 came out. (Exclusive to Comic Frontline)



Guardians of the Galaxy #14

I did drop this series for a little while. I felt that the series didn’t really have a direction. It seems like after Trials of Jean Grey it has more of a story to tell. I am adding the title back on my pull list, especially with Venom and Captain Marvel joining the team.



Original Sin #0

I am not really excited about Original Sin. Marvel hasn’t had a great major 616 event in years. I never cared about The Watcher either. But I had to give the first issue a fair shot.



Superior Spider-man Team Up #12

I am pretty sure that this is the last issue of the series. I think this was a better Spider-man series than the previous Avenging Spider-man that had more one shot stories. This had continuing story arcs that actually tied into Superior Spider-man.



Uncanny Avengers #19

I randomly picked up the last issue because this story arc seemed interesting. I am glad I did because the last issue was pretty solid. Hope to see this Avenger title stay on my pull list. (Exclusive to Comic Frontline)

No comments:

Post a Comment