Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Bravo's Weekly Anime Lineup #44

This week's anime screenshot is Re: Creators 
I realized a bit ago I've been at this for a little over a year! Pretty impressive, huh? Either way make sure you aren't spoiled and we'll get right into it! 

Tuesday, July 25th:

New Game!!:

This episode was actually a bit slow. It featured most of them working on the main character's game idea all day. Normally there are more antics. This one had a bit less of that automatically making it a bit weaker. Still, I enjoyed it. The main girl and the brunette are my favorite couple of the show and there were a few scenes like that. Much to my enjoyment there was also my favorite couple, Main girls best friend and the one that likes guns. I think they're a couple no one can tell me otherwise. They're great. It's slower this time around but if you like these couples it's OK and worth the watch! Still a good episode from a good show! 

Wednesday, July 26th:

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations:

This episode was really cute. I really like the girl this episode was featured on. I didn't think I really would. I also don't mind Sakura. Her kid really is the sweetest thing, though. She went to such great lengths with her friend just to get that doll to the kid. Sakura clearly raised her right, and Sasuke as well when he was still around. Though, I'm not sure when he left the family. Still pretty shitty of him to leave his daughter. I also like how the episode tied into Boruto and the other boys fishing. It was so cute and funny! This was a good episode. Yes it was filler to the highest degree, but I loved it and I think you guys would enjoy as well. 

Netsuzou Trap:

Shit is getting really real, really fast in this show. The girl that's flirting with the main is getting abused badly. It's being heavily implied that she'd being raped and apparently beat up now. She's wearing a patch over one eye to hide a bruise! Then we have the other girl. Honestly I feel like she's being shittier then other girl. The other girl at least has an excuse, but the main girl is just cheating and leading this poor guy on. He hasn't done anything to deserve it at all. Maybe he's being a bit pushy about sex, but still. He didn't force it upon her when she didn't want to like the other guy. He's always stopped when the main got uncomfortable. The whole phone part at the end was uncomfortable. Still as tense as it was I enjoyed it. I like the controversy and more intense stuff. 

Saiyuuki Reload Blast:

It seems like these next few episodes are actually going to focus on the previous incarnations of these guys. I love all their forms from the past they all look really good. Different and cool but you can tell it's them. I like reincarnation plots a lot. I can't wait to see Goku with this god kid again their interaction will be very interesting. I also adore the goddess that Sanzo was with before. She is so gorgeous and I'm crushing on her honestly. This was great I can't wait to see what happened to their previous incarnations after that! It ended so abruptly. Awesome episode! 

Hajimete No Gal:

This girl is so good to the protagonist. Insanely good, I can't believe the protagonist has such a great girlfriend. She is very good to him and her friendship with the other girl is really nice and cute as well. I will give credit where credit is due, though. The protagonist is proving he isn't just in it for loosing his virginity. The friend tried to ruin the relationship and he didn't allow it. Turns out the friend is in love with that girl, though. So possible lesbianism in the show as well! Oh look, the student council president may also be a yandere. Honestly if your in an anime just stay away from the student council. They all seem to be evil somehow. Still I actually enjoyed this a lot! Maybe this will be a good show! 

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV):

Well turns out the sweet girl actually has a psycho side as well! Damn it not even the cute deredere's can be trusted now? It seems like there is a hidden yandere under every rock these days! That was so fucked up what she did to the main. I think it was clever though, checking to see if tests from the previous year were open and bending the rules to his advantage. It was ingenious honestly. I honestly feel bad for the other class they showed. No matter what someone is going to get screwed over and it shouldn't be that way! The new characters are interesting though I like them already. A good episode,  a lot of interesting stuff happened. I enjoyed it! 

Thursday, July 27th:

Gamers:

This was still in the meh quality this anime seems to carry. They introduced a new girl to the group. I can't believe they're making a club of people who like games but aren't in the club. I seriously cannot even conceive with this angle. The new girl was cute, though I'll give you that. I didn't like her makeover honestly. She looked better when she was more like a hermit. That pink haired girl, though. She's pretty insane am I right? It was another meh episode. Didn't do much for me at all. 

Friday, July 28th:

Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi:

Wow! So I guess these episodes are just going more and more fucked up as time goes on. That poor new character having to watch all this shit. I have no idea why Ai feels the need to show this little girl all of this. She has her reasons...probably not good ones by any stretch of the imagination, but reasons. This kid was actually really clever about the Hell Correspondence. Having other people that would hold grudges do it instead of him is perfect. Part of me kind of wanted to see that setup. His family and that boyfriend really is the family from hell, though. Someone put these guys on Maury or something. How the kid became a murderer afterwards was disturbing and yet so interesting. I don't remember that happening on the show until now. Still it was awesome. Disturbing and awful, but I loved it. Probably one of the best so far. 

Nobunaga no Shinobi: Ise Kanegasaki-hen:

The retreat continues and Jesus the guy they were fighting was god modded a lot! I know it was supposed to be funny but I was honestly really worried about Chidori! He was able to thwart her no matter what she pulled! Then on Nobunaga's end they're going to have to fight that grumpy looking guy. This should be interesting. This was a good episode and I liked it! 

Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul:

Everyone is together with the exception of Joanne. She was still in heaven until later in the episode. Everyone called it with Gabriel being the bad guy. I should have seen it coming sooner. Nina looks really good disguised as the demon. The relationship between her and that king is really forced, if you ask me. I don't get  how Nina could forgive him after he's just a little nice to her at all. Still it was a good episode and I can't wait to see what happens next! 

Shoukoku no Altair:

We follow the main character with a new gang of characters. The other one seems more light hearted and acts as kind of a foil to the man guy. I liked it and the fights in this episode are so awesome! I also honestly keep seeing more and more proof that the purple haired dude is the bad guy. Still I love the new group and the character development happening. I honestly don't have much to say, but it was still a great episode! 

Vatican Kiseki Chousakan:

This show is completely batshit as well as kind of boring immediately. Turns out another branch of the story was the school is secretly teaching Nazism. They were brainwashing people and having them do this crazy shit. Now that's some insane stuff. That demon/student that was lit on fire was pretty crazy as well. The new character seems just as boring. I didn't like it too much, just like last time. I wish I chose a different show to review to be honest. 

Saturday, July 29th:

Boku No Hero Academia 2nd Season:

This was really cool and very interesting. The fight with hero killer was amazing. I'm so proud of all 3 of these guys! They fought so well against Hero Killer. Iida especially shines here because he overcomes Hero Killer and kicks his ass! The there was the fight with those things. Hero Killer going against them was the last thing I expected. Either way, he won't be back in the series for awhile. Just when he showed how cool and well written he is as well! I can't wait to see why and how that happened. Either way, the bad guys are going to have some strife in the community now because of that. Still a great episode I enjoyed it! 

Re:Creators:

I'm not sure where this went last week. Whatever, it's back now. The beginning part with the car caught my attention. The song honestly sounded like the Gorillaz song 19/2000. Just saying so haha. The tournament is going to be fun, but it seems like the bad guys already know what's up. The fight is going to be amazing I can feel it! It was also nice seeing all the characters take a break before the whole tournament started. It was really funny and cute and they all get along so well. It's one of the best teams ever! I enjoyed this a lot as per usual! I do wonder who that knight is on the bad guy team. We've seen very little of him thus far. He must be super strong! 

Hitorijime My Hero:

The anime listened to me and got it over with. Again, it might be a cute romance had it not been for the teacher student thing. The focus shifted on those 2 this time and the teacher wasn't mean to him at all. He protected him from being hurt. That I honestly appreciate so I'll just ignore the whole teacher thing. The kiss was really interesting. I think the student will have trouble trusting him. He seems like he's been through a lot. It'll be sweet to see the emotional end of this story. Again, very thankful no abuse happened between these two. I liked this a bit more than last time. 

Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu:

This episode was sad as hell. Turns out swords can actually die! That character dying the battle shocked me honestly. I really didn't think or even expect there was a possibility swords can die! The reaction was so heart breaking. There weren't as many tears as you would expect, but the silence and how numb they seem has even more of an effect. All hope is not lost, though! We finally had the first appearance of my favorite sword Mikazuki! I hope the other swords are nice to him and don't feel like he's replacing the one that died. He looks so amazing in this animation style though! I loved this episode it was awesome and well executed! 

Sin: Nanatsu no Taizai:

Finally the last episode what took so long!? They all fought an angel basically. There were tears because Lucifer almost died but she didn't. We all knew she wouldn't. Everyone was fine and Pride in the end took Lucifer's side when the angel betrayed her. Lucifer becomes queen and everyone lives and it's a happily ever after.

Overall I give this show a 6/10. It's OK but it was too overly sexual. I was hoping for a more serious plot even though the girls were scantily clad. Still I liked the characters, the art and animation was nice and the music was pretty good. I do want to warn you, this is more for people who like more sexual anime. It's an acquired taste for sure. If it sounds like something you would like, go for it. It's fine I guess and worth a look. 

The Reflection:

We get to see what the reflection is and what happened immediately afterwards. It was pretty chaotic and actually killed a lot of people. Those who lived through it got powers. I thought the short haired chick was a boy at first. The first battle scene they showed directly after everything was really cool. I'm starting to get a bit more invested! The plot I'm focused on is the girl and that superpower, The X I assume he's called. This could shape up to be interesting! It is getting better compared to last time for sure! I liked this! 

Ballroom e Youkoso:

The poor main character. Poor dude just wants to dance with his crush and issues crop up everywhere everytime. I feel so bad for the redhead guy. He's been through a lot and danced himself to the point of collapse. He really is impressive and I was so sad to see him go! I hope he comes back. I thought now they may focus on building the relationship but now we have new characters. All of them want to dance with the other and split up the main character's potential relationship apart. Still they are good characters and I liked them a lot. They made a great entrance into the show! Again, though redhead better come back! Good episode, though! 

Sunday, July 30th:

Kakegurui:

This was actually really good. Believe it or not, the blonde girl and the main girl are a really good duo! Now the blonde is a bit more fun to watch. The anime turned the tables and made you want to see her succeed against that one gross brute. That poor girl, it was kind of cool to see her loose her shit like this. The main girls are now friends and I honestly love how the main guy is just exasperated. He's just "Oh shit this is a bad idea but it's happening anyway huh? Oh well." He's a great character and so are these two! Great episode for sure! 

Centaur no Nayami:

This show really is a cute one. This one wasn't as cute as the last one, but boy was it up there. First of all I really hope the main character gets a partner. I'm sure we won't see it if she does, but she deserves one. The experience she had as a kid, and her thinking people will find her gross saddened me so much. She is great and deserves a nice boyfriend and the fact that it didn't work saddened me. The studying plot was pretty cute and funny as well. She had a cute new hairstyle. Definitely another good one from this show, I liked it a lot!  

Ballroom E Youkoso:

That moment when your questions are answered earlier then you expected. 

Turns out two episodes aired this week! We got to see who the two characters are! They are really cute. It's a brother and sister dancing duo. I was honestly immediately reminded of Friends, Monica and Ross and the routine. That was a great image. The girl wants to dance with the main guy, and honestly they are a cute couple. They'll make good friends in the very least. Even the other guy is cute despite his arrogance and such. This was nice and cute and I liked it! It really was a nice surprise to have on top of everything! 

Fate/Apocrypha:

I hate how this show jumps around so much. It leaves me really confused! It seems like Joanne and the homonculus aren't going to be together quite yet. She seems like a neutral party. It seems like even more new characters are being introduced. That mother/daughter thing is new. I'm trying to enjoy this and its cast but there's too much going on! Why can't they stretch it out the show is going to be 25 episodes! I'm still intrigued mostly with the homonculus, but still. Too much going on. Good episode, though. 

Monday, July 31st:

Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ:

A few thing happened in this episode! It seems like this series will focus on the internal development of everyone. Not just Hibiki or just Chris, but everyone! Maria is dealing with her past, Shirabe and Kirika are pushing themselves too hard so they may not need linker, and Chris is still feeling bad about the leg thing. That and Tsubasa is at the mercy of her family. Honestly, for once Hibiki is the one that's OK! The whole bad guy team is setup and eventually have the ultimate enemy to shut down any gear. That's why they lost. It'll be interesting to see them overcome this, and I'm also excited to see how the scientist coming back to life (kind of) goes. This was really good, I enjoyed it! 

Isekai Shokudou:

Two characters as per usual. The first one was some warrior Lion and his story. Basically this cafe seems to be like his one joy. It seems each one is also connected to someone's backstory or their people somehow. The lion character was enjoyable, though. Then we had a pretty elf girl. She was cute but honestly kind of similar to the royal character a bit ago. Still she was cute I guess. An OK episode by this show's standards. 

Koi to Uso:

This episode featured the getaway. I don't know what the other dude thinks it will achieve trying to make the blonde jealous. Like I get why he did it, but if he wants the main guy, then why would he try to make the blonde want him more. Now she's jealous as well it doesn't make any sense! Still the trip was nice and seeing what the main guy's passion's were was surprisingly sweet. It has a lot of filler, though being a trip episode. Bathing suits and everything, if you've watched even a little anime you get what I mean. Still it was a good one! 

Princess Principal:

We got to see them do more cool stuff! Honestly all the character's so cool but Ange has stolen my heart. She gives me inspiration for my character's and she's just so cool. I may even want to cosplay as her. I'm surprised they were still so suspicious of the princess, but either way she proved herself loyal to the spies. Dorthy flirting with the gaurds was good to especially with how good she was at it! Great episode! 

Overall:

A pretty great week honestly! I think it had less meh ones then last week, or maybe they were just less meh this time around. My favorite were, Saiyuuki, Jigoku Shoujo, Symphogear and Princess Principal! My least favorites were Vatican and Isekai Shokudou. 

I bid you adieu until my next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment