Sunday, November 29, 2015

Mimi's Rapid Fire Reviews for Wonder Woman #46, Archie #4, All New Wolverine #2, DC Bombshells #5 and more!

Hi world, my names Mimi and here's my reviews for  DC Bombshells #5, Wonder Woman #46, Archie #4, All New Wolverine #2, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl#2, Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur. #1, Jacked #1, Black Magick #2, Outcast #13, Guardians of the Galaxy #2, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. #12 and Silk #1!



Agent's Of S.H.I.E.L.D. #12 
I love that this is a series that I don't consistently read but can always pick up and enjoy. The art isn't my favorite and the writing is simple enough but it is always fun to read.  FITZ GETS A MONKEY, at least in the comics. I'll take it. 

What I liked most:  That opening 2 pages of pain. 

What I disliked most: The story wasn't really holding my attention. I wanted Jemma to freak out over Asgardian technology but I didn't get that. 

Favorite quote(s): Coulson telling the leader he  owed him from issue #

Favorite page: The first two pages. 

Rating: 3.5 out of 5




Jacked #1
Oh Kripke, you've made it to the comic world and you entertain me so. I don't know what I expected when I picked up this comic. I ended up enjoying it in the end but I'm not sure how to feel about it over all. I want to keep on reading it though because Kripke is my man that brought me Supernatural. 

What I liked most:  The writing style 

What I disliked most: My current issue is not knowing names.  

Favorite quote(s): Our dear old dad talking about his life being shit. 

Favorite page: When the unnamed dad got his first trip on the Jacked drug. 

Rating; 4.5 out of 5





Guardians of the Galaxy #2
I really like this comic and this crazy run of the Guardians gang. It does make me want to go back and get a hold of the older comics from when they first started and everyone was different. It wasn't a major comic and I wish it was a trade already so I could keep on reading it all in one sitting instead of reading it in twenty minutes than wait for another month for the next issue.  I am rather curious to see if Peter's been altered as a character because of the Marvel movie verse compared to how he was in the older comics. 

What I liked most:  The "Clobbering time" moment was adorable. 

What I disliked most: The ending. Poor Peter, and everyone else of course.

Favorite quote(s): Drax wanting to take the Kree's Speer. 

Favorite page: The one with Kitty & The Thing vs the Kree chick. 

Rating; 4.8 out of 5

DC Bombshells #5
This is a series about pretty statues. Nothing else. I like the WW2 drama but I'm still not all that interested in the actual stories. I love the art and I'm just waiting for everyone to meet. I feel like I should jump ship on the comic and wait around for some trades to come out but at the same time, I'm invested in this nutty little comic. Plus the art keeps me wanting to read the story.

What I liked most:  Harley & Ivy's story.

What I disliked most: Stargirl & her sisters plot is bland. 

Favorite quote(s): Anything Selena said. 

Favorite page: When freaking Swampthing came out of no where.  

Rating: 3.5 out of 5





Archie #4
Oh Archie, how I never really read you as a kid but totally appreciate you now. This reboot has been fabulous each issue and Jug Head keeps on being great even when he doesn't  do much. I'm also happy that it isn't a Betty VS Veronica being angry at each other over Archie like it was in the older comics.

What I liked most:  The art for this comic series is fabulous. 

What I disliked most: The ending made me sad. 

Favorite quote(s): Archie's opening about the infamous lipstick incident. 

Favorite page: Betty smearing the lipstick on Archie. 

Rating; 5 out of 5





Wonder Woman #46
So that Variant cover is fabulous FYI. Each issue of Wonder Woman makes me want to hug her and also shower her in gifts because this fictional character is just to perfect for this world. Dina deserves all the awards and needs to be made President already. I loved that line about when your as powerful as she is you don't have to prove it but when you do it's great. Well, it was something like that, sorry I butchered it.

What I liked most:  Wonder Woman is a gift and I love her outlook on life and war.

What I disliked most: The ending wasn't my favorite of the other issues but that's just me.  

Favorite quote(s): Any time Wonder Woman spoke about war and Athos.

Favorite page: The sweat shop scene. 

Rating: 5 out of 5

Silk #1

So I keep on seeing Silk stuff online but haven't read anything with her as a main character until now. I really liked the style of this issue and I'm planning on continuing to read it.  This comic sold out super fast at my comic book store so go Silk! Keep up that sass and being a badass.


What I liked most:  Its sassy!

What I disliked most:  The ending made me sad. 

Favorite quote(s): The intro was fabulous.

Favorite page: Silk's shot of her NY apartment. 

Rating: 5 out of 5





All New Wolverine #2
Laura is awesome and I want to see her in the movie verse, but under Marvel ASAP. I didn't know she was apart of other comics until now so that's my bad. I throughly enjoy Laura as a character and I want to go back and read all of her other comics to be caught up and more emotionally invested in her than I already am.
What I liked most:  Laura & the youngest of the sisters banter when they first met. 
What I disliked most: Laura's boss is a dick. 
Favorite quote(s): "No one has to die."
Favorite page: The ending was fabulous. 
Rating: 5 out of 5.










Unbeatable Squirrel Girl#2

Why? I just, I don't know how to feel about it. Except that I feel like I lost some IQ points. 
What I liked most:  I guess the clothing montage panels. 
What I disliked most: To much to list. 
Favorite quote(s): Nothing 
Favorite page: Opening page. 
Rating: 2.5 out of 5












Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur. #1
Everything about this comic is fabulous. Lunella is adorable and I can't wait to see what happens to her next month. I want to see how her parents react to her dinosaur buddy, will Lunella try and hide her in a basement? WHAT WILL SHE DO WITH THE DEVIL DINOSAUR?! I NEED TO KNOW NOW, NOT IN A MONTH!
What I liked most:  Our little main character is adorable and I want her to succeed in everything. 
What I disliked most: The damn monkey guys ruining everything.  
Favorite quote(s): All of the voice over type moments were great.  
Favorite page: The first scene of our little Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. 
Rating: 5 out of 5









Black Magick #2

So I forgot to review Black Magick #1, that's on me. #2 however was just as badass as #1. The art is fabulous and I just wish I could draw like the team behind Black Magick.   
What I liked most:  Rowan talking to Alex about what happened 
What I disliked most: It ended..
Favorite quote(s): "You meet every week?"
"Batting religious obligations." 
Favorite page: The entire restaurant sequence.
Rating: 5 out of 5












Outcast #13
I can't wait for this to be a TV show. I mean it'll probably be super depressing but than again, so is the comic. 
What I liked most:  That badass ending. 
What I disliked most: Poor Meaghan doesn't have it easy. 
Favorite quote(s): No quotes per say just the normal Reverend stuff. 
Favorite page: The last page! WHO IS THAT GUY?
Rating: 5 out of 5














Ranking of the week: 

12) Unbeatable Squirrel Girl#2
11) DC Bombshells #5
10) Jacked #1
9) Shield #12
8) Outcast #143
7)  Black Magick #2
6) Guardians of the Galaxy #2
5) Silk #1
4) All New Wolverine #2
3) Wonder Woman #46
2)  Archie #4
1) Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur. #1


Let us know in the comments what you think of this Comic Frontline article, and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment