Saturday, October 18, 2014

Kat's Pull List for 10/22/14 "Father/Daughter Dynamic"



Kat talks about all the comics she is getting this week. Check out what Kat is excited for in this week's pull list.



Boom Studios



Butterfly #2

I didn't love issue 1 of Butterfly, but I thought the series gave me enough to pick up issue 2. I am curious about this father/daughter relationship. Butterfly reminds me a lot of the TV show Alias, without the emotional beats. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 69) 


Dark Horse 




Father's Day #1

I didn't know anything about this series until Nicole wrote an article about it. Nicole's article peaked my interest and this seems like another interesting father/daughter dynamic. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 69)

DC Comics



Arkham Manor #1

Arkham Manor is another new Bat related number 1. Even though the story for this series didn't totally peak my interested, I always like to give all Bat titles a try.   

Batman Eternal #29

The last couple of issues of Batman Eternal have been pretty weak. Lets hope this series can stay more consistent. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 69)



Deathstroke #1

This is one of my most anticipated issues for the week! I became a fan of Deathstroke with his appearances on Arrow and I think he is a badass villain. Something that also excites me about this title is that Tony S Daniel is drawing and writing the book. I love his work and looking forward to his take on Deathstroke. 

Earth 2 World's End #3

I have been really impressed with this weekly series. We are getting the same quality as the monthly series. I hope this series can stay consistently good. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 69)

Futures End #25

There are some stories I'm really interested in with this series. Like the Firestorm, Lois Lane, and Tim Drake stories. Then there are other stories like Frankenstein, Brother eye, and Mr Terrific I could care less about. They try to squish all of these stories together in one issue and that's what makes Futures End mediocre. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 69)    



The Flash #35 

I have been pretty impressed with Vendetti's run on Flash. I like where the story is going and can't wait to learn more about the Future Flash.  

 

 Harley Quinn #11

I am very torn with Harley Quinn. Some issues are fun, but then there are others that are plain disgusting. But I am excited for this issue of Harley. Amanda Conner is known for her run on Power Girl and can't wait for Powergirl to interact with Harley Quinn. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 69)



Multiversity The Just #1

I didn't like the first issue of Multiversity, but this one shot interested me. I think celebrity culture is interesting especially when you can intertwine it with the superhero genre.  

Dynamite



Bionic Woman Season 4 #2

I was really impressed by issue 1 of Bionic Woman. It had the same tone as the TV show, which the last Bionic Woman series was missing. Can't wait to read more! (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 69) 

Image



Revival #24

Revival has become one of my favorite series! I can't wait to see the mystery unfold of how being a revival is actually possible in this universe. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 69)



Starlight #6

Starlight started out really strong, but as the series went on it became a mediocre series. I hope this series can have a big finale with this issue. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 69)

Marvel



The Amazing Spider-man #8

As you guys know I am a HUGE Spider-Girl fan. She is my favorite superhero of all time!! So, to see her return is amazing. This will be the first time the character will be written by someone other than Tom Defalco, which kind of scares me. I hope Dan Slott can keep May in character and respect the character's history.   



Axis #3 

I was a bit more impressed with Axis issue 2 than I was with issue 1. So, lets hope issue 3 makes the series improve even more.   



Axis Hobgoblin

As a Spidey fan I had to get this mini series. Lets hope it's a good story for the Hobgoblin. 



The Logan Legacy #2

Even though I really didn't like issue 1, I decided to pick up issue 2 because it focuses on X-23. But this will probably be the only issue I get of the series after this.  



She Hulk #9 

She Hulk has been a pretty solid series so far and I am looking forward to seeing Matt Murdock and She Hulk go up against each other in this story arc. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 69)  

Zenescope



Grimm Fairy Tales Dark Shaman #1 

This looks like a fun mini series. Interested in seeing Zenescope tackle native american culture. (Exclusitve to Comic Uno Episode 69)    



Grimm Fairy Tales #103

I am glad that I am reading Grimm Fairy Tales. Zenescope has some great twists on classic fairy tale stories. After over 100 issues Zenescope has truly created its own universe. (Exclusive to Comic Uno Episode 69) 

     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment