Saturday, July 11, 2015

SDCC 2015: Green Lantern Corps Movie In 2020!


Back in October of last year Warner Bros. announced their movie slate through 2020 with Green Lantern being scheduled for 2020 along with the Cyborg movie. Today in Hall H at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015 that the Green Lantern film will not be a solo one but instead a Green Lantern Corps movie when they flashed a Green Lantern Corps logo on the screen.



The rumors of a  multi-Lantern approach to the film began growing last month, with actor Chris Pine being said to be up for the role of Hal Jordan. Then when ET asked Fast and Furious actor Tyrese Gibson about the fan campaign to get him in the green suit Tyrese eluded that there may be more than one ring slinger on the big screen in 2020.
"There are certain things I can't speak on. But I will say, however this works out, it's definitely the fans' fault. I was at home minding my own business and fans start creating these fan-made videos of me as Green Lantern and I looked into it. I've been a fan of the Green Lantern. I took the oath, and I had a meeting at Warner Bros. and certain things were said and talked about. We'll just see what happens."
- Tyrese Gibson

Warner Bros. previously released a Green Lantern film starring Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan in 2011, which disappointed fans and even became a joke on The Big Bang Theory. But Don't expect the new film to follow that continuity. Instead, it will fit in with the new DC Cinematic Universe that was established in Man of Steel and will expanded in the upcoming Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
"I'm coming into this thing with some fans and some box office receipts behind my name and I say that proudly and humbly. I just think I deserve a shot at suiting up and becoming the Green Lantern."
- Tyrese Gibson
To lend some credit to all of this Tyree even mentioned an announcement during Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015.
"You never know. I might be there on the other side of an announcement. You never know."
- Tyrese Gibson
When asked about attending SDCC. 
So could these fan manips come true?


Related Links:

Let us know in the comments and on Comic Frontline what you think of this Comic-Con International: San Diego News and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews

All images are courtesy of DC Entertainment 

No comments:

Post a Comment