Monday, February 4, 2019

Top 5 Panels Of The Week - 1/30/19


Welcome Comic Frontline's Top 5 Panels! This is where the Frontline Six unite to pick their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week's post, we will announce the winner from the poll.

Fan Panel Pick From Last Week - Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #2 - Are They Mine?



KAT


Honorable Mention - West Coast Avengers #7 - It’s Jeff! 



I can't believe I can fall in love with a character with just one panel, but I'm in love with Jeff!

5. West Coast Avengers #7 - ASL

I love how Kelly Thompson puts Clint and Kate's close relationship on display. It's cool to see Kate know sign language because of Clint.

4. The Flash Annual #2 - Where is Everyone?


We need answers. I want a Flash family book!

3. Ms. Marvel #37 - A Heart Attack


I didn't expect to get that emotional punch, but it made the issue for me.

2. Batgirl #31 - Because of Me


This was a pretty powerful panel where Babs see's the consequences of her actions as Batgirl.

1. Action Comics #1007 - I Married Superman


Damn, I really loved this conversation! It's probably one of my favorite scenes of the series thus far.


BRANT

Honorable Mention - Heroes in Crisis #5 - There's BLOOD in the Way 



Love the metaphor here.

5. West Coast Avengers #7 - I Need a Love Story



Just edged out over the Jeff scene Kat mentioned, but scenes like this make me utter words I never thought I would: I just love Gwenpool!

4.  The Flash Annual #2 - Where is Everyone?


Like Kat said, we need answers!

3. Action Comics #1007 - I Married Superman


A great and powerful scene as Lois drops a bombshell on General Lane.

2. Teen Titans Annual #1 - I Will Hunt You Down...


Man, I would NOT want to cross D'Jinn!

1. Heroes in Crisis #5 - He Hit Me Good  


This is such an emotional scene for Harley that shows how truly tortured she is, both physically and psychologically.

CHRIS

5. Action Comics #1007 - I Married Superman


Lois and her dad.

4. Book of Magic #4 - Into the Dreaming




3. Heroes in Crisis #5 - The Nightmares


2.  The Terrifics #12 - Joyride


Plastic Man is totally dead.

1. Mysteries of Love In Space #1 - Never Alone




JAY

Honorable Mention: Heroes in Crisis #5 (Of 9) - Clues In Crisis...


Making this the "Top 5" really sucks because this panel is so awesome and deserves to be in the poll but I had to place the other five above it. Look at the freaking awesomeness in this, they worked out "Heroes In Crisis" into the art without being super obvious. I love this series, and I love the art this shows you how great it is, and I love looking for hidden clues.

5. Heroes in Crisis #5 (Of 9) - You Learn Something New Every Day


King gets every character right on the money and this relationship with Babs and Harley, I really dig it. To see two women who survived the abuse of the Joker team up without ever mentioning it directly is so powerful.

4. Action Comics #1007 - He Can't See My Faults...


Talking about getting characters! Bendis shows how much he knows Lois and Superman. I love how they see each other and Bendis does a great job showing us how they see each other.


3. The Flash Annual #2 - It's All Wrong!


YES! YES! YES! YES! Joshua Williamson gets it! One of Bart's powers is that he can sense changes in the timeline and FINALLY it is mentioned here, BUT that isn't all. I love the nods to Bart's history to the Flash Family here, this was so SPROCKING CRASH!

2. The Flash Annual #2 - Grief...


Sometimes you don't need words, just a visual and Scott Kolins does that here. This scene is so damn powerful, you feel Barry & Iris' grief and emotions pouring out of this page. 

1. The Flash Annual #2 - My... Wally...


Man talk about emotions! Kolins does it here we see Iris running the emotional gambit going through it all and Barry's emotions are so well defined as well. But I loved how Williamson knows the bond between Iris and Wally and that moment where she can barely utter those words, "My... Wally..." speak volumes. This is the best issue of The Flash I have read in years and panels like this illustrate why.


Top 5 Panels Of The Week - 1/30/19

West Coast Avengers #7 - ASL
The Flash Annual #2 - Where is Everyone?
Ms. Marvel #37 - A Heart Attack
Batgirl #31 - Because of Me
Action Comics #1007 - I Married Superman
West Coast Avengers #7 - I Need a Love Story
Teen Titans Annual #1 - I Will Hunt You Down...
Heroes in Crisis #5 - He Hit Me Good
Book of Magic #4 - Into the Dreaming
Heroes in Crisis #5 - The Nightmares
The Terrifics #12 - Joyride
Mysteries of Love In Space #1 - Never Alone
Heroes in Crisis #5 (Of 9) - You Learn Something New Every Day
Action Comics #1007 - He Can't See My Faults...
The Flash Annual #2 - It's All Wrong!
The Flash Annual #2 - Grief...
The Flash Annual #2 - My... Wally...

To find a comic shop near you, visit Comic Shop Locator or call 1-888-Comic-Book.
For Interviews, News, Previews, Reviews, & more check out Comic Frontline 
Follow & Like Us On TwitterFacebookTumblrGoogle +, & YouTube
Let us know in the comments what you think of this Comic Frontline Article and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment