Saturday, May 3, 2014

Kat's Pull List 5/7/14


Kat talks about all the comics she is getting this week. Check out what Kat is excited for in this week's pull list.




Boom Studios




The Woods #1

This looked like an interesting title. The summery on the Boom website says that it is similar to Morning Glories, one of my favorite comic book series. So, I have to give this series a try. I am sucker for teen comic book stories. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 47)

Dark Horse



Angel and Faith Season 10 #2

I didn't love the first issue, but I have to give this series a fair chance. I would love to get a Buffy/Angel title monthly, but it seems like I might have to go back and get the trades depending on how this issue goes. (Exclusive to Comic Uno 47)

DC Comics



Batman Eternal #5 

I have been loving Batman Eternal, and it is great that we don't have to wait long for the next issue because it is a weekly series. This week we get to see Red Robin shine. Hope to see a good Tim Drake New 52 story, because I haven't read one since the New 52 started. 



Detective Comics #31

Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellatto is one of my favorite creative teams. Can't wait to see what they do with Batman. I thought their first issue was a solid start. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 47)



Earth 2 #23

Earth 2 has become one of my favorite series ever since Tom Taylor took over. Really excited for the Superman and Lois Lane interaction. 



Green Arrow #31

I have a love/hate relationship with the new Green Arrow series. I like where the story is going and it always leaves us with great cliffhangers, but this is still not my Oliver Queen. This series needs to lighten up a little bit more or at least make the supporting cast more interesting. 



Futures End #1

A month after Batman Eternal a new weekly series is coming to DC Comics. This one I am a little bit more hesitant about buying every week. This will be a big title with major changes to the DC universe, but they are using C-list DC characters that I don't know if I will care enough about to follow their stories every week. 

IDW



Powerpuff Girls #9

I have been having a blast reading Powerpuff Girls. It is a really fun series that has the same tone as the television series. The Rowdy Ruff boys return in this issue! I wonder what trouble they will get themselves into. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 47)

Image



Madame Frankenstein #1

I don't much about this title, but it looked interested from the summary. I am going to give the first issue a try. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 47)



Real Heroes #2

I was a little disappointed with the first issue of this series, but still very excited by the premise of the story. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 47)

Marvel



The Amazing Spider-man #1.1

In this mini series Dan Slott will be retelling the first year origins of Spider-man. I am a sucker for origin stories as you guys know, and Spider-man is one of my favorite superheroes. So, I am pretty excited to see what Dan Slott does with this series. 



Iron Fist the Living Weapon #2

I was 50/50 on this series with the first issue. I am going to read the second issue and this may be the deciding issue to see if I will be continuing with this series. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 47)



Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-man #1

This is my most anticipated issue for the week. Miles Morales is one of my favorite characters that has been introduced in recent years. Loved Bendis' last run with the character and can't wait to see what other stories are in store. Even though he is with the Ultimates I hope to see his supporting cast still remain in this series also. 



Original Sin #1

I was really shocked by issue 0 of Original Sin, I really enjoyed it. I hope this can be a great event for Marvel. 



She Hulk #4

She Hulk has so far been a solid middle ground series. I really like the character and the direction the series is going. I just think the story needs a little push to make this series become outstanding. Hope this push will come sooner than later. 

Vertigo



The Wake #8

This issue was scheduled to come out last week, but it was delayed for an extra week. So, check out my last pull list article Here to hear my thoughts on the Wake. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 47)

Zenescope



Grimm Fairy Tales #97

I am getting Grimm Fairy Tales at whim. I always wanted to get into the series and I thought this would be a perfect point to jump on as we inch closure to issue 100. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 47) 

No comments:

Post a Comment