Monday, September 17, 2018

Top 5 Panels of the Week - 9/12/18


Welcome Comic Frontline's Top 5 Panels! This is where the Frontline Six unite to pick their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week's post we will announce the winner from the poll.

Fan Panel Pick From Last Week -Adventures of Super Sons #2 - Electric Super-Boy Boogaloo!/ Superboy Red And Blue



KAT

Honorable Mention -  Fantastic Four #2 - The Extended Family

  
An epic way to bring the team back together.  

5. Runaways #13 - The Pride


Will the Runaways become the new Pride? I really liked the way our heroes were categorized in this panel. 

4. Crowded #2 - How Do I Know I’m A Bad Person?


I just really like the conversation Charlie and Vita have here.

3. The Amazing Spider-Man #5 - I Love Peter, The Hero


Spencer really gets their relationship!

2. The Amazing Spider-Man #5 - Uncle Ben's Delicious Rice


This was hysterical!

1. Runaways #13 - I’m Leader!


Nico was the reluctant leader of the Runaways when Alex betrayed them. It really shows character growth as she takes a stand against Alex for leadership of her team.

BRANT

Honorable Mention - Runaways #13 - Like Old Times



I love this whole scene! Even though they hate Alex, it was like old times as they all stepped into their all to familiar roles.

I had SO many panels I wanted to do honorable mentions to (like the FF extended family, Uncle Ben's Rice, Adam Strange floating where Earth should be...), but rules are rules. :)

5. WWE NXT Takeover: Proving Ground #1 - I Just Need You to Look



I love this sequence as Samoa Joe comes into his own and rediscovers himself in NXT. Joe's gonna kill you! Joe's gonna kill you!

4. Crowded #2 - You Forgetting Something?


Haha, I love how our Defender is a comic book geek!

3. Champions #24 - Give Up Or Stand Up


This conversation between Kamala and Miles was fantastic, and showed both the strength of their friendship and the strength of Kamala's character and future leadership skills!

2. Fantastic Four #2 - I Swear That Boy Reminds Me of Someone...


Hmm... not ringing any bells... who could it be...? Love this panel and the look on Sue's face.

1.  Amazing Spider-Man #5 - I Love Peter, the Hero


I love Peter and MJ, and this just feels right. MJ realizing that she loves him not despite who he is, but BECAUSE of who he is. Love it!

CHRIS

5. Titans #25 - I Know Your Problem


4. Crowded #2 - A Sex Cape?



She totally has a sex cape.

3. Death of Superman Chapter 7 - Jimmy Meets Doomsday


2.  Fantastic Four #2 - The Extended Family


1.  The Amazing Spider-Man #5 - Uncle Ben's Delicious Rice


A joke that everyone says, and now so does Spidey. (I feel guilty for laughing so hard at this)

JAY

Honorable Mention - Mech Cadet #13 - In The End....


I love this scene seeing everyone together it ties the whole series together for me, and a great spot to do it at.

5. Fantastic Four #2 - I Swear That Boy Reminds Me Of Someone....


I loved this scene and it works on so many levels. Of course there is the obvious Namor comparison with Val and her suitor but it also works for Franklin who reminds me so much of Johnny right behind Reed and Sue.

4. Mech Cadet #13 - In Memoriam....


Such a powerful scene that shows both the human and Robo side of remembering their fallen and it adds more layers to Yu's story. I want and NEED a new series!

3. Fantastic Four #2 - Which Technically Makes Me Your God....


I LOVE this scene. I can not wait until they return I think Franklin is going to be a real favorite of mine when they do. I love how he is here this is going to bring a fresh new dynamic to the book.

2. Mech Cadet #13 - It's What We Do....


This series started with Olivia giving Sanford a hard time for being a custodian making him clean up after her and now here she is with him helping him tend to his father's grave along with the other Cadets, it is a great ending because they come full circle. 

1. Mech Cadet #13 - Catching Up With Dad....


I love this scene it is about Sanford and his mom catching up with his dad and it isn't any surprise that it is my number 1 panel, I am a sucker for a good Father Son scene and this is even more powerful.


Top 5 Panels of the Week - 9/12/18

Runaways #13 - The Pride
Crowded #2 - How Do I Know I’m A Bad Person?
The Amazing Spider-Man #5 - I Love Peter, The Hero
The Amazing Spider-Man #5 - Uncle Ben's Delicious Rice
Runaways #13 - I’m Leader!
WWE NXT Takeover: Proving Ground #1 - I Just Need You to Look
Crowded #2 - You Forgetting Something?
Champions #24 - Give Up Or Stand Up
Fantastic Four #2 - I Swear That Boy Reminds Me of Someone...
Amazing Spider-Man #5 - I Love Peter, the Hero
Titans #25 - I Know Your Problem
Crowded #2 - A Sex Cape?
Death of Superman Chapter 7 - Jimmy Meets Doomsday
Fantastic Four #2 - The Extended Family
Mech Cadet #13 - In Memoriam....
Fantastic Four #2 - Which Technically Makes Me Your God....
Mech Cadet #13 - It's What We Do....
Mech Cadet #13 - Catching Up With Dad....


To find a comic shop near you, visit Comic Shop Locator or call 1-888-comicbook.
For Interviews, News, Previews, Reviews, & more check out Comic Frontline 
Follow & Like Us On TwitterFacebookTumblrGoogle +, & YouTube
Let us know in the comments what you think of this Comic Frontline Article and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment