Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Bravo's Weekly Anime Lineup #28

This week's anime screenshot is from Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine 

Spring anime season has just started! We are up for some pretty nice stuff and a few other Winter leftovers ending! Let's get right into it! Make sure your caught up though, wouldn't want to spoil something as huge as Attack On Titan for you guys! That's on the same level as spoiling The Walking Dead or Game Of Thrones! Anyway, let's roll! 

April 4th, Tuesday:

Onihei:

The final episode of this show, By introducing characters we've seen before, it was interesting. The action was pretty cool but the ending itself was very sad. A bunch of scenes stood out by basically either being really cool, or really sad.

In the end, I give this show a 6/10. I don't like it a lot to be honest. The art and animation is nice. The characters are kind of cool, and the music is fine but it doesn't strike a cord with me. It introduces some interesting stuff but I don't really like it a lot. I wouldn't watch it again but some of you might like it. It seems to be somewhat realistic and if your into that I recommend this. 

Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine:

This show is really cool! This show has kind of low ratings. I think it's really cool and don't get why. It's interesting how all the brothers actually look like their related. In a lot of anime's they all look very different. These prince's really interest me! Even the tsundere like male one is cute. The tutor really takes the cake, though.

He is hilarious since he's so deadpan and the part where he read the diary was hilarious. I can't figure out what tone this show is going for, though. It seems like it's mostly funny but can be serious. I think that since this prince seems to be self conscious of a lot of things. I love this so far! My only hope is that the prince's won't loose their personalities and the things that make them unique when the show ends. Other then that, this is great! 

April 5th, Wednesday:

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations:

This is actually my first time with anything Naruto related! For some reason I always avoided it but now that I've gotten a glimpse into it's universe, I have to say I really like it! Boruto is a great main character! Someone I can really get behind and acts realistically considering his age! The dynamic he has with his friends, including the new one with the glasses is nice as well! I don't know a lot about Naruto in his younger years but from what I can see, Boruto takes after him for sure! Naruto also seems like a pretty good father, if a little absent. I can't wait to see the stuff him and his new friend get into! 

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon:

Sadly, this is the conclusion of this. Her father tries to force her back home. They did a really good job of showcasing the feeling of emptiness when she left. That last scene where Kobayashi stuck up for her was great. I loved it! The ending it satisfying as well. I'm happy they will all be together and happy, even if dragon life is much longer.

I'm going to have to give this show a 9/10. It did have some parts that were kind of gross when it came to the fanservice. For the most part though it was an amazing show. It had great characters, music, art and animation as well! I would absolutely watch another season if it came out and I hope it does! I hope a new dragon shows up as well if that happens! I highly recommend watching this, it was one of the best shows of the season! I loved it a lot despite a few of it's more bothersome parts. The great far outweighs the bad! 

Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism:

This is an interesting one. It's about a reform school for delinquents, where the girls whip the guys into shape. I feel so many offensive jokes, I could make a book but I shall keep them to myself...for now at least, haha. I have to say I like the main guy. I find the girls to be irritating to be honest. None of them seem to have many redeeming traits thus far. All of them are just..types for lack of a better word. I actually root more for seeing the main guy kick them off the high horse they have put themselves on. It was interesting setup and I am intrigued though so it was fine I suppose! I hope it gets better. 

April 6th, Thursday:

Renai Boukun:

Oh boy. 

From now on this show will be called "Death Note's Drug Addict" Cousin. It is annoying, obnoxious and insane. All the girl character's are annoying thus far and the main guy is cliche. The show itself is even taking from Death Note and butchering it. Terribly.  I really don't like this. It also switches ploys like crazy! The show has the attention span of a child! It's just "DEMON GIRL WTH KISS NOTE OH HEY YANDERE GIRL WITH BIG BREASTS, OH NEW GIRL WITH POOFY HAIR TOOK IT TO MAKE HER SISTER FALL I N LOVE WI-" You see what I mean? That's what it was like watching it for me. The lack of commas and huge letters was intentional. I really don't like this at all so far. I hope it gets better and I'l give it a chance but I doubt it. 

Clockwork Planet:

I'm a bit dissapointed to be honest. I had really high hopes for this show. It has an interesting premise but the art is...not nearly as good as I hoped. I saw some stuff for the manga, it looked way better than this! I do wonder what will happen with this robot girl. I am intrigued by the world this takes place in for show. It reminds me of steampunk things. I do have a soft spot for that sort of thing! If the plot and characters get better, I'll be able to excuse the more cliche bits and the less quality art. Definitely an interesting one for Spring season! 

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭:

Episode 0! I love this series episode 0's. It has a really funny sense of humor. I love the 4th wall breaking and self awareness it has. I watched the first season to catch up so I could see this! I'm glad I did! The character's are as cute as ever and the art and animation may have gotten better! My hope for the second season is that we'll get to know all the girl's better! Especially the 2 that weren't covered as much last season! This was a great way to build anticipation and it was funny for sure! I look forward to seeing the show start now for sure! 

April 7th, Friday:

No anime was released today that I was supposed to review! Maybe next week? 

April 8th, Saturday:

Idol Memories:

How long until this show air's it's last two episodes? I feel like it's being dragged out  a lot. Whoever is in charge of uploading these is taking awhile. They almost failed but everyone worked it out in the end. I'm surprised by how fast it was. I'm quickly loosing interest though. I just want to see what's up with the headmaster and if they succeed or not. I guess I'll see soon. 

Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul:

Another one I quickly caught up with quickly for Spring season! This was amazing! I love the new girl so much! She is adorable! I love the archetype she seems to fall in. She has a lot of potential at becoming a really good character! The boy she likes would have nice chemistry as well. The fight scenes are as cool as always! I can't wait to see her team up with the other character's and how they'll discuss the fact that the demons are servants in this show! I'm so excited to see more! I know I'm going to love this season, just like the last one! It was a bit more angel themed last time, now for the demons of this world and what they do! 

Re:Creators:

Oh this one seems like it'll be really cool! The concept of a real person getting to interact with character's in a fictional world. Normally this concept is kind of cringy, but this was cool. I like the main character, and the fantasy character's. I hate to admit it but my favorite one is the bad guy so far. Still I really love the other two! Part of me wishes this would happen to me now. The anime makes it seem so reachable, I really like that feeling of a fantasy world being so reachable and close. It definitely has a great immersion factor, I love this so far and can't wait to see what happens next in it. Everything about it is amazing thus far! 

Nobunaga no Shinobi: Ise Kanegasaki-hen:

Yay this is back! These arcs look like they are going to be really fun! Already it's funny as it always is. The impenetrable castle bit and how she got in was funny. I love when she explained how she did it and the reaction. Nobunaga's reaction was priceless as well. I loved this it was cute and funny! It's nice to see they have a new member as well! 

Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season:

I love the layout of this competition. It reminds me of one of my favorite TMNT saga's, the battle nexus championship thing. The new student with the purple hair interests me. Why does he have the other ones carry him around during the first thing of the tournament? Deku will do really well now he has the motivation to win I can see it! I can't wait to see him use his power again, hopefully he's improved! I also like fire and ice guy. True he's kind of picking fights, but I still like him and seeing him do what he does is awesome. 

BanG Dream:

This episode dealt with the main character loosing her voice and the repercussions. It was depressing to be honest. She is is this shows ray of sunshine. Seeing her so put down and still trying to be happy is really sad. I admit I like her a lot, I want to hug her. In the end it seems they fixed it. I think the last two episode will be them auditioning and winning. Then them as an official band. I'm excited to see that! This was good even though it was kind of sad! 

Shingeki No Kyojin Season 2:

This episode was awesome! Sasha is one of my favorite characters. This episode focused on her which was awesome! She is so badass people really underestimate her! I loved her fighting that titan and how her Dad is proud of her now. She has definitely grown a lot and I'm proud of her. The other plots going on are interesting to. I wonder how the crazy religious guy will react to everything. The thing with Connie is interesting as well, I'm not sure why he's so terrified. I can't wait until next week! 

Eromanga-sensei:

Ugh, another series like Oreimo, huh? Well you guys seemed to be looking forward to this according to Myanimelist so let's jump into it I guess. For the record I've yet to it down and watch Oreimo, but I hear it has incest. From what I've seen though it doesn't and neither does this. She seems to be adopted actually. They have a cute thing going, I mean that more platonically they would work. They have a lot in common. It was funny when he found out it was her though. That was the best part! I'm excited to see how they bond from here, hopefully nothing weird or gross happens. I don't think it well...yet I also think I'll eat my words somehow. 

Sengoku Choujuu Giga:

The final episode of this was yet another song episode! It was actually kind of sad even though the lyrics were absolutely ridiculous. I didn't even laugh the ending was sad! I know that's how it ends in real life, with Akechi's betrayal but still. A good ending to the series! 

I give this show a 7/10. It has an interesting art style and animation. The story is funny and the short episodes work in it's favor. I liked it, but there were some boring episodes. I still recommend giving it a look. It was a fun interesting little watch for me! 

April 9th, Sunday:

Alice to Zouroku:

This was interesting. I think this show is going to mix seriousness and slice of life. I actually kind of appreciate that. This is most definitely based on Alice In Wonderland to some degree. I can't wait for the red queen to appear. The granddaughter is adorable! I love when her and Alice bonded and how Alice was scared at first! It was really nice and funny, but some parts of it were still sad. I can't wait to see Alice pretty much be added to this family. The granddaughter has already totally accepted her as a sister pretty much. This was great and I loved it for sure! This show looks like it'll be more promising then I originally thought! 

Little Witch Academia (TV):

This was hilarious and...interesting. I'll get the funnier parts out of the way first. When Akko went on strike with the fairies I laughed my ass off. That and her calling Diana out. Whats interesting is the whole anti tech thing this show is going with. I thought this show was about pushing against tradition, why is it bucking the system now? The new teacher is cool but she's probably the bad guy. I think she brainwashed the fairies into going savage like that. I can't wait for next week for sure! The whole Akko unlocking the word thing still hasn't gotten started yet! This is going to be awesome! 

April 10th, Monday:

Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho:

Look an anime with a furry main character! 

I'm sorry I had to make the joke. In all seriousness this actually looks pretty cool. The main character and his now witch sidekick he doesn't actually like as much, is funny. Partnerships that start out with tension are actually fun for me! The part with the fireplace was funny and the other witch boy was pretty funny as well. I can't wait to see where this goes! 

Overall:

This week was pretty awesome! We got to see some more cool shows coming to the forefront! The other ones that started last week are still going strong! My favorites were: The Royal Tutor, Boku No Hero Academia, Attack On Titan and Little Witch Academia. My least favorites were Onihei and Renai Boukun. 

I bid you adieu until my next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment