Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Dark Avenger's Top Picks For November 25, 2015

Top Picks for November 25, 2015
By Chris Ventura


This week has a lot of promise, interest, and RETURNS! I’m really excited for all my top picks this week and looking forward to some others from my other books to consider. Lots of books this week I guess last week was the calm before the storm. DC Comics definitely dominate the top picks this week along with only two independent books and two Marvel books. So off we go.



Top Picks:


-BATMAN AND ROBIN ETERNAL #8
This has been such a great series. I know I say this almost every week, to be honest I’ve reluctantly been waiting for an issue to disappoint just in the slightest and this series hasn’t. DC do us a favor and only do ONE weekly series at a time and you might be onto something! Mother is coming!

-DARK KNIGHT III MASTER RACE #1
I know A lot of people are either for or against this book. Personally I’m interested, DC has been promoting this book really hard with dozens of variant covers AND even a collector’s edition version of each issue. I’m going to try this series out and for better or worse I will tough it out to the end. Let’s see what Frank Millar has to offer.


-SUPERMAN LOIS AND CLARK #2
I loved this first issue and while it is MY Superman but under certain conditions…major one being he is now on the New DCU Earth with Lois and his son. I loved issue one, I don’t know what DC has in store for us in the future but I remain optimistic. This series proves there is still some old school heroes out there. The catch with Clark's powers is also very interesting, can’t wait to read this issue.


-WONDER WOMAN #46
Donna was not in a good place last we left her in this issue. A certain god has her eyes set on Wonder Woman, man the finches are doing AMAZING work with Wonder Woman. This story has been all about Donna so how will this arc conclude and where does Wonder Woman go from here.


-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #52
This has been one of my top books for almost every one of the 52 issue out (there were a few hiccups). Splinter is leading the foot clan; Mikey wants no part of his family while they are part of the Foot clan. Kitsune has something up her sleeve, and there is a traitor in their mists. So many branching stories, a new artist that’s taking me a bit to get use to but TMNT is an amazing series, and always a top recommended by of mine.


-SAGA #31
It’s finally back! This series has been so good since issue one and here we are now in the 3rd chapter of this story. Hazel seems to be taking the spotlight in this chapter but will Markos and Fiona find her after losing her several years back. Really all I can say is I’m excited to see what comes next.


-GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #2
I was iffy coming back to this series but after the awesome chemistry with Kitty leading the GOG I am definitely confidant Guardians is picking up right where it left off and that’s strong. My only question is how long will it take Peter before he gives up the throne and goes back to the guardians cause we all know he wants his freedoms back.


-ALL NEW WOLVERINE #2

This first issue was amazing; the art work shined the most in the splash pages. For anyone waiting for the next X-23 book here it is but now she takes up the mantel of her mentor Wolverine. Last issue set up for an interesting first story arc, I’m more excited to see where things go after the first arc. This is a must try series from Marvel in my opinion, one of my top five favorites so far!


Other books to consider:
  • CONAN THE AVENGER #20
  • GRAYSON #14
  • HE-MAN THE ETERNITY WAR #12
  • JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #5
  • SINESTRO #17
  • SUPERMAN #46
  • SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #23
  • GHOSTBUSTERS ANNUAL 2015
  • SPAWN #258
  • CHEW #52 
  • CARNAGE #2
  • DARTH VADER #13
  • SILK #1
  • VENOM SPACE KNIGHT #1
  • ARCHIE #4
  • JOHN CARTER WARLORD #13
  • X-O MANOWAR #42


Kiddie Corner:
  • UNCLE SCROOGE #8
  • WALT DISNEY COMICS & STORIES #725
  • MARVEL UNIVERSE ULT SPIDER-MAN SPIDER-VERSE #1
  • PEANUTS SNOOPY SPECIAL #1


Related Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment