Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Top 5 Panels Of The Week - 5/29/19


Welcome Comic Frontline's Top 5 Panels! This is where the Frontline Six unite to pick their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week's post, we will announce the winner from the poll.

Fan Panel Pick From Last Week - Legend of Korra Ruins of the Empire Part 1 - It Must Be Challenging to Be the Avatar’s Girlfriend



KAT

Honorable Mention - Fantastic Four #10 - That’s My Big Sis!


I love how proud Johnny is of his sis.

5. Angel #1 - Forever Can Be Cruel


A generation where nothing can be forgotten because we have to document everything on social media - I really enjoyed Angel's commentary here.

4. The Immortal Hulk #18 - All Smashed


A full view of Betty's new form, and her admitting that she was part of the reason her life got destroyed.

3. Heroes in Crisis #9 - Pretty Girl


Reunited and it feels so good.

2. Fantastic Four #10 - We Are All Smarter Than Your Dad /
Smartest One There Is


I love seeing Moon Girl and Valeria trying to one up each other.

1. Doomsday Clock #10 - I’m The Man of Inaction/I'm The Villain...


I love this comparison as Doctor Manhattan realizes he's the villain.

BRANT

Honorable Mention - Marvel Rising #3 - Have You Played it Yet?


Fun, topical reference, and I loved the previous Marvel Rising series where Ember comes from, cool name too, right? :)

5. Fantastic Four #10 - Smartest One There Is / We Are All Smarter Than Your Dad



Luna and Valeria square off in the intelligence game, but Reed's just proud. Classic.

4. Superman/Leviathan Special #1 - You Suck at it


Love this line, so in line with who Superman is. A little contradictory to their Spyral feint in Action, but still...

3. Marvel's Spider-Man: City At War #3 - Pants on the Ground


Love this sequence how Peter just casually changes in the middle of dinner and leaves MJ to clean up the mess. Busted, Spidey!

2. Heroes in Crisis #9 - I Still Use His Name?


This is one of the few instances in these confessionals that really leaps out and speaks to the psychological trauma some of these characters face. And it's a very human question to ask.

1. Fantastic Four #10 - We Get Back Up!



Technically two panels, but I love the attitude of the Yancy Streeters, plus you have Franklin finally realizing this place and his family aren't so bad after all. Nice.

JAY

Honorable Mention: Fantastic Four #10 - Retake...


I love this! Valeria is so confident and this is something I said was going to happen when she returned LOL.

5. Fantastic Four #10 - Now? I Make... Nothing


This is a big moment for Franklin, we see why he has been acting out, it isn't him being a teenager. He is afraid he isn't going to be a part of his family anymore.

4. Fantastic Four #10 - As Long As It Takes!


YES! This is Franklin, he realizes what makes a family and what makes a hero.

3. Detective Comics Annual #2 - But, The Who Will I Hire To Be My Butler?


This is such a great scene between Bruce and Alfred, I just love their relationship.

2. Heroes In Crisis #9 - But I Can't Delete It...


First, how cool is it to see Sideways again? I just hope he isn't one of the heroes who died. This is such a small but powerful moment, anyone who lost someone understands how hard it is to get rid of something from a loved one, even when in your head you know you should. 

1. Doomsday Clock #10 - I'm The Villain.../ I’m The Man of Inaction


Such a big moment, Doctor Manhattan realizes the difference between him and Superman and that he is actually the villain of the story.


Top 5 Panels Of The Week - 5/29/19

Angel #1 - Forever Can Be Cruel
The Immortal Hulk #18 - All Smashed
Heroes in Crisis #9 - Pretty Girl
Fantastic Four #10 - We Are All Smarter Than Your Dad / Smartest One There Is
Doomsday Clock #10 - I’m The Man of Inaction/I'm The Villain...
Superman/Leviathan Special #1 - You Suck at it
Marvel's Spider-Man: City At War #3 - Pants on the Ground
Heroes in Crisis #9 - I Still Use His Name?
Fantastic Four #10 - We Get Back Up!
Fantastic Four #10 - Now? I Make... Nothing
Fantastic Four #10 - As Long As It Takes!
Detective Comics Annual #2 - But, The Who Will I Hire To Be My Butler?
Heroes In Crisis #9 - But I Can't Delete It...
Doomsday Clock #10 - I'm The Villain.../ I’m The Man of Inaction


To find a comic shop near you, visit Comic Shop Locator or call 1-888-Comic-Book.
For Interviews, News, Previews, Reviews, & more check out Comic Frontline 
Follow & Like Us On TwitterFacebookTumblrGoogle +, & YouTube
Let us know in the comments what you think of this Comic Frontline Article and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment