Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Top 5 Panels Of The Week - 10/31/18


Welcome Comic Frontline's Top 5 Panels! This is where the Frontline Six unite to pick their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week's post we will announce the winner from the poll.

Fan Panel Pick From Last Week - Spider- Gwen: Ghost Spider #1 - The Reveal



KAT


5. X-Men Black: Emma Frost #1 - Hail to Your New Dark King


This was such an Emma Frost moment!

4. West Coast Avengers #3 - Kate Hawk


This comic is bonkers and I love it. 

3. Heroes in Crisis #2 - Go Fish


This is the Harley we know and love!

2.  Heroes in Crisis #2 - Boop


This perfectly sums up Harley and Ivy's relationship!

1. Fence #11 - I’m Proud of You


Nicholas has worked so hard to get to this moment, and I just love the facial expression here.

BRANT

Honorable Mention - Heroes In Crisis #2 - Classic Harley


I had to include this panel for the visual of Harley Quinn back in her original costume alone. That was such a cool and fun thing to see.

5. Nightwing/Magilla Gorilla Special #1 - GRAPE APE!


I kept saying I just want to see Grape Ape in one of these, and here we got him! A bit brash, and cockier than I would care for, but I don't even care because I got to see him!


4.  X-Men Black: Emma Frost #1 - MallMart


This was just a funny scene, having Emma Frost have to meet the X-Men at their equivalent of a Wal-Mart was priceless.

3. Nancy Drew #5 - I Know


Sure, Bess stole Han Solo's line, but I just loved it anyway. This relationship has been one of the highlights of the book for me.


2. Old Man Hawkeye #10 - Total Eclipse of the Heart


First, Moonstone's appearance, man, that rock has not been good to her. But the exchange between Kate and Clint was funny and a classic Hawkeye moment.


1.  Heroes in Crisis #2 - Bat Feelings/I'm Sorry/They All Die


The great thing about this series so far is the deep emotion involved. And while most of my picks are lighthearted, I had to go with this one because this is Bruce Freaking Wayne breaking down about the lives lost at his own hands. It was deep, it was emotional, and it was Bats being real. Loved it.

CHRIS

5. The Terrifics Annual #1 - Luke-A-Like


....But it's my son.

4. Spider-Force #1 - Friendly Neighborhood P.S.A.!


Spider-Kid!!!!


3. Justice League/Aquaman: Drowned Earth #1 - You Had This Much Power....


Aquaman loses his powers.

2. Heroes In Crisis #2 - Bat Feelings/I'm Sorry/They All Die


I train partners and watch them all die.

1. Heroes In Crisis #2 - Then Which One Was I?


Who is Superman?



JAY

Honorary Mention - Heroes In Crisis #2 - Bat Feelings/I'm Sorry/They All Die

Such a powerful scene and maybe the most powerful is just seeing Batman say the words "I'm sorry", it just brings it home.

5. West Coast Avengers #3 - I Refuse To Answer That....


I loved this scene. But now I want to know what Clint dreams about.

4. Fence #11 - Because They, You Know....


Nicholas and Seiji don't know that Aiden and Jay were a thing, well as much of a thing as Aiden has. I wonder if they can't see it because they are too close to being it?

3. Spider-Force #1 - Friendly Neighborhood P.S.A.!


YES! He is here and he is.... The Friendly Neighborhood, Ultimate, Sensational, Spectacular, Uncanny, Astonishing, Amazing, Avenging, Superior Spider-Kid!!!! YES!!!! I love it! Now Marvel better not screw this up. I want a book, put him on a teenage team, and I want merchandise, lots and lots of merchandise, and then we can talk more!

2. Heroes In Crisis #2 - Bite My Lip....


I love how subtle feminist, and also maternal this scene is. Wonder Woman doesn't want to discuss her problems because their are others who have it worst so she bites her lip, this is what mothers do and I think this scene gives it strength that many do not see.

1. Heroes In Crisis #2 - Then Which One Was I?


My absolute favorite scene of the issue, seeing Clark expose himself, to be this vulnerable and FINALLY someone was able to make a good case of Clark being a mask. This makes me want to see how Tom King would write Superman monthly even more than the Wal-Mart Giant does.

MIKE SPIDER-SLAYER 

5. West Coast Avengers #3 - Lets Talk About This


Kate trying to reason with Tigra on getting some coffee was a fun moment! Love this book, don't care what anyone says.

4. Avengers Halloween Special #1 - Pulling A Negan


This overall book was very well done all the stories felt like this was an indy book. Here, Matt Murdock pulls out his brand new eyes as he was hallucinating, but just as he does that Kingpin is going to pull a Negan on him.

3. Spider-Force #1 - Roll Call, Please


Spider-Kid calling all the Spider-people super-friends had me cracking up. Come on Spider-Kid, don't you know Marvel from DC?

2. Heroes In Crisis #2 - Bat Feelings/I'm Sorry/They All Die


Tom King always does a great job at writing an emotional Bruce Wayne. Especially here, where he confesses how he feels about losing his family. It's heart breaking.

1. Avengers Halloween Special #1 - Monster Movie Action




This is so fitting for the week of Halloween. This scene reminds me of the movie The Thing - a Monster like Captain America is literally eating Deadpool and Tony Stark walks in on that crazy mess.


Top 5 Panels Of The Week - 10/31/18

X-Men Black: Emma Frost #1 - Hail to Your New Dark King
West Coast Avengers #3 - Kate Hawk
Heroes in Crisis #2 - Go Fish
Heroes in Crisis #2 - Boop
Fence #11 - I’m Proud of You
Nightwing/Magilla Gorilla Special #1 - GRAPE APE!
X-Men Black: Emma Frost #1 - MallMart
Nancy Drew #5 - I Know
Old Man Hawkeye #10 - Total Eclipse of the Heart
Heroes In Crisis #2 - Bat Feelings/I'm Sorry/They All Die
Heroes In Crisis #2 - Then Which One Was I?
The Terrifics Annual #1 - Luke-A-Like
Spider-Force #1 - Friendly Neighborhood P.S.A.!
Justice League/Aquaman: Drowned Earth #1 - You Had This Much Power....
West Coast Avengers #3 - I Refuse To Answer That....
Fence #11 - Because They, You Know....
Heroes In Crisis #2 - Bite My Lip....
West Coast Avengers #3 - Lets Talk About This
Avengers Halloween Special #1 - Pulling A Negan
Spider-Force #1 - Roll Call, Please
Avengers Halloween Special #1 - Monster Movie Action


To find a comic shop near you, visit Comic Shop Locator or call 1-888-comicbook.
For Interviews, News, Previews, Reviews, & more check out Comic Frontline 
Follow & Like Us On TwitterFacebookTumblrGoogle +, & YouTube
Let us know in the comments what you think of this Comic Frontline Article and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment