Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Top 5 Panels Of The Week - 6/26/19


Welcome Comic Frontline's Top 5 Panels! This is where the Frontline Six unite to pick their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week's post, we will announce the winner from the poll.

Fan Panel Pick From Last Week - The Unstoppable Wasp #9 - Losing Mothers


KAT

Honorable Mention - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #40 - Are We Good Enough? 



I like that Ryan showcases that filling the shoes of the original rangers isn't easy.


5. War of the Realms # 6 - They Can Co-Exist


What a message! We can all embrace the new, it doesn't erase the old.

4. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #40 - Off The Grid/Omega Rangers!


In the show Jason, Trini, and Zack had sudden exists because of behind of the scenes things with the show. So it's nice to see their story continue in a new way in the comics to expand upon their exit.

3. Runaways #22 - No?


We need more scenes with these three together. How I missed Gert's sarcasm!

2. Runaways #22 - Journey of Self-Actualization


I love this!

1. War of the Realms #6 - New


The start of Jane's new journey. I can't wait for her to become Valkyrie.

BRANT

5. Dial H for Hero #4 - AAUGH!



Poor Miguel got transformed into various classic comic strip characters. Had to go with the Peanuts homage here of course!

4.  Runaways #22 - No?


HAHA! "NO" is a spell. That's some fun writing right there.

3. War of the Realms #6 - He's Baaacck!


And better than ever? Time will tell, but I love the direction here, even if it was heavily telegraphed for years by Jason Aaron that he would become the All-Father.

2. Marvel Comics Presents #6 - Who Dis?!


So wait, Wolverine has a daughter? Someone clue me in. I didn't read this, I just heard about it and had to check out what the fuss was about. Maybe I'll read it...

1. The Amazing Spider-Man #24 - Sorry


Dang! Mysterio just can not catch a break! Well, I guess he did catch a break. Break of his helmet, his bones, his life... Oh, and Kindred is revealed... sort of!

JAY

Honorary Mention - Batman Damned #3 - Weeping Angels?


I love this scene, as a fan of Doctor Who and of the Weeping Angels, this has to be a nod to them, I mean come on one even says "My Tearless".

5. Dial H For Hero #4 - Dial G For Geek Out!


YES! What self-respecting geek wouldn't be just like Miguel here? Part of the enjoyment of this book is seeing myself in Miguel, and here is a perfect example. Well, except I would have known who Snapper Carr was!

4. War Of The Realms: New Agents Of Atlas #4 - SKRAKOOOOOM Bring In The Noise!



HELL YES! I love this book and this page was just so beautiful to see!

3. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #40 - Necessary Evil!


Who let the dog out? Dayne is freaking badass! Just one scene and already he has the fandom going crazy and wanting to know more about him!

2. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #40 - Of War And Peace...


WOW, such a great line! I love that Parrott is exploring how Billy, Kimberly, and Tommy are adjusting to the Angel Grove Trio leaving and the Stone Canyon Trio taking their place.

1. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #40 - Omega Rangers!/Off The Grid


Yes! YES! F*@% YES! I HATED when the Angel Grove Trio left without notice or real explanation (due to behind the scenes stuff) but I have never been so excited to be a Ranger fan than when I saw this page! Daniele di Nicuolo is a freaking genius, I just love these designs! Bring on the helmets and the morphin sequence! I NEED MORE!!!!

MIKE SPIDER-SLAYER 

5. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #8 - Not Pepper Spray!



Superheroes deal with all kinds of problems, but man that pepper spray has to be a pain.

4. Superior Spider-Man #8 - Breaking the Fourth Wall


Even Superior breaks the fourth wall in this issue! Gwenpoool drives him nuts!!

3. Superior Spider-Man #8 - To Me, My West Coast Avengers


Oh man Superior leading the West Coast Avengers and his new battle cry cracked me up!!

2. Superior Spider-Man #8 -Avengers Assemble!
  


This issue cracked me up!! The team wants “The Die is Cast” back after only one issue because of Doc Ock’s many “new” battlecries.

1. Marvel Comics Presents #6 - She's My Daughter
    

Oh my gosh this book is the spec book of the week, who would have thought that Wolverine had a daughter? A shocker for lots of fans. Let's see what Marvel decides to do with her.


Top 5 Panels Of The Week - 6/26/19

War of the Realms # 6 - They Can Co-Exist
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #40 - Off The Grid/Omega Rangers!
Runaways #22 - No?
Runaways #22 - Journey of Self-Actualization
War of the Realms #6 - New
Dial H for Hero #4 - AAUGH!
War of the Realms #6 - He's Baaacck!
Marvel Comics Presents #6 - Who Dis?!
The Amazing Spider-Man #24 - Sorry
Dial H For Hero #4 - Dial G For Geek Out!
War Of The Realms: New Agents Of Atlas #4 - SKRAKOOOOOM Bring In The Noise!
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #40 - Necessary Evil!
ighty Morphin Power Rangers #40 - Of War And Peace...
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #8 - Not Pepper Spray!
Superior Spider-Man #8 - Breaking the Fourth Wall
Superior Spider-Man #8 - To Me, My West Coast Avengers
Superior Spider-Man #8 -Avengers Assemble!
Marvel Comics Presents #6 - She's My Daughter
Created with PollMaker


To find a comic shop near you, visit Comic Shop Locator or call 1-888-Comic-Book.
For Interviews, News, Previews, Reviews, & more check out Comic Frontline 
Follow & Like Us On TwitterFacebookTumblrGoogle +, & YouTube
Let us know in the comments what you think of this Comic Frontline Article and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment