Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Dark Avenger's Top Picks For December 2, 2015


Top Picks for December 2, 2015
By Chris Ventura


The first week of December is here! The holidays are a mere few weeks away, and a new year knocking on the door but comics continue forward. This week the Robin War begins, Marvel releases more number ones, and the Indies keep pushing forward. This is a bit of a hefty read week, so let’s waste no time and jump in.




Top Picks:

BATMAN AND ROBIN ETERNAL #9
-The mystery thickens and man it’s amazing we are only one issue away from #10 and the rollercoaster ride hasn’t stopped yet! Loving the flashbacks that mix into present day, and it leaves me questioning what Bruce did. Really excited to see what happens next!


PAPER GIRLS #3
-This has been a fun series to read, one of my favorites from Image. I have a specific top 5 books from image and this is in that top 5. The first issue we got introduced to our characters and the mystery began. Last issue created more questions, so I’m really enjoying the direction of this book and recommend it as a check out.


ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT AVENGERS #2
-This is in my top because out of all the Avengers books so far I liked this one the most, and I’m hoping things will build up after the first issue. So this is really me hoping the story improves and we get to see more with this issue before the big Avengers cross over in a few months.

ALL NEW INHUMANS #1
-I wasn’t much of a fan of Uncanny so I’m hoping all new Inhuman’s will be better. I have hope for it. Marvel is bringing out a whole lot of “all new” books but they involve a lot of knowledge of some previous volume stories, this book I saw look at first to see if you will enjoy it or not.


ALL NEW X-MEN #1
-Really looking forward to seeing where this book will be going with the out of time X-men minus Jean of course. I love Mark Bagley’s art so I know the book will look amazing! Hoping the story matches the art, but still really can’t wait.

SPIDEY #1
-Spider-man in his teen years! Is this marvels way of substituting the ultimate Spider-Man?? Nah but still this book I’m looking forward to reading, the tale of a young Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Yeah saying that reminds me of the Ultimate Spider-Man a bit but all this takes place in the 616 U.

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #4
-Two words: Mary Jane! Really excited to see how bendis brings MJ into the Iron Man part of the Marvel U. I’ve really been enjoying this book a lot more in its new direction and the art is really nice to look at. I definitely recommend this book as a try for a diehard fan or even a tiny fan of the character.

EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #3
-Hands down one of my favorite new books in the ANAD Marvel. I’m really enjoying this book, Ramos’s art shines here! I’m really enjoying the direction of the story and character progression, I would definitely recommend checking this series out.


Other books to consider:

  • ANGEL AND FAITH SEASON 10 #21
  • CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS III #2
  • LARA CROFT FROZEN OMEN #3
  • DC PRESENTS ROBIN WAR 100 PAGE SPECTACULAR #1
  • ROBIN WAR #1
  • GOTHAM ACADEMY #12
  • INSUFFERABLE #8
  • TMNT COLOR CLASSICS VOL. 3 #12
  • DAREDEVIL #1
  • NOVA #2
  • STAR WARS #13 
  • TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1
  • GFT PRESENTS 2015 REALM KNIGHTS ANNUAL
  • JAMES BOND #2
  • X-O MANOWAR COMMANDER TRILL #0

Kiddie Corner:

  • LOONEY TUNES #228
  • DONALD DUCK #8
  • ANGRY BIRDS SUPER ANGRY BIRDS #4
  • MY LITTLE PONY FRIENDS FOREVER #23
  • BOBS BURGERS ONGOING #6
  • KUNG FU PANDA #3
  • GARFIELD'S CHEESY HOLIDAY #1

Related Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment