Sunday, July 12, 2015

SDCC 2015: Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment Screening Block Arrow Panel

DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television have been dominating the small screen with hit shows like ArrowThe Flash, and Gotham they have cornered the market for live-action super heroics in our living rooms and with those shows returning and the additions of DC Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl joining them DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television reign has no end in sight. Saturday night they took over Hall H for the  Warner Bros. Television and DC Entertainment Screening Block panel, a three-hour event at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015; featuring both screening of new footage and cast Q&As.
The Arrow panel began with Ian Somerhalder (The Vampire Diaries) introduced as moderator, followed by a short Arrow season 3 video -- before Stephen Amell took the stage in full costume (specifically, the recently revealed season four costume). 


"San Diego Comic-Con, you have not failed this city. My name is Oliver Queen but you knew that after 5 years away I came home with only one goal I wanted to save my city. Along the way I gained a brother, I saw people I have known my entire life become super heroes and I fell in love. But I lost people, forever. The person that I was and the persona I created he failed. But Star City not Starling City, Star City still needs saving, and all of you, you can bet your last dollar that me and my team will bust our ass trying to save or breathe our last breaths trying. All of you have come so far, and I ask you come a little bit further -- with the Green Arrow!"
- Stephen Amell as Green Arrow



This led to a longer Arrow season 3 highlight reel, before the introduction of the cast --Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen/Arrow), Katie Cassidy (Lauren Lance/Black Canary), David Ramsey (Diggle), Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity), Willa Holland (Thea), John Barrowman (Malcolm Merlyn), Paul Blackthorne (Quentin Lance); executive producers Greg Berlanti, Wendy Mericle, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kriesberg; plus DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns.
"We've always said the progression for Oliver is from Arrow to Green Arrow, and this is the next step" 
- Greg Berlanti 

Guggenheim confirmed two more DC Comics characters that will be introduced in Arrow season 4: Anarky and Mister Terrific.
"He's got to work with Felicity. Our version of Mister Terrific happens to be gay."
- Greg Berlanti 

Holland will be in a red leather costume as Speedy in Arrow season 4. 
"I had tears of joy when I tried on the outfit for the first time."
Willa Holland


A fan asked about new character dynamics in season 4. "Everyone knows everyone's business now," Amell replied, referring to the main characters' secret identities now all being known to each other. That will lead to fresh dynamics being explored -- such as Malcolm & Felicity and Laurel & Thea.


Let us know in the comments what you think of this Comic-Con International: San Diego News and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews

All images are courtesy of DC Entertainment 

No comments:

Post a Comment