Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Top 5 Panels Of The Week - 2/20/19


Welcome Comic Frontline's Top 5 Panels! This is where the Frontline Six unite to pick their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week's post, we will announce the winner from the poll.

Fan Panel Pick From Last Week - Captain Marvel #2 - Frontline LIVE


KAT


5. Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter #2 - The Shape Book


That shape book must be amazing, but I love this panel because it shows how much Danny and Jessica's friendship is growing.

4. Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter #2 - I Hate You


Kelly Thompson's characterization for Emma Frost was perfect in this issue!

3. Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter #2 - X-Rated


THE PUNS and that imagery is awesome!

2. Unstoppable Wasp #5 - I’m Not Okay


It's okay to not be okay. I really love the mother/daughter dynamic forming between Jan and Nadia.

1. Unstoppable Wasp #5 - I’m The Villain In This Story


What a powerful moment as Nadia discusses her feelings about being bi-polar.


BRANT

5. Uncanny X-Men #12 - Not This Time



A touching moment as we say goodbye to Guido/Strong Guy perhaps.

4. Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter #2 - I Hate You 



Love the writing on Emma in this issue.

3. Guardians of the Galaxy #2 - I Love You Come Back



Peter sees that Kitty gets him. Classic.

2. Teen Titans #27 - My Name is Damian Wayne/Vulnerability



Big reveal for the son of Batman!

1. Avengers: No Road Home #2 - Time to Settle Up



Oh man, Hawkeye's already lost so much, now the Hulk is bearing down on him!


JAY

Honorable Mention: Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter #2 - I'm Bloody Fantastic!


I am no fan of Emma, but I do love her when she is written right, and this is bloody fantastic!


5. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #3 - Patronizing Sarcasm...


Tom Taylor is killing it with Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, I just love the quick quips like this.

4. Teen Titans #27 - A Real Hero...


a HUGE Asian trope/stereotype is that Asian parent (especially mothers) always compare their children to other Asians and Mama Wu totally proves the trope/stereotype LOL.

3. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #3 - So, You Have... The Force?


I love the geek in Peter showing saying The Rumor has The Force! Again Taylor is KILLING it with this book he gets Peter and Spider-Man!

2. Avengers - No Road Home #2 - Time To Settle Up!


Clint is vulnerable and in walks, the Hulk ready to settle up things and damn this Hulk is truly scary!

1. Teen Titans #27 - Vulnerability/My Name is Damian


Damian is such a little prick, but here he opens up finally and is true, truly vulnerable which is super rare for him and I love it. Teen Titans is just an awesome outlet for Damian.


Top 5 Panels Of The Week - 2/20/19

Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter #2 - The Shape Book
Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter #2 - I Hate You
Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter #2 - X-Rated
Unstoppable Wasp #5 - I’m Not Okay
Unstoppable Wasp #5 - I’m The Villain In This Story
Uncanny X-Men #12 - Not This Time
Guardians of the Galaxy #2 - I Love You Come Back
Teen Titans #27 - My Name is Damian Wayne
Avengers: No Road Home #2 - Time to Settle Up
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #3 - Patronizing Sarcasm...
Teen Titans #27 - A Real Hero...
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #3 - So, You Have... The Force?
To find a comic shop near you, visit Comic Shop Locator or call 1-888-Comic-Book.
For Interviews, News, Previews, Reviews, & more check out Comic Frontline 
Follow & Like Us On TwitterFacebookTumblrGoogle +, & YouTube
Let us know in the comments what you think of this Comic Frontline Article and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment