Friday, October 31, 2014

At The Movies with Jay and Kat: November Movies "Hunger Games Final Chapter Begins"


Kat and Jay are both TV/Movie junkies, and wanted to team up on a feature every month to share their thoughts on upcoming movies. Check out Kat and Jay's thoughts on the key movies coming out in November. November has some big movies coming out like Intersteller, Big Hero 6, and Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1.

November 7th


Big Hero 6




Kat's Thoughts: I am very excited for this movie! As you guys know I am a huge Disney and comic book fan. So, this movie intrigued me from the time it was announced. Big Hero 6 is based off of a Marvel comic book mini series with a big (no pun intended) influence from eastern culture. It infuses western and eastern cultures to create San Fransokyo. 

I am also very happy with the cast of this film, especially Ryan Potter (Supah Ninjas) playing Hiro. This film is coming out a year later after Frozen in the same month that Frozen was released. Can Big Hero 6 create its own name? That is my biggest fear walking into this film.


This is one of my most anticipated movies for this month and I hope this can be as good as Pixar's Incredibles.  


Jay's Thoughts: I am looking forward to this movie it looks fun and I read the original comic so I am going to see how they translated them into this how big a difference there is and all. This is a In Theater viewing for me.




Intersteller


Kat's Thoughts: Intersteller is another movie I am really looking forward to seeing this month. There have been a few trailers released for the movie, but I have been trying to avoid plot details at all costs that way I can go into this film with a fresh frame of mind. I have seen all of Christopher Nolan's films and I am always impressed by how each film is smartly crafted in different ways. There are a million different theories that you have after seeing a Christopher Nolan film. It also doesn't hurt that Matthew Mcconaughey stars in this film. I hope to see this film opening weekend with Big Hero 6.



Jessebelle 

Jay's Thoughts: This is a few weeks too late. If this would have came out Oct 31st or Oct 24th this would have been an in theater viewing, but a day later and $12.00 short since it isn't getting my in theater money. But will watch it next year on DVD or something.

November 14th

Beyond the Lights



Jay's Thoughts: This I can see a few people I know loving because it has that Love & Basketball feel, but I can see me dozing off during it. So a good date night movie for some and complete boredom for others. I won't see this in the theaters and probably not at all.


Dumb and Dumber To

Jay's Thoughts: I don't know why but I am down for this. I know we got the prequel and this is most ikely another mind numbing dumb fest, but I want to see it. Not every movie is about the Oscars and the drama sometimes you need to forget the world and be dumb enough to laugh at it.


Foxcatcher


Kat's Thoughts: WOW this looks intense! I haven't heard about the film until I started writing this article. This movie might be able to define Channing Tatum. This looks like a great character piece and possibly a great thriller. This movie has the possibility of redefining what sport films can be! I am going to try and see this in theaters.



Rosewater


Kat's Thoughts: Jon Stewart wrote and directed Rosewater and that is the most interesting part about this film. This was the first time I saw a trailer for this film or even heard of it. I like political thriller TV shows like Homeland and The Americans, but this film doesn't seem to interest me from what I saw in the trailer. 



  
 November 21st

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1



Kat's Thoughts: As you guys know I am a big Hunger Games fan, and this is my most anticipated movie for this month. This is the first Hunger Games film that has nothing to do with the games. The climax is finally here and Katniss is going to start a rebellion. I am excited for the different tone for this film!


Jay's Thoughts: Damn you Kat! She got me hooked so now I have to go see this movie. LOL



November 26th


The Penguins of Madagascar  



Kat's Thoughts: I have only seen the first Madagascar movie. It came out when I was a kid and I remember I had a fun time watching it. I am not going to see Penguins of Madagascar, but I think this will be a fun movie for the kids. Especially because kids might be familiar with the Nickelodeon TV show. 




Horrible Bosses 2


Jay's Thoughts: I liked the first Horrible Bosses, and I want to see this. Face it we all have/had that boss who was horrible this movie is kind of cathartic lol.


Let us know in the comments what you think of this At the Movies with Jay and Kat November 2014 Movies "Hunger Games Final Chapter Begins"  and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment