Thursday, February 5, 2015

At The Movies with Jay and Kat: February 2015 "Fifty Shades Of Film"


Kat and Jay are both TV/Movie junkies, and wanted to team up on a feature every month to share their thoughts on upcoming movies. Check out Kat and Jay's thoughts on the key movies coming out in February. February has some big movies coming out like Fifty Shades of Grey, Kingsman The Secret Service, Spongebob: Sponge Out Of Water and more. 

February 6th

The Seventh Son



Jay's Thoughts: This movie looks cool, very much in the medieval fantasy action genre, I like this genre, and this looks cool, but I am not sure if this is cool enough to see it in the theater. I will probably  Netflix  or DVD it.


Jupiter Ascending



Kat's Thoughts: This film was suppose to be a summer film, but for some reason was pushed back to February. This makes me skeptical about how good the film is going to be. If the studio doesn't have faith in it then why should the audience, but I do think Jupiter Ascending looks interesting enough to see in theaters. The visuals look as good as the summer blockbusters we saw last year. Let's hope the performances and the story can hold up.

Jay's Thoughts: This movie actually looks interesting to me, I might check it out in the theaters, I love a good action Sci-Fi movie. Plus the winged beast in the trailer make me hopeful for what Hollywood can do with a Parademon in the Justice League Movie


Spongebob: Sponge Out Of Water



Kat"s Thoughts: I grew up with Spongebob and there are episodes that I still find myself quoting. I saw the first film in theaters when I was in fourth grade and I remember thinking to myself that it was the downfall of Spongebob. The newer episodes were just not as classic. I haven't really seen the new episodes ever since. I am hoping this film can turn things around. I am going to see this movie in theaters and I am sure this will do very well in the box office. Spongebob is a huge franchise that has been longing for another film release.   



February 13th

Fifty Shades Of Grey   


Kat's Thoughts: I am not seeing this!


Jay's Thoughts: Like Kat I am not going to see this movie, which is essentially a Skinmax flick with a big screen budget. But I do know a lot of people (mainly women) who are going to be there to see this, and I think with it being Valentine's Day weekend I think it will be a big box office hit.



Kingsman The Secret Service



Kat's Thoughts: I was lucky enough to already see this movie and I say this is a must watch. It's unique and puts the spy genre on it's head! 



February 20th

The DUFF


Kat's Thoughts: At first I didn't really know what to think of this film. It has some of my favorite young actors, Robbie Amell and Skylar Samuel included, but the premise seems a bit shaky to me. I feel like I have seen it a million times, but at the same time after digesting the trailer for a while I think this can be a fun film for teens.  I am going to try and see this in theaters. 

Jay's Thoughts: This movie wasn't even on my radar, I read a description of it and thought it was another She's All That type of movie, which are good date night movies. Then I saw the trailer here and see that Mae Whitman is starring in it. I love her from Parenthood so this is a in theater movie for me.



Hot Tub Time Machine 2


Jay's Thoughts: This is a dumb comedy, and admit it we all love those from time to time. I will probably watch it just like I did the first when it comes on  Netflix  or DVD.

MacFarland, USA



Jay's Thoughts: Kevin Costner is hot right now. I loved his last two movies. I also think coming off of the success of  Black & White, people are going to want to see more of Kevin Costner. I personally like him in these type of inspirational movies, I think it goes back to Field Of Dreams for me, so I will see this in the theater.


Jane's Got A Gun



Kat's Thoughts: There is not much to say about this film because I can't even find a trailer for the movie. It's great to see Natalie Portman play a strong leading role, but I hope marketing doesn't destroy the film. 

Jay's Thoughts: I always liked westerns since I was a kid, they bring me back to watching them with my dad, but like Kat said what is this movie about? The trailer I found is a series of set pics. What is the plot? The only thing about this movie that is out there is all the controversy with this movie.


February 27th

The Lazarus Effect


Kat's Thoughts: I am usually not into these type of horror films, but I think Lazarus Effect has an interesting premise. Girl comes back to life with weird powers. What problems do you encounter when some one rises from the dead? Are they still the people you knew before? I might see this in theaters. 



The Vatican Tapes


   
Jay's Thoughts: This is like Jane Got A Gun, no real trailer out, and like John Campea said in this clip, I had my full with the exorcist movies right now. Too many of these types of movies have been coming out lately. And why in February?


 Focus



Kat's Thoughts: This looks kind of interesting to me. Not so much for the premise but because of the cast. Will Smith and Margot Robbie are the stars of the film and by watching the trailer it seems that they have pretty good chemistry. This might also be a good determinate for the Suicide Squad film.


Let us know in the comments what you think of this At the Movies with Jay and KatFebruary 2015 "Fifty Shades Of Film" and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment